Sprint Relay - HTC EVO 4G

What's the battery life on this EVO? 3-4 hours?

Battery drains to use video streaming, GPS, WiFi, and 4G. Better turn off GPS, WiFi and 4G for saving battery life. Stand by hours about 10 hours.

How to save battery life hours in EVO 4G.
Tips and tricks to extending the HTC EVO 4G and Incredible’s battery life (and what this says about Android)

I've been using Advanced Task Killer and it did extended battery life. It have widget "buttons" that I can turn off or on Wifi, GPS, bluetooth, update and screen brightness level. I love it. Samsung Moment's battery extended more than 11 hours. I use "sleep" button (usually a hangup button) to put it to sleep which extends the battery life.

I am planning on swap my Samsung Moment for HTC Evo because I didn't like Nuance dragon speaking software kick up and running when I accidentally press side button for voice dialing every time that I don't want it. It's really annoying!! Because when Naunce was running. I can't close it until it's finished running before I can use other apps.

HTC Evo do not have side buttons like Moment have. This make things easier and it's thinner too. That's the advantage.

If you are planning to use GPS, be sure to plug power adapter (automotive micro usb charger). GPS is the worst battery sucker. Once using GPS running on battery, you'll kill the battery within 10 minutes of use. I noticed that it take time to recharge back to full ( around 3 to 4 hours).

I bought automotive micro USB retractable chargers for $5 in Ebay. I don't care if it's cheap but as long as it charges my phone. It helped me BIG time!

Catty

eek! No way that I get a phone with just 10 hours standby !!!

10 hours standby???

Battery life for iPhone 4:

* Talk time: Up to 7 hours on 3G, 14 hours on 2G
* Standby time: Up to 300 hours
* Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, 10 hours on Wi-Fi
* Video playback: Up to 10 hours
* Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

I was really interested in this, but now with the extra 10$ per month they're trying to charge they can kiss my ass.

Yes, You can apply data plan at $29.95/mo. if 4G network isn't available in some metro cities yet. If 4G network are ready to be launching, upgrade $10 more.

Yes, You can apply data plan at $29.95/mo. if 4G network isn't available in some metro cities yet. If 4G network are ready to be launching, upgrade $10 more.

I have tried my friend's HTC EVO, and it is very nice and easier than HTC Hero. HTC Hero is more complicated because of touch screen.

Anyway, I am sticking with my iphone for now.

I have tried my friend's HTC EVO, and it is very nice and easier than HTC Hero. HTC Hero is more complicated because of touch screen.

Anyway, I am sticking with my iphone for now.

You won't like HTC EVO because battery life is awful and few accessories unlike iPhone 4 and 3GS.

i buy it at sprintrelay i love it htc evo 4g but i hate battery too short like five hours that it .. feed htc evo's charger three time per day.. i hate battery 1500mah too little for htc evo 4g 4.3 size big.. i have to htc evo send back to sprintrelay and rma soon .. sad.. i can't do nothing smile

i buy it at sprintrelay i love it htc evo 4g but i hate battery too short like five hours that it .. feed htc evo's charger three time per day.. i hate battery 1500mah too little for htc evo 4g 4.3 size big.. i have to htc evo send back to sprintrelay and rma soon .. sad.. i can't do nothing smile

Too bad. I know that EVO 4G s battery is lousy! You should turn off wifi, 4G and streaming video to save battery life.

too bad. I know that evo 4g s battery is lousy! You should turn off wifi, 4g and streaming video to save battery life.

i think maybe you are right... Okay i wll check my htc evo..thank you chevy 57

Sprintrelay send me email about htc evo 4g .. Please 4g turn off.. Cause battery eat up... I understand it now..

Sprintrelay send me email about htc evo 4g .. Please 4g turn off.. Cause battery eat up... I understand it now..

You should read review first before you buy it.

If you want return it then you have pay $35 restocking fee, just be careful when you purchase cell phone.

I paid $35 restocking fee for returned Palm Pre due screen defective and I was like WTF.

Back