Sorenson Ntouch

I have a download link for the PC. But you can download ntouch Mobile from the Android market on your Evo.

ntouch

But customers still be waiting to require new phone numbers when they already applied.

Why can't use webcam to sign around each to proof customer is Deaf than drive over customer's house? Stupid.

You agree with you. Waste money for installers' pay and travel expenses to work with too many customers for nTouch PC and Evo.

So your againist Sorenson give Deaf people work and jobs?

Realize that any installer could still vp any customer and install/instruct yet he/she can still earn money for it instead of driving over to do it in person.

That would be a remote installer job. Save gas bills, auto miles, time, and more convenient (to schedule).

Since it's a software therefore almost anybody could do it themselves - easy so it's really silly for installers to drive over cutomers' homes to install and instruct (blah-blah) while wasting gas, miles, and times. Of course, that is if customers have VPs to do that yet many people already have them.

For an exception like some people who don't have VPs and/or don't know much about the PCs and Mobiles (how-to), then need installers go over to do it for those people, otherwise.

It's just why we some find it pure silly for any installer to come over just to install the software since many customers-to-be do already have VPs to do that instead AND they could still identify as if the customer is deaf or not.

Realize that any installer could still vp any customer and install/instruct yet he/she can still earn money for it instead of driving over to do it in person.

That would be a remote installer job. Save gas bills, auto miles, time, and more convenient (to schedule).

Since it's a software therefore almost anybody could do it themselves - easy so it's really silly for installers to drive over cutomers' homes to install and instruct (blah-blah) while wasting gas, miles, and times. Of course, that is if customers have VPs to do that yet many people already have them.

For an exception like some people who don't have VPs and/or don't know much about the PCs and Mobiles (how-to), then need installers go over to do it for those people, otherwise.

It's just why we some find it pure silly for any installer to come over just to install the software since many customers-to-be do already have VPs to do that instead AND they could still identify as if the customer is deaf or not.

It could be silly or maybe waste of money or eating up company profits.

But still company choose to spend back into Deaf commuities by providing Deaf people work and jobs even if it seem silly.

Good point. Sorenson support or trainer can use utility that enables you to share you desktop screen with a remote computer that fix software on PC. Save gas and mileage.

With my personal experience working with Sorenson, you have to be aware that we have very large disparity of deaf intelligents, I'm talking about from low function deaf people to very professional literate deaf people. Even with people like us are very experences in computer. Now you may not aware about what's going on in this vlogs..many of you don't bothered to read all the nTouch FAQ, and the vloggers keep saying thing that "can't do" but it said in the FAQ that you can. Some of you don't bothered to read all the FAQ? The answers are all there. Same thing with many deaf people don't even bothered to read the manual, they just simply doing trial and error, but there are more to it, like trick to get around something, manipulation of contact list and so on. Many deaf didn't know about that. I been to many clients house that I find lot of thing doesn't seem going right... like for example I find 3 routers, why the world they need 3??? So, I helped them to clean it up and their internet speed improved, less wires, less power adapters and so on. There are few times that I find they have virus on there laptop which they didn't know about.. they knew there something is wrong but thought maybe it's the internet speed, repsonse time are soo slow and such. Many of the clients didn't know about they got infected with virus. Some say..they don't want to keep paying an annual fee for virus protections, So, trainer go beyond that to help that person to give advise that there are other free virus programs which have good protections. Client didn't know about that. There are many reason for trainers/installer to go there.

Now for the people who complained about "why installer/trainer have to come over, it's a waste of time" are computer literate. LOL.

Now, Sorenson have to follow the rules with FCC to be sure it's for deaf/HOH people only. Now, if the phone number runs out.. who to blame? Maybe ZVRS, Purple? They give away free software regarless if they are deaf or hearing, or if FCC are fed up of what they are seeing, FCC may change the reburstment rate or penalize VRS industries, who to blame? Maybe ZVRS, or Purple?? We can see the differences, Sorenson are strict about it whereas ZVRS or Purple are too loose with rules. We don't know what going to happen down the road but something bound to happen.

The whole point is, look at what Chevy57 said, "Sorenson installer will install it on laptop and train to deaf customers. Next day, they will give it to hearing persons who know sign.", so that means hearing people now have greater flexibility of using mobile comunication where we, the deaf people, have been struggle to have equal right in accessability in comunications. Now, the hearing people have greater power to have all the tools they want?? And they get it free?? Just like what I said in previous post, hearing people do abuse FCC. We have problem in the past where VRS cheated with FCC and the FCC shut down VRS companies. Now we have new problem, hearing people getting all the tools to comunicate with deaf people. Oh..how nice!! hearing people get all the empowerment to have what they want, just because they don't want to talk through VRS. And we still struggle, fighting for getting CC on the internet, fighting for equal right in job and all other accessibility problems. And for hearing people do't like to talk through VRS?? Tough shit!!

So, why you all complaining about?? Just focus on exciting technology that we, the DEAF people, are getting more freedom in communication, so much easier today than in the past. I have been through many time, every single days that I'm unable to call back to hearing people while I'm out on meeting or other site. I have to wait till I get back in my office to call them. Or there are time when I'm running late for meeting or Dr appt, I have no place to call them right away. I hate SIPrelay on AIM, (I have to typed a long message to give instructions relay NOT to say anything to hearing people, because of so many hang up calls...this take about 30 to 45 seconds and stupid limit buffer of how much I can typed in the box). Now we have empowerment of using the mobile phone to call VRS and take me 3 seconds to give instructions to VRS terp.

I can go on to talk about it... in term of FCC policy, hearing accessibility to deaf people... and what's going on with VRS industries....

Just my 2 cents opinions

With my personal experience working with Sorenson, you have to be aware that we have very large disparity of deaf intelligents, I'm talking about from low function deaf people to very professional literate deaf people. Even with people like us are very experences in computer. Now you may not aware about what's going on in this vlogs..many of you don't bothered to read all the nTouch FAQ, and the vloggers keep saying thing that "can't do" but it said in the FAQ that you can. Some of you don't bothered to read all the FAQ? The answers are all there. Same thing with many deaf people don't even bothered to read the manual, they just simply doing trial and error, but there are more to it, like trick to get around something, manipulation of contact list and so on. Many deaf didn't know about that. I been to many clients house that I find lot of thing doesn't seem going right... like for example I find 3 routers, why the world they need 3??? So, I helped them to clean it up and their internet speed improved, less wires, less power adapters and so on. There are few times that I find they have virus on there laptop which they didn't know about.. they knew there something is wrong but thought maybe it's the internet speed, repsonse time are soo slow and such. Many of the clients didn't know about they got infected with virus. Some say..they don't want to keep paying an annual fee for virus protections, So, trainer go beyond that to help that person to give advise that there are other free virus programs which have good protections. Client didn't know about that. There are many reason for trainers/installer to go there.

Now for the people who complained about "why installer/trainer have to come over, it's a waste of time" are computer literate. LOL.

Now, Sorenson have to follow the rules with FCC to be sure it's for deaf/HOH people only. Now, if the phone number runs out.. who to blame? Maybe ZVRS, Purple? They give away free software regarless if they are deaf or hearing, or if FCC are fed up of what they are seeing, FCC may change the reburstment rate or penalize VRS industries, who to blame? Maybe ZVRS, or Purple?? We can see the differences, Sorenson are strict about it whereas ZVRS or Purple are too loose with rules. We don't know what going to happen down the road but something bound to happen.

The whole point is, look at what Chevy57 said, "Sorenson installer will install it on laptop and train to deaf customers. Next day, they will give it to hearing persons who know sign.", so that means hearing people now have greater flexibility of using mobile comunication where we, the deaf people, have been struggle to have equal right in accessability in comunications. Now, the hearing people have greater power to have all the tools they want?? And they get it free?? Just like what I said in previous post, hearing people do abuse FCC. We have problem in the past where VRS cheated with FCC and the FCC shut down VRS companies. Now we have new problem, hearing people getting all the tools to comunicate with deaf people. Oh..how nice!! hearing people get all the empowerment to have what they want, just because they don't want to talk through VRS. And we still struggle, fighting for getting CC on the internet, fighting for equal right in job and all other accessibility problems. And for hearing people do't like to talk through VRS?? Tough shit!!

So, why you all complaining about?? Just focus on exciting technology that we, the DEAF people, are getting more freedom in communication, so much easier today than in the past. I have been through many time, every single days that I'm unable to call back to hearing people while I'm out on meeting or other site. I have to wait till I get back in my office to call them. Or there are time when I'm running late for meeting or Dr appt, I have no place to call them right away. I hate SIPrelay on AIM, (I have to typed a long message to give instructions relay NOT to say anything to hearing people, because of so many hang up calls...this take about 30 to 45 seconds and stupid limit buffer of how much I can typed in the box). Now we have empowerment of using the mobile phone to call VRS and take me 3 seconds to give instructions to VRS terp.

I can go on to talk about it... in term of FCC policy, hearing accessibility to deaf people... and what's going on with VRS industries....

Just my 2 cents opinions

Funny thing, My old manger said you are not supposed to touch or repair to customer's computer and use your own laptop, just force on networking and VP200. Yes, It's stupid idea what's IF some customers use static IP from their computers to modem then add router to enable VP200 and customers computer don't work anymore. So I had to changed from Static IP to DHCP on their computer. Only way to make customer to be suggest with VP and computers are work on the internet. Not EVERYONE have more than two routers at their place. I said 25% of them and 75% is pointless to visit which their networking was correct.

For Virus, You can find virus/spyware/etc thru remote desktop. No excuse. Other hand, I don't think FCC will happy that it paid your gas for over to customer give advise that there are other free virus program.

A lot of my friends complained about waiting for their SVRS trainer for few months after their VP down. Sorenson should use remote desktop right away than waiting for make an appt.

Funny thing, My old manger said you are not supposed to touch or repair to customer's computer and use your own laptop, just force on networking and VP200. Yes, It's stupid idea what's IF some customers use static IP from their computers to modem then add router to enable VP200 and customers computer don't work anymore. So I had to changed from Static IP to DHCP on their computer. Only way to make customer to be suggest with VP and computers are work on the internet. Not EVERYONE have more than two routers at their place. I said 25% of them and 75% is pointless to visit which their networking was correct.

For Virus, You can find virus/spyware/etc thru remote desktop. No excuse. Other hand, I don't think FCC will happy that it paid your gas for over to customer give advise that there are other free virus program.

A lot of my friends complained about waiting for their SVRS trainer for few months after their VP down. Sorenson should use remote desktop right away than waiting for make an appt.

Wow, Sorenson had cut some installers in few month ago. Lots of customers waiting too long for installers to be fixing and installing. I know that FCC have paid for deaf interpreters and VRS office expenses only. I think that Sorenson are not enough to get profit for installers' work and travel expenses. Why can Sorenson support or trainer use utility that enables customer to share desktop screen with a remote computer that install nTouchPC and nTouch mobile. Save installlers' travel expenses and gas. faster time. Sorenson should think about it.

Wow, Sorenson had cut some installers in few month ago. Lots of customers waiting too long for installers to be fixing and installing. I know that FCC have paid for deaf interpreters and VRS office expenses only. I think that Sorenson are not enough to get profit for installers' work and travel expenses. Why can Sorenson support or trainer use utility that enables customer to share desktop screen with a remote computer that install nTouchPC and nTouch mobile. Save installlers' travel expenses and gas. faster time. Sorenson should think about it.

FCC does not pay for the gas or trainer or installer or tech support or hardwares or offices or research or in-house software developments etc etc etc etc.

FCC only pay for the minutes when Deaf or HoH person is using VRS relay service.

As for "remote access", tech support always try to fix or solve problems remotely using remote access or try to explain customer how to perform the repair using friend VP and if it cannot be fixed or solved remotely then they send tech out to thier home.

Many Deaf people does not update their email address or text number or even their home address or they do not response to email or text that are sent to them to set up appointment to fix their VP quickly at their home

Trainer do give excellent repair turnaround time for those who do response to email or text to set up appointment, remember their VP is down so trainer cannot call on VP to set up appointment, all have to be done via email or text or knocking on their door.

Virus/Malware is off topic for this posting but I repaired computers with bad malware or virus that prevent computer being fixed remotely even in safe mode with networking so therefore you cannot always fix a computer remotely.

FCC DOES not PAY mileage. IRS does. Just wanted to clear it up. I called CIR myself, they said you will see why installer has to come.

And Installer from Sorenson is the champ! I never have a problem with slow. They always FAST but installer did mention many customers did not update their email or text or whatever to respond trainer for repair VP. So, think about it.

Sorenson only pay hour and close TA but not mileage because it comes from IRS.

Trainer will install nTouch PC software on notebook for deaf customer. Next day, He/she will give it to hearing person. Sorenson never know about them.

It is not true. Sorenson will sent another trainer to make sure he/she is not hearing because it happened to me when the manager ask me if can he come to replace my VP, I was puzzled but i know why cuz he has to make sure I am not hearing so I am pretty sure Sorenson WILL find out if someone install for hearing. The installer will be fire!

It is not true. Sorenson will sent another trainer to make sure he/she is not hearing because it happened to me when the manager ask me if can he come to replace my VP, I was puzzled but i know why cuz he has to make sure I am not hearing so I am pretty sure Sorenson WILL find out if someone install for hearing. The installer will be fire!

Right, some deaf customers never use VRS on SVP because they don't know English speaking and lots of them are almost Russian. They can use sign language but don't know fingerspelling.

There is one more thing, geographical location. There are not many trainers to cover every single cities. There are trainers don't exist in serveral cities, like one example Richmond, VA. Most of the trainers have to drive down to Richmond from either MD or DC. So, lot of time that there will be a delay of waiting for trainers to come down. Now we finally got few trainers/installer in Richmond but not enough to cover everyone there. If you got a fast response time it maybe because in this area, there are lot of trainers involved or very few deaf people live in that area. We are not like Comcast or Verizon that cover every single cities.

FCC does not pay for the gas or trainer or installer or tech support or hardwares or offices or research or in-house software developments etc etc etc etc.

FCC only pay for the minutes when Deaf or HoH person is using VRS relay service.

As for "remote access", tech support always try to fix or solve problems remotely using remote access or try to explain customer how to perform the repair using friend VP and if it cannot be fixed or solved remotely then they send tech out to thier home.

Many Deaf people does not update their email address or text number or even their home address or they do not response to email or text that are sent to them to set up appointment to fix their VP quickly at their home

Trainer do give excellent repair turnaround time for those who do response to email or text to set up appointment, remember their VP is down so trainer cannot call on VP to set up appointment, all have to be done via email or text or knocking on their door.

Virus/Malware is off topic for this posting but I repaired computers with bad malware or virus that prevent computer being fixed remotely even in safe mode with networking so therefore you cannot always fix a computer remotely.

I know other VRS trainer live 3 hours away from our city. Yep, That's what I told them about address, email, etc and they said that's all Sorenson said will send ticket to VRS trainer and please wait. They don't bother to remote desktop at all so waiting for few months till VRS trainer is worth?

LogMeIn CAN run in Safe Mode with Networking. There is ALWAYS other way to fix a computer.

Virus off-topic? You are the one who bring up about virus in first place.

The Highlander said:
LogMeIn CAN run in Safe Mode with Networking. There is ALWAYS other way to fix a computer.

Read my post again ... I said I repair computers that had virus or malware which prevent remote access to computer even using Safe Mode with Networking

The Highlander said:
Virus off-topic? You are the one who bring up about virus in first place.

I was quoting your own post where you talked about virus see your quote below

For Virus, You can find virus/spyware/etc thru remote desktop. No excuse. Other hand, I don't think FCC will happy that it paid your gas for over to customer give advise that there are other free virus program. .

It did not have anything to do with ntouch so therefore it was off topic post made by you then I added an off topic post by me to your :D

this thread is about sorenson ntouch, not bashing on way sorenson does things. go start a new thread for that.

Read my post again ... I said I repair computers that had virus or malware which prevent remote access to computer even using Safe Mode with Networking

I was quoting your own post where you talked about virus see your quote below

It did not have anything to do with ntouch so therefore it was off topic post made by you then I added an off topic post by me to your :D

Why you said thing to me in first place?

No one said about virus till someone from post #68 You got wrong person.

Back