Spam

Secretblend

Reaction score
I have seen alot of spam come and go but I have to say the past few days is probably the worse one I've seen!!!

Yeah, they're back and that gives Alex more work to filter those spammers.

office-email-emailing-fine_tuning-fine_tuned-junk_mails-bven187_low.jpg

I'm actually surprised it's happening now- other than being the weekend. They usually appear on holiday breaks like summer and Christmas break (some colleges have 3-4 week winter breaks). But then those coming out of China or Romania don't care.

I'm just happy it hasn't topped 500+ spam posts in one day (yes I've seen it- well over 1,000-1,500 in one 24 hour period...fun...not).

Looks like it's taken care of.... hasn't seen the streaming spam posts so far today.

Annoying!...

Been posted before but I cannot find the thread....Spam continues...I've counted 4 or 5 threads this AM....

And you know they are by same person, I wonder if he/she is spoofing the ip address?

I am trying not to keep the jerk a lot of attention b/c that could encourage the jerk!

I've clicked on the thread...but not the Links....thinking it looked interesting...maybe this is how this person gets their jollies?....

I never click on the link , it could a malware.

You might be onto to something RR, 'different strokes for different folks'.

Exactly- the person doesn't care about 'attention', they'll never see the thread again anyway, I don't think they do it for 'jollies' in general- they just post and run and guessing many are doing it for money (pitiful amount likely)- post x number of links in as many forums as you can to spread whatever it is. Most of us know not to click on links that either don't match the subject title (though interesting they've gotten smart in how to word the titles here) or are just plain strange looking.

99% of the time I don't click on links in threads no matter who posts them if that is all that is in the OP- a link- for that very reason- could be a bad link. If there's a short text blurb with the link then I may click on it to read further.

Definitely annoying but easier to report as there aren't many (try 300+ spam posts in one day- most questionable "pharmaceuticals" ).

Back