South Carolina House passes illegal immigration bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. .Is the problem the employing of illegal aliens, or the paying under the table and the government not getting the tax dollar?

There are native born Americans who figure getting paid $9.50 under the table is the same as getting paid $12.35 over the table with all the taxes taken out.

I can actually understand the government cracking down on "under the table" employees better than I can understand the "cracking down on illegal" immigrants. In today's economy everyone needs every dollar they can get -- Just for gas to get back and forth to work. The government is no exception.

But it would be nice if everyone were clear on exactly what the issue is.

So.. .Is the problem the employing of illegal aliens, or the paying under the table and the government not getting the tax dollar?

There are native born Americans who figure getting paid $9.50 under the table is the same as getting paid $12.35 over the table with all the taxes taken out.
I can actually understand the government cracking down on "under the table" employees better than I can understand the "cracking down on illegal" immigrants. In today's economy everyone needs every dollar they can get -- Just for gas to get back and forth to work. The government is no exception.

But it would be nice if everyone were clear on exactly what the issue is.

There's a lot of white folks in certain industries that figure the exact same thing.:cool2:

Finally found what I was looking for:
"...although staying uninvolved may work for the people we know, it will not work for a community. Hiding behind the external control of security systems, guards, and gated walls is not the American dream. The biggest problem of our society is our inability even to conceive of getting to know, much less ge a long with, many people who are repugnant to us. We see them as dangerous or potentially dangerous, and many of them are. Theya re the last people we would consider putting into our quality worlds.
But neither we nor the people we fear and try to avoid have any idea that we need each other. We and they have the same genes; our need for belonging, if not love, has no conditions. Whatever conditions we impose have to do with the psychology we use; there is no psychology in our genes. As long as external control psychology continues to be the psychology of our society, we have no way of dealing with these people except to punish them and hide from them."

William Glasser

I thought this was relevent to several threads we have seen recently. Took me awhile to locate it in my references, but here it is.

When Bertrand Russell told someone, "I'm agnostic" the reply was, "That is fine so long as we all believe in the same God and go to church on Sunday."

When Bertrand Russell told someone, "I'm agnostic" the reply was, "That is fine so long as we all believe in the same God and go to church on Sunday."

Yep. External control psychology.

Finally found what I was looking for:
"...although staying uninvolved may work for the people we know, it will not work for a community. Hiding behind the external control of security systems, guards, and gated walls is not the American dream. The biggest problem of our society is our inability even to conceive of getting to know, much less ge a long with, many people who are repugnant to us. We see them as dangerous or potentially dangerous, and many of them are. Theya re the last people we would consider putting into our quality worlds.
But neither we nor the people we fear and try to avoid have any idea that we need each other. We and they have the same genes; our need for belonging, if not love, has no conditions. Whatever conditions we impose have to do with the psychology we use; there is no psychology in our genes. As long as external control psychology continues to be the psychology of our society, we have no way of dealing with these people except to punish them and hide from them."

William Glasser

I thought this was relevent to several threads we have seen recently. Took me awhile to locate it in my references, but here it is.

Yep. External control psychology.

But wait.....Were you trying to locate this in your references......or did you see it in your reading? You are reading Choice Theory to find solutions for a difficult client? Right?

BTW I would consider Choice Theory kind of fluffy reading for a professional....I mean....even lowly ol me has read it.

http://www.alldeaf.com/1825004-post279.html

I have one person illegal because Canada implementation one person from moved Englansh from Saskatoon I heard it

sad news!

Ugh, the governor in my state signed the tougher anti-immigrant bill into law. :(
Alabama governor signs 'tough' immigration law – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

They said it is tougher than Arizona, not surprised at all.

Yea, just saw that.....

I feel bad for the numerous Mexicans here who are going to be constantly stopped...

I do hope that SOME aspect of this law (particularly the E-Verify) will alleviate some of the problem with illegal immigrants taking a lot of the blue collar jobs. I have a few friends who are painters and are having a hard time finding jobs that pay well enough since some jobs are done by illegal immigrants.

But.. overall... I don't think it will do jack squat.

Yea, just saw that.....

I feel bad for the numerous Mexicans here who are going to be constantly stopped...

I do hope that SOME aspect of this law (particularly the E-Verify) will alleviate some of the problem with illegal immigrants taking a lot of the blue collar jobs. I have a few friends who are painters and are having a hard time finding jobs that pay well enough since some jobs are done by illegal immigrants.

Yup, I support mandatory E-Verify and no problem with me, even high court support this case.

Rest of other part of this law, it isn't because I rather to let immigration officers to deal with immigrant issues because they are specialized and trained to intact with immigrants (ICE/INS for example), not regular law enforcement officers. It will be little more constitutional if state create their own state immigration officers that meet federal requirement and has equal level training as ICE does but I'm not sure about court ruling because it is federal responsibility to deal with immigrants, not state.

Yea, just saw that.....

Man, Alabama cops are going to have their hands full! They already have a full time job stopping anyone who doesn't fit the Good Ole Boy profile!:lol:

umm, half of the posters who supported the illegal immigrants and themselves white privileges themselves. Limo liberals a usual who don't practice what they preached....like ignoring the laws in Mexico where speaking and writing Spanish is the law...

umm, half of the posters who supported the illegal immigrants and themselves white privileges themselves. Limo liberals a usual who don't practice what they preached....like ignoring the laws in Mexico where speaking and writing Spanish is the law...

That doesn't apply to tourists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back