Sorenson shut down SIPRelay on July 31

Exactly!

There is enough clear evidences right in front of your eyes. I gave you Ed Bossom Telcom alert, he is the father of VRS. He is now deeply concerned, because he is the true father of VRS. He has not say much lately which is unusual. Convo relay admit they are nervous about it

Three IP relay providers decided to pack and going out of business in just 60 days, that is serious big red flag. That is fact already.

After reading the June 10, 2013 ruling announcement from FCC, if you read you better have barf bag ready in case you going throw up.

The relay landscape is going though MAJOR overhaul and that is FACT. FCC will no longer allow these VRS provider doing advertisement, doing outreach program anymore. And no more multiple 10 digit local numbers. That is not limited to VRS, but all iTRS providers.
I understand the fact that multiple 10 digit local number may be too much but what if customer wants to have two providers, that option will be a thing in the past. You soon won't be able to have more than one provider. What if customer wants one provider at home, and different provider on their mobile, I don't think FCC will allow that anymore. Its right in the June 10, 2013 announcement.

E911 service will no longer be provided by these iTRS providers, FCC will appoint a new E911 iTRS provider of their own. For example, I am using Sorenson and when I need to make E911, it won't go though Sorenson, but other iTRS provider that responsible for all E911 calls. I think it is bad decision. I rather have all of VRS provider keep their own E911 to balance the call volume in event one area undergoing state of emergency. But if only one, they can get overloaded and is not cost effective in long run.

There won't be any new Videophone developing and designed specifically for Deaf and HOH. SmartVP, NtouchVP, Z20, etc will be very likely to be the last VP we all will see and know unless we rock the boat and slap FCC chairperson's ass. FCC wants it made off from shelves that everybody else have and can buy.

Jiro, please do me a favor, give your time read that June 10, 2013 ruling announcement from FCC.

I too am very concerned about this issue but your posts do not convince me. It only causes me to get more confused and skeptical. so what's next?

exactly what?

There is enough clear evidences right in front of your eyes. I gave you Ed Bossom Telcom alert, he is the father of VRS. He is now deeply concerned, because he is the true father of VRS. He has not say much lately which is unusual. Convo relay admit they are nervous about it
Do not steal credit from Ed Bossom. He knows how to explain it clearly. You should learn it from him. Your message is not even close to what Ed said. Your posts are just full of conspiracy theories and allegations.

Three IP relay providers decided to pack and going out of business in just 60 days, that is serious big red flag. That is fact already.

After reading the June 10, 2013 ruling announcement from FCC, if you read you better have barf bag ready in case you going throw up.

The relay landscape is going though MAJOR overhaul and that is FACT. FCC will no longer allow these VRS provider doing advertisement, doing outreach program anymore. And no more multiple 10 digit local numbers.
I understand the fact that multiple 10 digit local number may be too much but what if customer wants to have two providers, that option will be a thing in the past. You soon won't be able to have more than one provider.

E911 service will no longer be provided by these VRS providers, FCC will appoint a E911 VRS provider of their own. For example, I am using Sorenson and when I need to make E911, it won't go though Sorenson, but other VRS provider that responsible for all E911 calls. I think it is bad decision. I rather have all of VRS provider keep their own E911 to balance the call volume in event one area undergoing state of emergency. But if only one, they can get overloaded and is not cost effective in long run.

There won't be any new Videophone developing and designed specifically for Deaf and HOH. SmartVP, NtouchVP, Z20, etc will be very likely to be the last VP we all will see and know unless we rock the boat and slap FCC chairperson's ass. FCC wants it made off from shelves that everybody else have and can buy.
oic.

Jiro, please do me a favor, give your time read that June 10, 2013 ruling announcement from FCC.
got a link?

The link was posted here on AD almost a month ago. I can't find it, will keep looking and give to you.

exactly what?

Do not steal credit from Ed Bossom. He knows how to explain it clearly. You should learn it from him. Your message is not even close to what Ed said. Your posts are just full of conspiracy theories and allegations.

oic.

got a link?

Lol, children, I know Ed and it is not Bossom since you require perfect spelling.:roll:

I dunno but let the father of VRS enjoy his retirement, eh? And to carry this pettiness a bit further, it is Hlibok, lol......

I dunno but let the father of VRS enjoy his retirement, eh? And to carry this pettiness a bit further, it is Hlibok, lol......

how the heck would one pronounces Hlibok? lol

I wasn't stealing his credits, like I mentioned there was over 50 relay service providers, now there were not many anymore. That's exact what Ed B. mentioned too, and the Person from Convo sitting next to him mentioned that they can afford as low as $5.50 a minute. That was LONG before recent FCC announcement of another cuts which will break over 4 years period (Total of 4 cuts). He was deeply concerned just like I am.

got a link?

Actually...

Congress has full control over the FCC. Congress makes the bills, the President signs those bills into law. Then the FCC adapts to the new laws as best as they can.

The FCC answers to Congress and the President. To say otherwise is folly.

The FCC has nearly the same full powers as Congress does, but they are not Congress.

Of course!

Congress never approved accommodation equipment to be provided for free for telecom use, that is why FCC sees as opportunity to use it as excuse to cut the cost by refusing reimbursing VP equipment and encourages them go software only. That is where I see the problem coming up. The problem is that Congress passed that bill and never thought of VRS and the need of equipment. They know about TTY equipment, but never make government pay for TTY equipment for Deaf, thus Deaf have to buy their own TTY equipment. Oh well.

Actually...

Congress has full control over the FCC. Congress makes the bills, the President signs those bills into law. Then the FCC adapts to the new laws as best as they can.

The FCC has nearly the same full powers as Congress does, but they are not Congress.

Actually...

right but that's not what we were referring to. This thread is about VRS companies. Congress has nothing to do with it. This entire subject is up to FCC as FCC has full authority over it... not Congress. Congress cannot order FCC what to do in this matter. All Congress can do is pass the law and/or attempt to exert influence.

I was referring specifically to this one -
Its called, ahem "Political". That Deaf guy up in the upper management at FCC does not have full power, only tweety tiny power. He is obligated to follow the law set by congress so his hands are tied.

I asked DHB specifically what law. Mr. Hilbok reports to FCC Chairman.... not Congress.

The answer is simple, Mr. Hlibok does not have the power to make changes, he can only make recommendation, then chairperson checks the recommendation whether it is "Constitutionally" by congress.

For example, Mr. Hlibok suggested chairperson that FCC should cover the cost of equipment used with VRS. Chairperson would look up in the bill that was passed by congress and signed by president, if there is nothing in there then chairperson would say Nay. Of course, it is political and who has the final saying? Its congress after all.

Other way of saying, Mr. Hlibok suggested chairperson to make exception for parents or relative to get 10 digit local number for VP so that they can call their Deaf children/relatives as point to point, chairperson would check the bill passed the bill and signed by Mr. President, and that bill already specifically ONLY Deaf or HOH, can FCC over ride that bill? Get the drift?

I have heard complaining from Hearing parents wanting to get VP so that they can communicate with their Deaf children or relatives without using VRS, Congress not allow that so FCC is stuck with it. In the end FCC really don't have full power, except to power to regulate whats written in the law book made by congress.

I asked DHB specifically what law. Mr. Hilbok reports to FCC Chairman.... not Congress.

BTW, this thread is not just about VRS, its about Sorenson packing up and gone out of business from IP relay service but retain VRS service.

All along, Im speaking for whole iTRS. Not just VRS, but including IP relay, TTY relay, Captioncall, and so forth.

Back