Sorenson vs ZVRS

It is like someone asked somebody what time it was and then everybody explained how to build a clock! I don't care how the underlaid technology works! It is important that the product is well tested before releasing to the market and therefore Sorenson has been developing the nTouch vp from scratch for deaf people while ZVRS bought Z20 product off the shelf from Cisco.

To use an example that hopefully lights a bulb in your head, I'd rather watch HBO channel with reasonable video quality because of awesome movies, rather than watch a crappy channel full of terrible B-grade or even C-grade movies.

This is why I will not use Sorenson service, doesn't matter if they have great video quality, their terps are f'n terrible. I'm content with using anything that is non-Sorenson like SnapVRS, Convo, ZVRS, etc. Much better interpreter quality elsewhere.

This is my opinion.

This sound like it's coming from the router, that you have Stateful inspection firewall enabled. You may want to try disable it.

Actually, they configured the settings with my router which solved the problem. Thanks. They said that my router is one of the top line of products - D-Link DGL-4100 (Gigabit gaming router).

I'm going back to Sorenson. Their offer was too good to pass up. Besides I will still have Z4 on my Mac, or just use other service interpreters on the NVP. I do think ZVRS is a better VRS compabny, but I guess we're a little greedy for the goodies Sorenson is offering us.

I'm going back to Sorenson. Their offer was too good to pass up. Besides I will still have Z4 on my Mac, or just use other service interpreters on the NVP. I do think ZVRS is a better VRS compabny, but I guess we're a little greedy for the goodies Sorenson is offering us.

Oh good luck with your new remote. Just remind you not to confuse with two different TV remotes. Just kidding. :giggle: Actually, you will stuck with Sorenson's service for two years with its contract. I bet that the ZVRS does the same thing. Yikes.

Oh good luck with your new remote. Just remind you not to confuse with two different TV remotes. Just kidding. :giggle: Actually, you will stuck with Sorenson's service for two years with its contract. I bet that the ZVRS does the same thing. Yikes.

I thought we can call using whichever VRS service we want to. I'll just keep using ZVRS through the NVP (or use Z4 om PC), while my wife will stick with SVRS. It doesn't really matter which VP you have since we can use whatever service we want.

Ntouch vp vs ZVRS

I think ZVRS is better because they have update alot products. Now they are having z5 mobile coming soon. They give you the number ready to sign up. They give you 1 number all same time you don't have to run to living room or run in office you have mobile or whatever you put.
Ntouch vp: I have been waiting for a year. All is to wait for person to come to your house and update with new numbers and set up. It take too long. What is different for example like dish network tv or att or cable or etc. set the schedule to installer and ready for people to make happy. NTouch vp has alot of list to set up and people are waiting for them long time.
Any question? Ask me thanks!

I think ZVRS is better because they have update alot products. Now they are having z5 mobile coming soon. They give you the number ready to sign up. They give you 1 number all same time you don't have to run to living room or run in office you have mobile or whatever you put.
Ntouch vp: I have been waiting for a year. All is to wait for person to come to your house and update with new numbers and set up. It take too long. What is different for example like dish network tv or att or cable or etc. set the schedule to installer and ready for people to make happy. NTouch vp has alot of list to set up and people are waiting for them long time.
Any question? Ask me thanks!

When you talk about dish network or ATT or Cable, how many technician are there to provide the services compare to deaf technician to install or fix the VP? There are many cities that there are no deaf technician near by. Nothing like you see many Verizon in every corner of each town you know?
Secondly, Sorenson have very large number of customers through out the U.S. and it's very hard to fill every deaf technicians or installers in every state or town.
So, I was a former Sorenson installer, whereas I have to travel far and stay overnight just to work with one customer. It's nothing like Verizon or ATT or Dish network, you will find many many technicians around, this including hiring contractors (non-member of any affiliated corporations)...

So, How many customer does ZVRS have compare to Sorenson? You know?
Sorenson downsizing number of tech support and installers and interpretor due to FCC budget cut.

So, update on the porting of my phone number out to ZVRS.

That process started on Monday of this week. I didn't have the webcam I needed to get myself verified with ZVRS until Saturday, last week.

After going through the process, I have to say: This process was incredibly easy. They also even worked with me on shipping the Z-20 to my friend's house so my friend can forward it to my new address. (I don't quite know the address for my new home as of yet, as my family's coming to get me this Friday and has not told me the address as of yet.)

All in all, a very easy time in getting things done. Fast, simple and effective tech support through the entire process. They also made sure to indicate on my account that I didn't need a technician to be sent out to my house, as I can set the Z-20 up easily myself. :)

Also, nice bonus: They added a router to my order for absolutely free.

Back