St. Louis, Mo

sonocativo

Reaction score
Any Deaf Events going on in St. Louis Missouri or surrounding counties
( South County, Arnold, Barnhart, Imperial, FESTUS, Hillsboro, DeSoto )
I would like to attend some other than the one I have attended before in Arnold ( they werent too friendly there ) so looking to find more to see if there is on more accepting for me since I really dont know anyone who is deaf.

Any Deaf Events going on in St. Louis Missouri or surrounding counties
( South County, Arnold, Barnhart, Imperial, FESTUS, Hillsboro, DeSoto )
I would like to attend some other than the one I have attended before in Arnold ( they werent too friendly there ) so looking to find more to see if there is on more accepting for me since I really dont know anyone who is deaf.

About You can get assistance here.

St Louis has a big deaf population. Hopefully you can find some group that will accept you.

About You can get assistance here.

St Louis has a big deaf population. Hopefully you can find some group that will accept you.

Thanks for the link, wish I knew this sooner or I would have gone to the dinner and meet new people, maybe catch the next meet next week. Looks like it will be fun.

Now here is some awesome news... Ran into some long lost relatives of sorts, My cousin passed away a few years back and I havent seen his wife/kids in years. Well come to find out my cousins daughter has a fiance whos parents/aunts/uncles were all deaf so he and his sister knows ASL and going to work with me as well as introduce me to some of the community gatherings. Wouldnt have known this if I havent found them on Facebook recently.

Wirelessly posted

All the best to you sonscativo :)

Funny, I went to the Butcher shop today to get a big roast to make jerky with and the kid who works there can sign a bit as well, he is hearing. Im gonna drop in again tomorrow and talk with him a bit to see who he knows or if he is just learning as well, he just stated that he knows a little ASL but not alot.

Thanks! I live in Columbia. :)

Edit: But I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance!

I am hard of hearing. Recently moved here to St. Louis and am trying to find a deaf club to get involved in. I need to know times, dates, and locations. This would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

I am hard of hearing. Recently moved here to St. Louis and am trying to find a deaf club to get involved in. I need to know times, dates, and locations. This would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Here you go.

GSLAD | Greater St. Louis Association of the Deaf – a Premier Deaf club in the Midwest!

2190 Creve Coeur Mill Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043

Upcoming Events
~ Annual Election of GSLAD Officers
November 10, 2012 – 7:00 pm
~ GSS - Thanksgiving Dinner Party
November 14, 2012 – 9:00 am
~ Happy Hour
November 16, 2012 – 6:00 pm
~ Dart League Games
November 16, 2012 – 7:00 pm

Hey kids!

I will be speaking at this event, Skepticamp 2015, which is a science and critical thinking conference on Aug 22, 2015.

I will be speaking about neurology, especially about how we learn about the ways in which the brain works by studying the differences between the brains of hearing people vs Deaf people, Amputees vs non-amputees, and etc. This topic is close to my heart as a HoH amputee who is an occupational therapist.

Anyways, we have a lot of other speakers and the best part is that I've somehow managed to convince the Skeptical Society of St. Louis to provide ASL interpreters for the entire conference.

Wanna come?

http://www.meetup.com/skepticalstl/events/220794656/

Back