Sorenson's closing for good.

I wondered the same thing! Ummm :hmm:
hmm... you know all these inside information that's not available to public. you know this... how?

hmm... you know all these inside information that's not available to public. you know this... how?

What inside information? Sorenson stated that if Sorenson goes bankrupt to the 3.89 rate then it would impact the rest of VRS industry. Plus other people are saying 8 million minutes average, so I used that number but I have no idea how the others got this.

Additionally, it would make sense if sorenson shut down, other vrs providers have to absorb all these customers and try to service their needs right? As for the defraudment, FCC has the record of every complaint and actions with all vrs providers on their website.

All these information is available... I'm not sure what inside information there are. Can you clear that up for me?

Yeah, I remember CSDVRS having their silver D-link VP. I don't know who came up with VP for the deaf idea...Sorenson or CSDVRS....sometimes companies brag for themselves.

Jiro, many companies do not require to show all the inside information that is not available to public. If we pay taxes, and company use our taxes, then it's reasonable to see what they are spending. VRS is not using our taxes. FCC collect money from our electrionic communication billing. Then FCC split up the funding to some of the companies and for FCC itself. It's FCC decision that need to collect info from the company. Not us.

Now, how would you feel if you want to show everyone in public what you spend? How much did you earn? and how much did you spend on bills? What did you spend on medical bills? and such. It's pretty private right? I'm sure you will refuse to show everyone your "inside information". Same way with the company itself except if company did mismanage the funding because of our tax dollars we spend. We have a right to know what is going on.

I don't know if that what you mean?

Jiro, many companies do not require to show all the inside information that is not available to public. If we pay taxes, and company use our taxes, then it's reasonable to see what they are spending. VRS is not using our taxes. FCC collect money from our electrionic communication billing. Then FCC split up the funding to some of the companies and for FCC itself. It's FCC decision that need to collect info from the company. Not us.

Now, how would you feel if you want to show everyone in public what you spend? How much did you earn? and how much did you spend on bills? What did you spend on medical bills? and such. It's pretty private right? I'm sure you will refuse to show everyone your "inside information". Same way with the company itself except if company did mismanage the funding because of our tax dollars we spend. We have a right to know what is going on.

All that is public information. You can FOIA it.

What inside information? Sorenson stated that if Sorenson goes bankrupt to the 3.89 rate then it would impact the rest of VRS industry. Plus other people are saying 8 million minutes average, so I used that number but I have no idea how the others got this.

Additionally, it would make sense if sorenson shut down, other vrs providers have to absorb all these customers and try to service their needs right? As for the defraudment, FCC has the record of every complaint and actions with all vrs providers on their website.

All these information is available... I'm not sure what inside information there are. Can you clear that up for me?

You can start by telling us all how you "know" for a fact that Sorenson made the VP-100 from start to end.

Oh, and how Sorenson "caught their fraudulent actions"...

First of all - I earn my salary. I spend with my own salary. That is private. I am not under obligation to reveal it to public. But if I earn from taxpayers' money and spend with taxpayers' money.... that is public. The law requires public officials to reveal their financial information to public. That's why the President of United States reveals his income tax.

The corporation is not required to reveal its internal matter like memo, corporate secret, etc. but it is required to reveal its financial data.

First of all - I earn my salary. I spend with my own salary. That is private. I am not under obligation to reveal it to public. But if I earn from taxpayers' money and spend with taxpayers' money.... that is public. The law requires public officials to reveal their financial information to public. That's why the President of United States reveals his income tax.

The corporation is not required to reveal its internal matter like memo, corporate secret, etc. but it is required to reveal its financial data.

nicely said.

You can start by telling us all how you "know" for a fact that Sorenson made the VP-100 from start to end.

Oh, and how Sorenson "caught their fraudulent actions"...

Well, I'm pretty certain that CDVRS didn't make that because nobody says that to anyone. I mostly heard from everyone and Sorenson Trainers that the VP-100 was DLink product but Sorenson brought the model then started from there. I don't think I said that Sorenson made it but they owned that model or something.

As for the fraudulent actions, I read this somewhere on myvrs.org and maybe ed telecom alert. I cannot remember but I do also remember hearing others reciting it. As well, FCC posted records and if you know how to find it, it can be found. THey have millions of records. Let me see if I can find these information.

I'm just wondering how my logic of deducing how the tier rates impacts the company and plus DieHardBiker mentioned about meeting the hold time and etc if Sorenson was to shut down. So that made sense and I expanded on it and thought about how Sorenson could handle it.

That's all.

nicely said.

plus - private corporations are not under obligation to reveal its financial data but public corporations do.

That's why you see "Investors" or "Investor Relation" in every public corporation's website - as required by law.

Yes, I can understand that but the differences between Tax dollars and FCC collection from bills is that Taxes is base on how much we earn and how much we have to pay taxes whereas FCC only collect small percentage of how much "we" purchase the electronic stuff. You know what I mean? If you did not buy any electronic stuff.. No phone, no internet, no cable TV... no Palm Pre..<grin> nothing.. you don't have to pay any cents to FCC correct? But you will always have to pay taxes....because of your income or if you win a lottery, you have to pay taxes.

So, yes of course we are paying huge amount of taxes and hope the government use the money properly.. not like spending new $5000 public toilet seat each... we will be outrage on that. That is public info.. you know?

Yes, I can understand that but the differences between Tax dollars and FCC collection from bills is that Taxes is base on how much we earn and how much we have to pay taxes whereas FCC only collect small percentage of how much "we" purchase the electronic stuff. You know what I mean? If you did not buy any electronic stuff.. No phone, no internet, no cable TV... no Palm Pre..<grin> nothing.. you don't have to pay any cents to FCC correct? But you will always have to pay taxes....because of your income or if you win a lottery, you have to pay taxes.

So, yes of course we are paying huge amount of taxes and hope the government use the money properly.. not like spending new $5000 public toilet seat each... we will be outrage on that. That is public info.. you know?

right.... so your point is?

Well, I'm pretty certain that CDVRS didn't make that because nobody says that to anyone. I mostly heard from everyone and Sorenson Trainers that the VP-100 was DLink product but Sorenson brought the model then started from there. I don't think I said that Sorenson made it but they owned that model or something.

As for the fraudulent actions, I read this somewhere on myvrs.org and maybe ed telecom alert. I cannot remember but I do also remember hearing others reciting it. As well, FCC posted records and if you know how to find it, it can be found. THey have millions of records. Let me see if I can find these information.

I'm just wondering how my logic of deducing how the tier rates impacts the company and plus DieHardBiker mentioned about meeting the hold time and etc if Sorenson was to shut down. So that made sense and I expanded on it and thought about how Sorenson could handle it.

That's all.

My favorite part is where you make all these long-winded posts and make yourself out to know all of this information. Then tell us that you got your information from "hearing others reciting it." Priceless. ;)

My brother's friend's sister's roommate's verterinarian's wife met Batman too. I used pretty much the same logic.

You have to remember it not taxpayer money that pay for the relay services, it percentage collected billed to customers by thier phone companies which goes to the relay services so not every taxpayers own a phone or cell phone anyway.

I read some of his posts and he does make one good vaild point that i caught which is if Sorenson closes down then all the VP200 units are disabled and how could anyone make calls using other competitor VRS providers since I am pretty sure other competitor greatly depends on Deaf customer using VP200 to call to their own VRS

Unless Deaf customer already have purchase competor products to make VRS calls or download a free software and purchase a web cam or a laptop with a built in webcam to go with it.

And I cannot image any other smaller competitior able to snatch up all Sorenson customers replacing the VP200 unless they charge Deaf customer for products or find investors to pay for it.

Do convo have their own products? If Sorenson shut down and VP200 is disbaled, wouldn't Convo also lose lots of customers too? Same for an other competitors that depend on VP200 for their Deaf customers to use their service?

Do convo have their own products? If Sorenson shut down and VP200 is disbaled, wouldn't Convo also lose lots cusomter too? Same for an other competitors that depend on VP200 for their Deaf customers to use their service?

No.

Not all of their customers. Just many, if not, most of them. You can call Convo, or any other VRS provider, from any VP. Not just the VP-200.

Do convo have their own products? If Sorenson shut down and VP200 is disbaled, wouldn't Convo also lose lots of customers too? Same for an other competitors that depend on VP200 for their Deaf customers to use their service?

I don't think Sorenson can disable VP200 because customers own the device since it was given to them for free otherwise Sorenson would be sued if they did. What's wrong with using other service on VP other than Sorenson?

EDIT: Ninja'd by Excedio

I don't think Sorenson can disable VP200 because customers own the device since it was given to them for free otherwise Sorenson would be sued if they did. What's wrong with using other service on VP other than Sorenson?

You do not own your VP-200. You own the right to use it and Sorenson retains the right to remove it from your home.

Oh really? Removed based on what? Not using their service? God knows how many deaf people out there with VP-200...

right.... so your point is?

The point is that FCC have to reveal the information of what they see or what they collect or what FCC spend and such, not the private company. If FCC ask for more info to that private company, then we have a right to ask FCC of what they gather the info. Or if we pressure the FCC to force them to get info from the private companies.

Those kind of things..... Remember, how did we find out about Viable did fraudulant actions? FCC of course.... because FCC sent FBI to investigate. Right?

The only time if someone inside of that company did something wrong and one of the employee leaked the info to someone and the info hell break loose, then we have a right to get "inside info" to that company.

Back