Spring has sprung 2012

SANY0176.jpg

SANY0185.jpg

I've always known "antebellum" to mean "before slavery" so that makes those homes pretty dang old....

Wirelessly posted (BB Curve 9300)

Tousi said:
I've always known "antebellum" to mean "before slavery" so that makes those homes pretty dang old....

Ante (before) bellum (war).

In this case, before the American Civil War.

If I get any extra time I will try to get more antebellum photos. Those homes were in Marietta - specifically, the Marietta Square.

I would love to own one of those and hole myself up in one and write the next great American novel.

Those were some wonderful pictures Steinhauer. Ya done good!!

Figured I should post the closeup of the "Lady in Black's" Memorial to her sister:

LadyinBlack.jpg

SANY0190.jpg

SANY0191.jpg

Finally getting some more blooms.=) The daffodill and squill are gone, but I have creeping thyme (I love the name almost as much as the flower):

526676_10150711734849548_361268479547_9197963_921788576_n.jpg

We get a lot of these, too, and I think they are beautiful.

IMG_3914.JPG

Be honest, if you weren't from earth, just showed up, wouldn't you wonder why people plant marigolds and dig up dandelions?

IMG_3941.JPG

A basket of yellow pansies just bloomed outside the front door, overwintered from last year. Nice surprise.

Wild violets are everywhere- purple, white, and yellow ones:

IMG_3937.JPG

I didn't get a good picture of the white violets, but here's a close up of a yellow:

IMG_3965.JPG

There are also some violets that are a kind of combination of the purple and white:

IMG_3924.JPG

I have only one small bunch of tulips and I have a funny story about them:

IMG_3944.JPG

They actually grow just outside our driveway gate. The first year we let our foster sons/godsons play outside without somebody else in the yard to watch them, we walked the yard with them first to show them the boundaries, and told them not to step one foot past the driveway (the rest of the yard is well fenced and even hidden from the street, which isn't a busy road anyway. Only five households on a two mile stretch).

I came back inside, sat down, and the boys came running in almost immediately, with ALL my red tulips in their warm, sticky little hands.

They were SHOCKED that I immediately knew they had disobeyed and gone beyond the yard.

"You boys are in trouble," I said, as soon as they walked in. "I told you where to stay, and you immediately went outside the yard the moment my back was turned."

"no, we did not," said one of them at the exact same moment the other said, "How did you know?"

My poor tulips had only bloomed that morning.

Back