Son of God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yupp your explaination helps, I got it clear, thank you for explaination :)

Ahh that's better than how I discussed about this with my families! Thank you for explaining crystal clear! :) It does help me understand! :)
Whew! I'm glad. :)

In the bible (Luke 1:38)

Mary says: "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" That means Mary says "yes" to God’s plan. :)
However, the angel told Mary that she will have a baby... nothing that shows she "asked". The angel simply said that it will happen. All Mary did was say, "Ok." Nothing like, "Yes, you may make me pregnant."

Luke 1:31

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

However, the angel told Mary that she will have a baby... nothing that shows she "asked". The angel simply said that it will happen. All Mary did was say, "Ok." Nothing like, "Yes, you may make me pregnant."

Luke 1:31

And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Did you read Luke 1:38?

It's not just "Ok", Mary willing to be God’s servant. If she says no that would be against her will because no means no. :P

I never said that I beleive we came from monkey. I only said that I feel that Evoluation is a real which doesn't mean that 100% yet. I personally do not beleive that we came from monkey because of no proof.

I personally beleive that there're more people around during Eve & Adam's creation which mean is cavemen time. I have seen original drawing in the cave in Kent, England and also their bones, etc in scientic museum in London. Why I beleive is because if we come from Eve & Adam's time which mean that we all have same blood group but we have different blood group... Why? It could be that people around during Eve & Adam's creation.

I am not saying that you worship statues but some people. Yes, I has to agree with you that they are just arts who decorate beautiful in the churches. Some people including myself said it's false when the people worship statues because they think statues are God.

Yes, I experienced Jesus in my dream. I stated my post at Momoftwo's thread somewhere. I will provide the link here when I find it.

Edit: Found Momoftwo's thread...
http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...-anyone-who-had-experienced-seeing-jesus.html

Yes I agree that God is everywhere but not in the church.

Yeah I know u dont believe we came from = monkey. :) Darwin believed we came from ape and we became who we are today. Now u know I do not believe we evloved from something like this and hope u too not believe this because this is what evolutionsts believe in this. Just want to make clear on this one. :) And rest of it, I do not know any one worshop statues as far as I know many of us worshop many things for instance our own selves alike the way we look, wear, and show off our body. And many people worshop bible.

Mary not only accepted the angel's message, she celebrated it in praise to the LORD:

Luke 1
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. 50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation. 51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. 52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. 53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. 54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy; 55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Did you read Luke 1:38?

It's not just "Ok", Mary willing to be God’s servant. If she says no that would be against her will because no means no. :P
Mary was probably too terrified of God that she feared God would so something if she said, "No." After all, you can't expect to say no to a supreme being. Right?

Everyone shutters at the sight of a supreme being.

Mary was probably too terrified of God that she feared God would so something if she said, "No." After all, you can't expect to say no to a supreme being. Right?

:slap: God did not spoke to her, it was the angel that spoke to Mary.

Mary wanted to say yes. She humbly felt honored and blessed. Did you read my previous post?

Mary did see a supernatural being, the angel (not a supreme being).

:slap: God did not spoke to her, it was the angel that spoke to Mary.
But... the angel is supposedly the messenger of God. For all we know, it was probably a human that Mary had sex with and then blamed it on God so that people would treat her like the messiah. (I know she wasn't the messiah. I'm talking about how they treat her... like, "OMG! Virgin Mary! Whoa!"

Mary wanted to say yes. She humbly felt honored and blessed. Did you read my previous post?

Mary did see a supernatural being, the angel (not a supreme being).
Of course. Anyone would say yes when they believe they are doing something for a supreme being.

Look at Waco. All the women believed that Koresh was the messiah. So, they were willing to do anything for him.

I just find it odd that God can't do anything himself. They say God can do anything. Yet, God has his servants do His work for Him. Seriously, if God wanted to make me a believer... He should simply appear and talk to me himself. It's like his angels are his slaves. That's a no-no... :nono:

But... the angel is supposedly the messenger of God. For all we know, it was probably a human that Mary had sex with and then blamed it on God so that people would treat her like the messiah. (I know she wasn't the messiah. I'm talking about how they treat her... like, "OMG! Virgin Mary! Whoa!"
Mary didn't "blame" God; she humbly thanked Him. If you want to believe it happened some other way there is no way to convince you otherwise. You will believe what you want to believe.

Of course. Anyone would say yes when they believe they are doing something for a supreme being.

Look at Waco. All the women believed that Koresh was the messiah. So, they were willing to do anything for him.
They were following a man, not God. If the women read their Bibles they would know that the things Koresh said and did, didn't agree with the Scriptures. A good preacher of the Gospel will always emphasize, "don't follow me, follow God."

I just find it odd that God can't do anything himself. They say God can do anything. Yet, God has his servants do His work for Him.
God can do anything He wants. He wants to do things in certain ways for His own reasons. It doesn't mean He can't do something. It means He does it the way He wants to do it. Sometimes He allows His servants to do the work for Him because He wants the servant to experience the blessings and rewards of service to others.

Seriously, if God wanted to make me a believer... He should simply appear and talk to me himself. It's like his angels are his slaves. That's a no-no... :nono:
God spoke to some people directly, some thru prophets, and some thru His written word. But still people refused to believe. It doesn't matter if God speaks to people directly or not. They will still refuse to believe. Saying that "if God speaks to me Himself I would believe" is a total cop out.

Angels are not slaves. They also have free will. That's why some of them freely followed Satan in rebellion against God. They became the fallen angels (demons).

God spoke to some people directly, some thru prophets, and some thru His written word. But still people refused to believe. It doesn't matter if God speaks to people directly or not. They will still refuse to believe. Saying that "if God speaks to me Himself I would believe" is a total cop out.

That's so correct. Just like how Jesus did all these many miracles. The people saw these things, but they still did not believe in Him. They saw Jesus's power and still did not believe in Him. They are either blind, or kept their mind closed. I almost felt sorry for them.

Mary didn't "blame" God; she humbly thanked Him. If you want to believe it happened some other way there is no way to convince you otherwise. You will believe what you want to believe.
I'm not trying to speak literally, but figuratively.

When I say, "blame God"... I'm not saying that Mary actually said "It's God's fault that I am pregnant cuz he made me pregnant." I'm just saying that when she became pregnant and people asked whose baby it was, she said something like "It's God's baby."

Anyone can blame anyone else directly and indirectly. If I was a pregnant woman who wasn't married, I could say... "The baby's father is Bob." That is the same as "Bob got me pregnant." So, whether I say it directly or indirectly... the blame goes to Bob, no matter what.

So, in this case... I'm not saying that Mary directly blamed God. She still did admit that the father of the baby was God. So, the same thing applies.

They were following a man, not God. If the women read their Bibles they would know that the things Koresh said and did, didn't agree with the Scriptures. A good preacher of the Gospel will always emphasize, "don't follow me, follow God."
So were the people in the past. They were following Jesus... a man.

What happened in Waco was a misunderstanding. They believed that David was the messiah and were willing to follow him. If they thought wrong, then don't call them retards or stupid. They made a mistake.

"Don't follow me, follow God." This phrase still won't work. They will still listen to the sayings of that man anyway. If people truly believed that I was a man of God and I still told them not to follow me, but to follow God... they would still follow me and do the things I do. So, are they really following me or following God? Who knows what God wants. No, it's not cuz the Bible said so. It's cuz they're simply doing what they "think" is right.
God can do anything He wants. He wants to do things in certain ways for His own reasons. It doesn't mean He can't do something. It means He does it the way He wants to do it. Sometimes He allows His servants to do the work for Him because He wants the servant to experience the blessings and rewards of service to others.
He can do anything he wants cuz he is God? Well, what if he decided to destroy California? Your family and friends were there. Now, they're dead. Are you going to get mad or simply say, "It's okay. God intended for it to happen."

Well, think about those who have actually lost their loved ones. How do they really feel?

As for others doing the work for God, they're still his servant... his slaves. That's the biggest problem these days. People will listen to anything that other people say as the information is passed on. Yet, they won't listen to the SOURCE of these things. When someone says, "Bob thinks you're stupid." Do I care? Should I believe him? Who knows... I would rather hear from Bob... not from someone else.

The same goes for God. All people have been doing is reading what the Bible says, not what God says. For all we know, the wroters of the Bible could have been hallucinating and wrote what they "thought" God said. They probably were dreaming and translated their dreams.
Why did God speak to people thousands of years ago... and not today? It's like he gave up on us.
Angels are not slaves. They also have free will. That's why some of them freely followed Satan in rebellion against God. They became the fallen angels (demons).
Then God is a bad shepherd. His sheeps have gone astray. Sad.

Why did God speak to people thousands of years ago... and not today? It's like he gave up on us.

What would make a different today when it didn't make a different thousand of years ago? It's just going to be the same as it was thousand of years ago. :whistle:

Jesus is fully God and fully Man. Remember Jesus was in Heaven and gave up His Glory and came here to become human like us, yet not sinned, plus no sin in Him. But remember during crucifixion, all our sins upon Him to take our place to punish. But that after, leave people a choice, to recieve His grace or reject it.

So were the people in the past. They were following Jesus... a man.
Jesus was not just a man. Also, Jesus taught nothing that contradicted the Holy Scriptures of His time.

What happened in Waco was a misunderstanding. They believed that David was the messiah and were willing to follow him. If they thought wrong, then don't call them retards or stupid. They made a mistake.
I didn't call them retards or stupid. If they read their Bibles for themselves they would have recognized that what Koresh said didn't match what the Bible said.

"Don't follow me, follow God." This phrase still won't work. They will still listen to the sayings of that man anyway. If people truly believed that I was a man of God and I still told them not to follow me, but to follow God... they would still follow me and do the things I do. So, are they really following me or following God?
If people follow man instead of God, that's their fault, not God's. Why blame God for what people do? He didn't tell them to follow Koresh or any other cult leaders.

Who knows what God wants. No, it's not cuz the Bible said so. It's cuz they're simply doing what they "think" is right.He can do anything he wants cuz he is God? Well, what if he decided to destroy California? Your family and friends were there. Now, they're dead. Are you going to get mad or simply say, "It's okay. God intended for it to happen."
If California gets destroyed would you get mad and blame . . . who?

If something happens to California, God knows about it, and He lets it happen for a reason. It would be upsetting, yes. But why would I blame God?

Well, think about those who have actually lost their loved ones. How do they really feel?
They feel terrible, I'm sure. I've lost loved ones, too, and it's an awful feeling.

As for others doing the work for God, they're still his servant... his slaves.
In that sense, yes. We're all slaves to one master or the other. I prefer to be a slave of Jesus Christ. The only other option is to be a slave to Satan and sin. Those are the only two choices.

The same goes for God. All people have been doing is reading what the Bible says, not what God says.
The Bible is what God said.

For all we know, the wroters of the Bible could have been hallucinating and wrote what they "thought" God said. They probably were dreaming and translated their dreams.Why did God speak to people thousands of years ago... and not today?
God does speak to us thru His Word. He said all that He needed to say. Why should He repeat it? If people refuse to believe His words in the Bible, they won't believe His words coming out His mouth either.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son . . .

Revelation 21
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

It's like he gave up on us.Then God is a bad shepherd. His sheeps have gone astray. Sad.
No, God has not given up on us. God is always faithful. We sinners are the ones who give up on God. We are the ones who stray. But God comes looking for us, and wants to bring us home.

Matthew 18
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost. 12 How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? 13 And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. 14 Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.

John 10
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back