Southland Deaf Job Fair 2005

Nesmuth

Reaction score

Scheduled to take place in the American Legion Hall (555 beach Blvd) in Friday, April 8, 2005 10am - 3pm. Free admission.

Free booths for registered employers, trade schools, approved non-profit social service, and government agencies.

Vendors of home based or MLM business opportunities $25.00 per booth.

Other non-food vendors $50.00 per booth.

FREE HOT DOGS, CHIPS, AND SODAS TO ALL

INVITED EMPLOYERS
Bakery Express (Bakery goods for convenience stores)
Americawest Contractors Inc. (Marbleware)
Fleener Enterprises (Webmastering PC Repair)
Raymond Corporation (Residential and commercial construction)
Primal Elements (Soaps and body care)
Mesa Bearing (Warehouse for bearings)

More information coming later on.

Richard Roehm

Last edited:
I'd be interested, but you don't even list the city it's in. The only American Legion Halls I can find at "555" anything are in Pacifica, not southern CA.

Nesmuth said:

Scheduled to take place in the American Legion Hall (555 beach Blvd) in Friday, April 8, 2005 10am - 3pm. Free admission.

Free booths for registered employers, trade schools, approved non-profit social service, and government agencies.

Vendors of home based or MLM business opportunities $25.00 per booth.

Other non-food vendors $50.00 per booth.

FREE HOT DOGS, CHIPS, AND SODAS TO ALL

INVITED EMPLOYERS
Bakery Express (Bakery goods for convenience stores)
Americawest Contractors Inc. (Marbleware)
Fleener Enterprises (Webmastering PC Repair)
Raymond Corporation (Residential and commercial construction)
Primal Elements (Soaps and body care)
Mesa Bearing (Warehouse for bearings)

More information coming later on.

Richard Roehm

BIG BLUNDER!!!! Wrong address and I dont see any more information as you claimed. This is weird place since someone gonna sell silly bean bag chairs and statues and rugs from Mexico.

American Legion Post 555
14582 Beach Blvd
MidWay City, CA

Dennis said:
I'd be interested, but you don't even list the city it's in. The only American Legion Halls I can find at "555" anything are in Pacifica, not southern CA.

Here
American Legion Post 555
14582 Beach Blvd
MidWay City, CA

That was cancelled because we had our job fair last November after the Tiller Days Festival I remember. 77 people showed up.

There's another one on May 5 that will have sign language interpreters. Go to that one at Hollywood Park.

Richard

Nesmuth said:
That was cancelled because we had our job fair last November after the Tiller Days Festival I remember. 77 people showed up.

There's another one on May 5 that will have sign language interpreters. Go to that one at Hollywood Park.

Richard

whar is the place on may 5? 77 people? that's small. What is tiller day?

See, you never explain enuff or down to the pont!

qwerty123 said:
See, you never explain enuff or down to the pont!

Yeah so you use your head to think and figure things out.

If you can figure out where Hollywood Park is at, you can go there and find yourself a job. But if you rather have someone else do the thinking and figuring out for you, then you have no chance at finding a job anywhere!

Richard

Emerica said:
Any jobs opening at your company???

FYI, all staff at Richard Roehm's agency are unpaid, so don't bother contacting him. He is full of empty air.

Emerica said:
Emerica, you can also see another proof...

Visit Richard's website www.deafadvocacy.com/news/index.htm

And then, click on EMPLOYMENT link.

What happened after you click it?

It goes straight back right here on AllDeaf's "Job Offers and Requests" folder! What a joke!

Unfortunately, you won't find any job openings at his company.

that ain't fair, why is it in California, and not in Mississippi? :crazy: California ain't even in the South.

Emerica said:

We are all volunteers. OCDAC intends to remain a volunteer agency.

qwerty123 said:
It goes straight back right here on AllDeaf's "Job Offers and Requests" folder! What a joke!

Alex has given us permission to do this until we locate a volunteer who will handle the job postings targeting the deaf communities.

If you wish to blow it out of context, youre more than welcome to do so and theres nothing we can do except profit from it.

Richard

We just got invited to be a part of the Diversity Job Fair at the OC-Fairgrounds this coming September and we will be providing interpreters.

PLUS

Today our Pet Expo booth was taped for NBC News. And I am on the screen signing about service animals and explained a few things about hearing dogs for the deaf. I been waiting for a few hours already for the broadcast.

Richard Roehm

I was there!

I was helping at our booth at the Pet Expo and they did film our booth.
He was explaining about service dogs and how they can help the deaf, deaf-blind, hearing blind,ect.
And they do have dogs to help people who have emontional problems, and they also have dogs for people who have seizeres.
He did a very good job!
Margie

Back