Sorenson's closing for good.

You do not own your VP-200. You own the right to use it and Sorenson retains the right to remove it from your home.
oh that's too bad.

Oh really? Removed based on what? Not using their service? God knows how many deaf people out there with VP-200...
that's ok. use P3

that's ok. use P3
Yeah maybe I should...Sorenson just got more disgusting the more I heard about them.

FYI Sorenson has banned me from their FB page because of something I said the last few months not to mention they are silencing and censoring public's voice and keep the positive comments on their page in the last few days...

You do not own your VP-200. You own the right to use it and Sorenson retains the right to remove it from your home.

If you have decided to switch to different vrs on vp200 other than sorenson vrs, you will loose sorenson's golden services such as call waiting, contacts, call signaller, etc.

The golden service is BS, I have golden service and still use other VRS provider. :roll:

If you have decided to switch to different vrs on vp200 other than sorenson vrs, you will loose sorenson's golden services such as call waiting, contacts, call signaller, etc.

See, they're manipulating you... all the more reasons not to use their services :)

i dont see svrs saying it's closing for good... it's just laying off employees.

Yep, that's why I said BS. :P

This is NOT "BS" its TRUE. As long as YOU have SORENSON phone number and you still have a "gold service" if you dont have SORENSON phone number and YOU will LOST your gold service which Sorenson will not come to FIX your VP or anything!

Yeah, I remember CSDVRS having their silver D-link VP. I don't know who came up with VP for the deaf idea...Sorenson or CSDVRS....sometimes companies brag for themselves.

Sorenson.

Take the silver dlink top cover off. Inside you will see a sorenson chipset. Dlink made vp100 and dvc1000. dvc1000 is on dlink servers, vp100 is on sorenson servers. hence the non equivalency issues not being able to call each other. when booting up dlink vp- watch in the bootup splash screen- you will see sorenson in the lower corner of the screen. It was sorenson OLD firmware and gave to dlink in exchange for building vps for them.

This is not inside info- its all can be observed by everyone.

If you have decided to switch to different vrs on vp200 other than Sorenson vrs, you will loose Sorenson's golden services such as call waiting, contacts, call signaller, etc.

The key word here is default provider.

You can have another VRS use your Sorenson VP without losing the features on Sorenson VP. you can call OUT using ANY VRS you want, but when leaving your Sorenson vp number, you will RECEIVE the call using Sorenson interpreter.

So now this being said and understood- think about this for a minute. Most deaf always call OUT to hearing so using any VRS is your freedom without losing services on your VP, so you are still "sticking it" to Sorenson. When you give your phone number to hearing person, which phone number are you giving them? The one with Sorenson "gold" services or another provider and to which VP has THAT number?

This is why purple has multiple VP ports to be able to receive calls as your default provider and not conflict with Sorenson.

The question now is, is this convenience? Yes and No. It all depends on how you look at it and how it fits YOUR needs.

This is NOT "BS" its TRUE. As long as YOU have SORENSON phone number and you still have a "gold service" if you dont have SORENSON phone number and YOU will LOST your gold service which Sorenson will not come to FIX your VP or anything!

Listen kid...go back to Sorensonmania land where the screaming fans are. :P

Listen kid...go back to Sorensonmania land where the screaming fans are. :P

Oh yeah, I am already :) people just need to grow up and stop bash on Sorenson. People should BASH on purple, viable and some who do fraud. It's sad to see this bash on everything.

Sorenson.

Take the silver dlink top cover off. Inside you will see a sorenson chipset. Dlink made vp100 and dvc1000. dvc1000 is on dlink servers, vp100 is on sorenson servers. hence the non equivalency issues not being able to call each other. when booting up dlink vp- watch in the bootup splash screen- you will see sorenson in the lower corner of the screen. It was sorenson OLD firmware and gave to dlink in exchange for building vps for them.

This is not inside info- its all can be observed by everyone.

Interesting!

Oh yeah, I am already :) people just need to grow up and stop bash on Sorenson. People should BASH on purple, viable and some who do fraud. It's sad to see this bash on everything.

I should say the same thing about Sorenson when in FACT you are defensing all this time on every VRS thread I read even when you are not looking at the bright side. Maybe I SHOULD BASH on Sorenson.

How lose Gold Service?

If you pull your VP200 phone number from Sorenson provide and will disabled the feature as motor word 'Gold Service'.

They will see your system before continue assist you due the videophone will tell them otherwise they will tell you contact customer service to get one or otherwise none.

It not 'BS'...

You still can keep Sorenson phone number and even I see all marketing from Purple vlog that have VP200 Sorenson of two number on right there and still using Purple VRS...

I found that lame... If they are true proud, they should remove it... and use as Purple VRS default...

All you can do call, 'I do not want your service' they will disabled that fast.

Yeah, I remember CSDVRS having their silver D-link VP. I don't know who came up with VP for the deaf idea...Sorenson or CSDVRS....sometimes companies brag for themselves.

Being interested in this technology I did some web research several years ago and this is what I remember as best I can. (You can do the research yourself today to see this)

In approximately the year 2002, Sorenson demo'ed a videophone prototype at one of the technical expos which later became the VP-100

Jon Hodson (In People magazine around the year 2003 I think) suggested to his wife's brother (Jim Sorenson) the idea of using Sorenson's prototype for VRS purposes for deaf/hard of hearing and the VP-100 came out of this partnership.

Sorenson Media, the company that developed Squeeze (which split from Sorenson Communications later) developed the VRS software for the VP-100 and DLink built the VP-100 hardware for Sorenson.

DLink liked the idea of a videophone for hearing people to use and Sorenson licensed this videophone product to DLink for DLink to sell as the i2Eye DVC-1000 videophone (The silver one that CSDVRS and others started buying and distributing to deaf users to use their VRS services)

Sorenson also developed and licensed the i2Eye software for DLink's DVC-1000 videophone for resale to the hearing public.

I haven't seen a VP-200 i2Eye version developed/licensed to DLink for resale to hearing people and this is probably because of what happened with other VRS companies buying/distributing the i2Eye DVC-1000 videophone to deaf users.

Being interested in this technology I did some web research several years ago and this is what I remember as best I can. (You can do the research yourself today to see this)

In approximately the year 2002, Sorenson demo'ed a videophone prototype at one of the technical expos which later became the VP-100

Jon Hodson (In People magazine around the year 2003 I think) suggested to his wife's brother (Jim Sorenson) the idea of using Sorenson's prototype for VRS purposes for deaf/hard of hearing and the VP-100 came out of this partnership.

Sorenson Media, the company that developed Squeeze (which split from Sorenson Communications later) developed the VRS software for the VP-100 and DLink built the VP-100 hardware for Sorenson.

DLink liked the idea of a videophone for hearing people to use and Sorenson licensed this videophone product to DLink for DLink to sell as the i2Eye DVC-1000 videophone (The silver one that CSDVRS and others started buying and distributing to deaf users to use their VRS services)

Sorenson also developed and licensed the i2Eye software for DLink's DVC-1000 videophone for resale to the hearing public.

I haven't seen a VP-200 i2Eye version developed/licensed to DLink for resale to hearing people and this is probably because of what happened with other VRS companies buying/distributing the i2Eye DVC-1000 videophone to deaf users.

pretty much correct except Sorenson had bids put out and Dlink won the bid providing they can sell the dvc1000.

Back