Sorenson Ntouch

I believe the phone number and database to link real phone numbers to video phones is paid and provided by FCC.

Remember we demand equal accessablity like hearing people with real phone numbers so FCC approved and set up database to store all local numbers that calls would be able to connect to hearing or deaf

Therefore phone numbers and database is maintained by FCC not by VRS providers. It would make senses that FCC is covering the cost.

VRS provider have been using fake proxy numbers until the change over to real phone numbers.

And if FCC is covering the cost for phone numbers database therefore hearing people are taking advantage of it.

you mean Neustar the centralized database of vp numbers

So get the picture about how hearing people scamming FCC. So you want hearing people to take advantage of that? You giving your Free VRS to hearing people? It's like hearing people taking away our privilege...our freedom of equal right in communication?

Sorenson Communications announced new software and mobile solutions for Deaf and Hard of Hearing. We attended the press conference in Rochester, NY. Visit Sorenson Communications’ website on Sorenson VRS® for more information on ntouch PC & Mobile.

See Deaf Nation vlog.
New Products: ntouch PC & Mobile by Sorenson

Sorenson still be working to make the software for Mac. No word for iPhone/iPod Touch???

Actually, I was there at the event. There is NO plan for Mac support. But HIGHLY possibily for iPhone this summer. Trust me on this. I was there.

So get the picture about how hearing people scamming FCC. So you want hearing people to take advantage of that? You giving your Free VRS to hearing people? It's like hearing people taking away our privilege...our freedom of equal right in communication?

good post
-- add note

I want to add that one part. It made no different since there are another advantage is FaceTime, hearing people can use that. Even the Yahoo or Skype can use the smartphone with front camera. I think that will less target from Hearing but again they want what we have. Again, we want what the hearing people have. So it will silly to abuse beside FCC is matter serious abuse.

Last edited:
I think answer machine become likely not need because each time I made answer machine video. No one is leaving message and just keep hang up with missed call. I asked several people why? They say... well.. you have pager or text message which good enough for me get your attention instant instead have you read my message on video.

which they made point...

good post
-- add note

I want to add that one part. It made no different since there are another advantage is FaceTime, hearing people can use that. Even the Yahoo or Skype can use the smartphone with front camera. I think that will less target from Hearing but again they want what we have. Again, we want what the hearing people have. So it will silly to abuse beside FCC is matter serious abuse.

Using Facetime, Yahoo, Skype is very small factor to it. The biggest important tools is for us to allow to call other hearing people in business.. insurance, bank, car services, Dr, School, jobs, and etc.. which are far more important than just using FaceTime, yahoo and such. FaceTime and skype are just only through your friends and family. So, abusing to FCC may effect to all of us because they can take advantage using the phone numbers, leaving message and so on...

I think answer machine become likely not need because each time I made answer machine video. No one is leaving message and just keep hang up with missed call. I asked several people why? They say... well.. you have pager or text message which good enough for me get your attention instant instead have you read my message on video.

which they made point...

Really that is normal, people sometime left a message or not because they know that phone message is a fix location. They don't want to wait this long until that person get back in the office. So they tend to get immediate attention by what? Text.... it's very common. So, think about it today..answering maching is becoming more mobility.

which they made point...

Really that is normal, people sometime left a message or not because they know that phone message is a fix location. They don't want to wait this long until that person get back in the office. So they tend to get immediate attention by what? Text.... it's very common. So, think about it today..answering maching is becoming more mobility. You know..cell phone answering machine.

As long phone company pay to lease the phone number to customers. Then fine with FCC.

Did you guys realize that SorensonVRS required to come over to your place to verify you are deaf customer and install to your EVO or on your laptop. You cannot instant download and use. Therefore you need to schedule with SorensonVRS installer. Thats nuts!

That is to prevent hearing people from downloading it and installing it. I know plenty of hearing people with Z4 and P3. Sorenson wants to prevent that from happening.

Did you guys realize that SorensonVRS required to come over to your place to verify you are deaf customer and install to your EVO or on your laptop. You cannot instant download and use. Therefore you need to schedule with SorensonVRS installer. Thats nuts!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iytTaYajiVk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - HTC EVO 4G[/ame]

True, they refuse to send new phone number for Evo till trainer will come to install it. I don't like that. Waste time to do that.

I was going to register for the nTouch PC just to test but discovered that it requires an installer to come over and install it in person. Just a software which almost anybody could do it by themselves for the sake, I wondered.

But after reading comments here so it might explain the reasons away. So I wonder as if it might draw a setback for some applicants-to-be who do not want any crap with all that since P3 and z4 are both available for anyone to be registered and downloaded almost right away though I'm not so sure about the process right now... maybe changed due to the FCC reason?!

Say if hearing people without ASL skills download P3 and/or z4 yet those people cannot use VRS that way anyway... but there are some hearing whoever knows sign language yet it falls into smaller numbers, know me meant. Though it does eat up their servers thus FCC costs with the "illegal" hearing users abusing it.

Even say if any hearing people with ASL skills can fool any installer acting like deaf so how can it be prevented though? :hmm:

Probably, someday FCC requires Deaf/HoH ID in order to prevent the 'illegal' hearies in the near future which it can be more effectively?! Boy, hope it won't happen - too much big brothers!

A while back I was to log in with z4 but the login was failed so I then recalled that they requested me to set up a new password but never bothered to do it simply because I use P3, anyway. Does it have to do with the FCC thing, anybody?

So I'm not too sure yet as if I do not mind to bother asking for the nTouch PC because of this that crap requirement. Like few others here said that it wastes time (silly). Ah, if anyone wanna it, then have to gimme something for it. crazy :roll: lol

That is to prevent hearing people from downloading it and installing it. I know plenty of hearing people with Z4 and P3. Sorenson wants to prevent that from happening.

Sorenson installer will install it on laptop and train to deaf customers. Next day, they will give it to hearing persons who know sign. Sorenson never know that. Almost hearing person who know sign and hate deaf interpreters. they use Skype or ooVoo video callings.

Did you know you don't have to wait for an installer to come and install? You can download directly from Sorenson.

Back