Sprint Epic 4G

I played around with it today at Sprint store. I was impressed with it! It has an awesome crisp display with nice graphics. There is even 3g coverage here! ;)
Seq, Epic 4g is better than your ole device, doesn't it?

Far better than the Windows Mobile OS, LOL!
Seq, yes ofc it does! there is no freeze nor crash if loading twitter or facebook, email while multitasking runs smooth.

winmo sometime gave me bad headaches about freeze/ lock up if loading twitter or facebook, or email.. I do not understand HTC HD2 has good specs, and winmo should runs smooth. But I believe winmo OS is some glitchly, or bloat OS, or incomplete..

My cousin and I had played with both of Epic 4G and Evo 4G at Sprint store today. She decided to order Epic 4G on Sprint Relay store online. It will be shipped to her within 5 to 7 business days.

Yes, because of the fact they cant even get the order in until around Thursday. Mine was supposed to be placed today and shipped overnight (corporate account) but they have had all kinds of issues. I really hope I get it by Friday.

One thing that does concern me however is that I'm seeing a lot of forum posts about the longevity of the battery. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Has anyone gotten their Epic that would comment about the battery life?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqZC-Q23FHw&feature=uploademail"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqZC-Q23FHw&feature=uploademail[/ame]

Seq, yes ofc it does! there is no freeze nor crash if loading twitter or facebook, email while multitasking runs smooth.

winmo sometime gave me bad headaches about freeze/ lock up if loading twitter or facebook, or email.. I do not understand HTC HD2 has good specs, and winmo should runs smooth. But I believe winmo OS is some glitchly, or bloat OS, or incomplete..

Yeah, Winmo OS is basically a bloatware OS. Too many outdated code that isn't optimized for a mobile phone. Lot of the code come from desktop Windows. It feels sluggish at times, too.

Qik that comes with the Epic is a very nice apps.

it does video calling and on wifi i could chat with my gf to her epic and also we chatted another friend with EVO

It works so-so on 3G some choppy but we don't have a 4G in our area so cannot test 4G capiablty

I strongly recommend Qik if you calling someone else with Samsung Galaxy phones like EVo or Epic etc.

Qik will also let you take video and upload it to yourtube or facebook or send it someone online too.

I strongly suggest you learn how to swype on virtual keyboard. it fast and easy once you get the hang of it.

I brought Epic because of the slide our phycial keyboard and didn't want to use virual keyboard on screen but once I played with swype feature and slide my finger across the keyboard it was awesome and faster than typing on keyboard.

Qik that comes with the Epic is a very nice apps.

it does video calling and on wifi i could chat with my gf to her epic and also we chatted another friend with EVO

It works so-so on 3G some choppy but we don't have a 4G in our area so cannot test 4G capiablty

I strongly recommend Qik if you calling someone else with Samsung Galaxy phones like EVo or Epic etc.

Qik will also let you take video and upload it to yourtube or facebook or send it someone online too.

That's sweet! You're making me jealous, LOL! I found out it has a 800x480 4.0" super OLED display. When I saw it, the display is pretty crisp and clear as heck, lol. I liked how the background wall paper moves when you slide left or right to check more applications.

That's sweet! You're making me jealous, LOL! I found out it has a 800x480 4.0" super OLED display. When I saw it, the display is pretty crisp and clear as heck, lol. I liked how the background wall paper moves when you slide left or right to check more applications.

yeah Epic is a sweet phone and Andriod may be new OS but it pretty good for a new OS too.

I am done with Windows Mobile and not even going to bother go to WM7 either I am sticking with Andriod.

If you select ocean live wallpaper and tap on it it will respone like you actually made wave or force water to move

But remember using wifi or some heavy apps will drain the battery faster and it the same with all smartphone even iphone

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's actually Super AMOLED.

I am still learning Andriod but here a tip I wanted to share with you all.

The default email that come with Epic kinda of sucks so get the K9 Email Client instead.

K9 Email Client is so much better and you can find it in the Android Market.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I hope I could sell this phone and get some extra money and use my money to buy that phone in the fall. I wonder how much this phone is worth, time to research on ebay or amazon.com or similar.

Sprint emailed me today and said my Epic order is in and the phone will be here tomorrow! I'm excited! I just hope Earl does not interfere with the overnight air.

I found a 2 battery and quick charger kit on ebay for $10 and bought it. People have been buying them for their EVO and said the battery is just as good as the OEM battery. I think $10 is worth the risk to find out.

By the way Samsung Media Hub does not output your phone to the TV. Samsung Media Hub is an online software store for the Galaxy S phones similar to the itunes store where you can buy/rent full length HD movies. I'm disappointed the Epic does not display captions for movies that contain subtitles.. youd think with a phone like this for the sprint relay they would have that feature. There may be an app out there that can do it but I have not heard of it.

Here is a link to an article on the media hub: http://pocketnow.com/android/this-is-samsungs-media-hub
This is the dock which has a downloadable app from samsung to enhance it - alarm clock etc: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...ype=acc_detail&subsubtype=chargers&returnurl=

There is a Media Dock for the phone but it does not output to the TV either. Sprint had Samsung remove the TV out capability from the Epic due to some conflict with Sprint TV licensing or something. People are hoping that the android 2.2 froyo upgrade will restore the TV out function of the phone.

You can still output your content to the TV via DLNA such as through special Samsung TV's or PS3 or XBOX360 but it is limited to photos or videos. The TV out function was different because it put everything (almost) displayed on the phone on the TV. I was hoping to get that feature so I hope the froyo upgrade puts it back. Two methods are possible 1) tv output via headphone jack 2) TV output via microusb to HDMI cable. Right now however, its disabled. Developers are working on trying to hack and restore it but so far I dont think they have had any success.

Last edited:
But remember using wifi or some heavy apps will drain the battery faster and it the same with all smartphone even iphone

What is your approximate battery life I'm curious? Does it last you all day without needing a charge?

Another thing that can drain the battery fast is a lot of web browsing. This is why the Epic has a separate brightness setting for the browser. The color white uses up a lot of power and the majority of web pages have white in their backgrounds.

What is your approximate battery life I'm curious? Does it last you all day without needing a charge?

Another thing that can drain the battery fast is a lot of web browsing. This is why the Epic has a separate brightness setting for the browser. The color white uses up a lot of power and the majority of web pages have white in their backgrounds.

Oh really? It don't happen to my iPhone 4 and battery life is good after used web browsing alot.

Android does drain the battery if use IM alot too, I had experienced with Droid in past.

Back