Sorenson problem

Are you so sure? It appears that you have not followed the troubleshooting steps.

I wont be surprised if ur using Comcast.

Why I have doubts with you... is that I do have Ntouch, and my wife is not having any issues with that for a long time. So ur claim is likely exaggerated.

Doubt me fine, but there is a problem. Yes, I have Comcast. One friend has Cox, and the other has a different ISP.

Oh, I knew it, Comcast has been number one notoriously causing vp problems. Yes, Comcast is the worst offender on those heavy users, and yes vp users are considered as heavy users by Comcast. Nothing new really.

My suggestion is only way to prove yourself that it isnt likely Sorenson the problem by bringing ur vp to your friends house or your parents house and I can almost guarantee it will work just fine.

Doubt me fine, but there is a problem. Yes, I have Comcast. One friend has Cox, and the other has a different ISP.

many irrelevant posts here. Each problem is different - you all seem to be grouping all the different problems together. First off this thread is about trying to call peer to peer or vp direct to vp numbers but instead getting vrs terps when its supposed to be a direct vp call to another deafie.

has nothing to do with last text relay left standing, nothing to do with one person not getting calls anymore, nothing to do with VRS companies, nothing to do with comcast, timewarner etc.

It all has to do with the direction of the call going to where and that is handled by DNS!!!! the internet providers do not own dns. neither does VRS companies. You dont either. But yet - your home router uses, dns ip addresses, your modem does, your ISP does, VRS does, the ip to 10 digit number s does, your computers does, your vp's does, your smartphone data does. List goes on and on and on.

If you stop and step back for a minute, Thats an awful alot of devices depending on DNS for direction where to send the data/requests. VP's depends on DNS's for direction of calls and thats not a easy "job".

Yes, like I have mentioned its DNS issues, ISP either owns or rented DNS server, thats why I pointed at ISP. DNS table can become corrupted all due to DHCP, impossible to have static when there is ongoing changes. This is is precisely why I advised test vp at friends or parents house, just because the DNS over there have not registered with his VP making troubleshoot much easier.

The rest is prerty much joke cause OP kept believe its sorenson the only problem where he dont realize there are many layers of connections exist though several different companies making connections. With so many connections, DNS can get corrupted easily.

many irrelevant posts here. Each problem is different - you all seem to be grouping all the different problems together. First off this thread is about trying to call peer to peer or vp direct to vp numbers but instead getting vrs terps when its supposed to be a direct vp call to another deafie.

has nothing to do with last text relay left standing, nothing to do with one person not getting calls anymore, nothing to do with VRS companies, nothing to do with comcast, timewarner etc.

It all has to do with the direction of the call going to where and that is handled by DNS!!!! the internet providers do not own dns. neither does VRS companies. You dont either. But yet - your home router uses, dns ip addresses, your modem does, your ISP does, VRS does, the ip to 10 digit number s does, your computers does, your vp's does, your smartphone data does. List goes on and on and on.

If you stop and step back for a minute, Thats an awful alot of devices depending on DNS for direction where to send the data/requests. VP's depends on DNS's for direction of calls and thats not a easy "job".

Yes, like I have mentioned its DNS issues, ISP either owns or rented DNS server, thats why I pointed at ISP. DNS table can become corrupted all due to DHCP, impossible to have static when there is ongoing changes. This is is precisely why I advised test vp at friends or parents house, just because the DNS over there have not registered with his VP making troubleshoot much easier.

The rest is prerty much joke cause OP kept believe its sorenson the only problem where he dont realize there are many layers of connections exist though several different companies making connections. With so many connections, DNS can get corrupted easily.

That's where you're wrong. I understand you perfectly. What I'm sating is it's not just me. It's not just comcast. It's not even just my town. If it were just me, I would assume you right, but you're not understanding that it's multiple people, in multiple cities, with multiple ISPs. I have noticed this problem for a while now. Why are you ignoring that factor? Because it doesn't happen to you? That's what you said earlier, but that does not help me solve the problem.

I did email tech support and their first advice did not solve the problem. They want me to call, which I will do tomorrow. I just hoped someone knew, but I guess not.

Im not ignoring the factor, it is you that is igoring on understand how the system run. Im trying to come up with an idea how to show how they work. Basically when you try make a call, you technically are making several connections at several locations all over, somewhere in the chains of hundred, maybe thousands of servers just to make a single call, and it involves not just one, not even two, not even three, but more than hundreds of connections. This is what DNS is for, making direction, refer, documented the reference for future references, and so on.

The only way to find out is bring your vp over other place to see if it works, then you will know whats the problem. Also, you failed to understand what I have been seeing for almost 6 years as technical support, completely different department from these guys who comes to Deafies house as installer. I personally never go over Deafies as an installer, all done though phone, just like what your planning to call tomorrow. Give you an idea, on average I deal and assisted 50 customers each day, do the math on how many I have assisted in 6 years... ofc a lot!

That's where you're wrong. I understand you perfectly. What I'm sating is it's not just me. It's not just comcast. It's not even just my town. If it were just me, I would assume you right, but you're not understanding that it's multiple people, in multiple cities, with multiple ISPs. I have noticed this problem for a while now. Why are you ignoring that factor? Because it doesn't happen to you? That's what you said earlier, but that does not help me solve the problem.

I did email tech support and their first advice did not solve the problem. They want me to call, which I will do tomorrow. I just hoped someone knew, but I guess not.

You have no need to explain how it works. I already got that.

If what you were saying were so why is it happening to other people on different ISPs?

Secondly, this is a new problem. It didn't happen while you were working for Sorenson. Maybe this is something you don't know about. I'll let Sorenson tech support tell me when I call them.

Is this site have anything to do with Sorenson?

If its really sorenson, we will be seeing company wide problems, which we havent seen yet.

Trust me, when you test using somebody else internet connetion, I bet u 99% that it will work and get your head stratched. I have seen this too numerous times to the point I talked with sr. Manager, and I got the answer, sadly majority of the times nothing to do with sorenson.

You have no need to explain how it works. I already got that.

If what you were saying were so why is it happening to other people on different ISPs?

Secondly, this is a new problem. It didn't happen while you were working for Sorenson. Maybe this is something you don't know about. I'll let Sorenson tech support tell me when I call them.

Dkf, you have to understand that diehard thinks he's right about everything even when he's not. What you've been saying makes total sense. I had similar issues to yours, too.

I have quite a few friends, and myself, that are having problems with calling deaf to deaf with the ntouch vp. Whenever someone calls, it goes to an interpreter. Is anyone else having this problem? Sorenson tech support told me to set it to dhcp instead of the usual static IP. That has not made any difference. Any solutions, or is this just a sorenson problem?

I don't think it a Sorenson side of the issue, sound like what your describing is your friend 10-digit number is not fully registered into the Neustar database.

I think your friend would be the one need to call support not you because if you call your friend and it goes to an interpreter then it most likely mean that when you place a call it couldn't find your friend listing in the Neustar so system think it a hearing person number and connects it to interpreter instead .

I am sure Sorenson tech will be more than happy to explain it to you, I seen this issue before and it require re-registering the 10 digit number back into the system but your friend is one need to call to get it re-register if other Deaf friends could call to you from their VP then your VP is fine and you are registered into the system.

Happy Holiday and Happy New Year ......

Yes, have seen cases like you just described, often user is quick to blame on vrs providers and forgot it takes two endpoints to work together, and whatever on between as well. If his friend vp nbr gets purged from not using vp for more than 6 months, or they have ported their nbr, and neustar have not register yet, bam vrs relay operator popped up.

I don't think it a Sorenson side of the issue, sound like what your describing is your friend 10-digit number is not fully registered into the Neustar database.

I think your friend would be the one need to call support not you because if you call your friend and it goes to an interpreter then it most likely mean that when you place a call it couldn't find your friend listing in the Neustar so system think it a hearing person number and connects it to interpreter instead .

I am sure Sorenson tech will be more than happy to explain it to you, I seen this issue before and it require re-registering the 10 digit number back into the system but your friend is one need to call to get it re-register if other Deaf friends could call to you from their VP then your VP is fine and you are registered into the system.

Happy Holiday and Happy New Year ......

fine I'll just say it. recall how I was calling you as Captain Obvious? yea you're doing it again...

you have an annoying tendency to "teach" us in a great depth that we don't really care for. 6 years as technical support and dealing with customers? one would think you'd already have developed a refined people skill to communicate and connect with people.

I see nothing in here that you have provided any useful help for dkf747. he's obviously not interested in 101 lecture about ISP and DNS. it's irrelevant and unimportant. he's simply asking for any troubleshooting tip to fix his issue. if you have any, tell him. if not.... well STFU :lol:

I agree with jiro. I know I probably was as annoying too. Sorry. I was merely trying to explain it from my point of view too . I do agree with the register part, but I can tell you it happens too many times, even after a few years of either getting vp for first time or porting. Sadly I don't have an answer other then attempting to mess around DNS settings in router yourself and rereg your vp.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Just out of curiousity..... does anyone else have this problem with other ntouch services? Such as ntouch PC or ntouch mobile? Or it is just limited to the ntouch VP only?

I did re-boot my modem and router last night, and later on got a call. Knock on wood maybe that's it? I called my friend and still get an interpreter. I'm going to go ahead and call tech support anyways and see what happens.

If I were u, I would contact my friend first to see if the nbr your using is correct nbr, high chances are its not correct nbr. Its very common, more than u realize.

I did re-boot my modem and router last night, and later on got a call. Knock on wood maybe that's it? I called my friend and still get an interpreter. I'm going to go ahead and call tech support anyways and see what happens.

My friend has ZVRS and when I upgrade from VP200 to NT, there were problem. So he switched to Sorenson and it was better. Apparently NTC doesn't work with ZVRS due to interoperative. I had COMCAST and moving to FIOS was better. Dunno about Comcast's XFINITY.

I talked with tech support. They said they will investigate it. I called my friend a little later and still got the interpreter, but 10 minutes ago it worked fine! They must have done something. I did give them my friend's number. I do not know what they did, but so far, so good.

Back