speech-to-text app or devices for conversations

Georgewes

Reaction score
does anyone know of any devices that can be used for spleech-to-text daily conversations.

does anyone know of any devices that can be used for spleech-to-text daily conversations.

Try out Live Transcribe for Android devices. Hopefully it'll out come for Apple soon. I use this for a small art class and it seemed to pick up pretty well. It is not perfect as it is voice recognition technology. There are other apps:

AVA - which you will need to pay/subscribe
Texthear - which might be better if the speaker wears a microphone.
There is also https://webcaptioner.com/ which you just go to the website and use it directly and might be better with a microphone.

Again like most voice recognition technology there will be typos and it may stop and not work at all.

I'm sure there are other apps and devices that are available. Type in voice recognition/speech to text for deaf/ etc in google search and see what you can find.

All the best, Annie :)

I used live transcribe over the weekend on a group with me and three hearing people. It worked much better than Ava which I tried with the same group. Not perfect but more accurate. We were in a crowded restaurant and it picked up a lot of the conversation correctly. Ava isn't as good even in quiet places with everyone having it on their phones.

ava gives you 5 hours free per month. unlimited free IF you link to another ava user. not sure if the other has to pay. live transcribe might be messing with my phone. I had to uninstall it

Back