Sorenson Customer Service

Gemma

Reaction score
:pissed:I got to rant about Sorenson Customer Service. :pissed:

Every one of my friend or acquaintance has already gotten a VP in the recent years - so thus most of the requests the local VP installers recieve are for "maintaining" the services so you would think that they know how important the Customer Service is!

My VP 200 hasnt been working - I emailed to a local VP installer - he goes, you have to ask my boss (local boss)..then I email to that boss, he goes you have to wait as I will see if you can get "ticket" for someone to come out to your house to fix. Then I get an email from this VP installer saying that I have to call Sorenson on VP ...How in the hell can I call VP tech if my VP is not even working!!!:eek3: Then I go to a friend's house to call VP tech - he goes what is the modem and router's model series numbers. I say I dont have it on me! Then he goes Well you will have to do this or that ..blah blah..expecting ME to be a computer whiz? If I am a computer whiz, I could have fixed the problem on my own! :giggle:

Anyway it has been 3 weeks now and my VP 200 is STILL not fixed. No one has bothered to follow up to see if my VP 200 is working.

You would think with so many other competitors, Sorenson would be scrambling to keep their customers happy!!!! I dont understand how Sorenson could ignore their customers when I have few competitors of Sorenson wanting me to use their services.

I think Im gonna quit Sorenson and use it's competitor!

*stepping off on a soapbox*:ty:

Hi, you still need to answer some of questions, reason, there are many many many ways to set up, depends on brand and model of modem and router. That is the problem, these people probably won't have any idea what you have until you tell them the brand and model, it is very easy, and you dont have to be technie savvy to look at modem and router for company name on it and model number on it.

Perfect example of router would be D-link that is brand, and di-604 is model number. That is all what they needed.

Also, good example here is Westell modem model number 6100 may have different way to set up than Westell modem model 4100. They need to know WHICH one, so that they can help you.

Using Sorenson Competitor will do the same thing, they will still need to know what you have.

I hear you

It is the QUALITY of Sorenson Customer Service I am ranting about.

I m not complaining about the serial numbers etc - it is how they proceeded to tell me how I could fix it when I have no idea how to fix it on my own!

If they want to keep customers, they need to be straight and follow up, not lead a customer in a maze like they did with me. I dont believe the boss, local vp installer and VP tech on VP are all on same wave length.

Whenever I shop elsewhere, I get much better services than this - they at least dont drag me through a maze, trying to figure out what Im supposed to be doing next. If they really want to keep me as a customer, at least explain what is going on, the reason for delay of providing service, etc etc like many other businesses does.

Hi, you still need to answer some of questions, reason, there are many many many ways to set up, depends on brand and model of modem and router. That is the problem, these people probably won't have any idea what you have until you tell them the brand and model, it is very easy, and you dont have to be technie savvy to look at modem and router for company name on it and model number on it.

Perfect example of router would be D-link that is brand, and di-604 is model number. That is all what they needed.

Also, good example here is Westell modem model number 6100 may have different way to set up than Westell modem model 4100. They need to know WHICH one, so that they can help you.

Using Sorenson Competitor will do the same thing, they will still need to know what you have.

I understand your rant. But please remember some companies have their policy of process any work order. For example, if you have problem with your telephone, do you go up to a van owned by telephone company, and ask them for help, will he help you? I doubt it! He or she will much likely tell you to call his or her boss, or if they use their head giving you right number (often not) to contact technical support first. That is much common practice nowadays.

So, it is best for you to call Sorenson though several method, one common is though VP at 801.287.9403 OR e mail at vrssupport@sorenson.com, or TTY at 866.877.9826 or fax:801.287.9495 (ATTN: Tech Support).

I am not sure but I think TTY support hours are monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm mountain time. The rest are 24 hours.

Time to be real nice to Sorenson now. They're gonna do us all a big sweet favor.

Richard

Back