Sonic Bomb Alarm Clock - Questions....

Lau2046

Reaction score
I just bought this clock which arrived today:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N41GQH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My most recent one just stopped working Thursday. I came home and thought we lost power and the couldn't get the shaker to stop going off. Obviously I needed something right away so I got the Sonic Bomb. It's fairly straight forward to use, but I don't have a good understanding of what the AL1, AL2, AL1+Al2 is or what the difference is between them. I'm using only the shaker function as I don't want a high pitch, loud buzzer waking everyone up with me. What the heck are the AL buttons for exactly? If I'm using only the shaker option, which setting is best for that? I've looked at Youtube and frankly it's not much help. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone that has this particular model alarm. Thank you.

Laura

Just read the user manual. Here is my understanding:

Turning off sounds and only using shaker has no effect on which alarm setting you use.

AL1 is Alarm 1
AL2 is Alarm 2

You can set up to 2 alarms to go off at different times.

You can also set up which alarm you want to use. For example.

If you choose AL1, only that alarm will go off while AL2 is ignored.
If you choose AL2, only that alarm will go off while AL1 is ignored.
If you choose both, Both time would go off at time you set it for.

Hope this helps!

Just read the user manual. Here is my understanding:

Turning off sounds and only using shaker has no effect on which alarm setting you use.

AL1 is Alarm 1
AL2 is Alarm 2

You can set up to 2 alarms to go off at different times.

You can also set up which alarm you want to use. For example.

If you choose AL1, only that alarm will go off while AL2 is ignored.
If you choose AL2, only that alarm will go off while AL1 is ignored.
If you choose both, Both time would go off at time you set it for.

Hope this helps!

I was wondering about that myself, so I guess it frankly doesn't matter if I just leave it at AL1, THANK YOU! Sonic Alert needs need to do a better job at explaining the clock features....

If I had this clock, I would just set AL1 and leave it at that.

Just to let you know there is also a limit on how long the alarm will go off. I have had my alarm go off all day cause I forgot to turn it off but woke up before it goes off so this limit would be handy. You can change how long the clock will go off till it shuts off if you don't turn it off. The default setting is 30 minutes before it shuts off on its own.

I may buy this clock in near future just for that feature!

I have this clock, I leave it on Al1 and vibrate only. But sometimes the vibrating gadget falls off the bed so watch out for that, I know people who keep it in their pillow case below the pillow but that’s too bulky for me.

The snooze button works in 7 min intervals as well.

Secretblend summarized mostly everything already :)

I have this clock, I leave it on Al1 and vibrate only. But sometimes the vibrating gadget falls off the bed so watch out for that, I know people who keep it in their pillow case below the pillow but that’s too bulky for me.

The snooze button works in 7 min intervals as well.

Secretblend summarized mostly everything already :)

I keep mine under the mattress as I just can't sleep with it under the pillow. It seems like a nice clock but I dearly hate the red lettering. Still, I needed something right away as I'm up at 4:30 for my job and beggars can't be choosers.

I keep mine under the mattress as I just can't sleep with it under the pillow. It seems like a nice clock but I dearly hate the red lettering. Still, I needed something right away as I'm up at 4:30 for my job and beggars can't be choosers.

Right? 6:30 AM over here, ugh. I dim it to the lowest setting and I just turn it around so it’s not facing me, it’ll do for now.

I still have the old model with green led light... I love it.... still works but finicky on some days (it's 17 years old). I never thought to turn it around but what I do is put a thick paper (actually an envelope (mail that I never opened lol) over the display- blocks out most of the light (I prefer a really dark room.).

I still have the old model with green led light... I love it.... still works but finicky on some days (it's 17 years old). I never thought to turn it around but what I do is put a thick paper (actually an envelope (mail that I never opened lol) over the display- blocks out most of the light (I prefer a really dark room.).

I plan to get a second clock and keep this one for backup. I don't want to chance having anything break and nothing on hand to replace it. At this clock got me up, which is all the matters.

I would need the vibrating feature. I don't hear any alarm even if it is loud, unless I wear both hearing Aids to bed.? Such an uncomfortable sleep so I'm up before the alarm? But just a question for those who still have some hearing left, if it's as loud as they say, I wonder if it can cause more hearing loss?

I can't sleep with my hearing aids, and although I'm sure I'd hear the alarm, my family would too and possibly the neighbors so I never use the sound component of the clock. I've never liked waking to noise so it's only on vibrate. This clock is not my first or second choice, I do like the snooze on it and the fact that the vibrate isn't abrasive so for now, it clearly works well.

I can't sleep with my hearing aids, and although I'm sure I'd hear the alarm, my family would too and possibly the neighbors so I never use the sound component of the clock. I've never liked waking to noise so it's only on vibrate. This clock is not my first or second choice, I do like the snooze on it and the fact that the vibrate isn't abrasive so for now, it clearly works well.

I would need the vibrating feature. I don't hear any alarm even if it is loud, unless I wear both hearing Aids to bed.? Such an uncomfortable sleep so I'm up before the alarm? But just a question for those who still have some hearing left, if it's as loud as they say, I wonder if it can cause more hearing loss?

I've often wondered that myself which is yet another reason why I don't use that feature. A shaker is all I really need although I do like that the Sonic Bomb also flashes a light which I find works very well too.

The Sonic Boom clock is no longer working so I bought this:

I've had trouble off and on so last night, I took out the Sonic Boom again and set the alarm on both the new clock and the SB. The new one worked, the other didn't. Both are new though. I just want the vibrate feature on the SB. What settings need to be on for this clock to go off?

Back