Somebody entered my account and cancelled my flight ticket for no reason. Not me.

xgoofyguyx

Reaction score
I purchased e-ticket through Cheaptickets website Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Airfare, Hotels, Vacations, Rental Car & Cruises at CheapTickets. I was planning to be on my summer vacation from Los Angeles to Orlando on June 17th. Someone entered my account and cancelled my ticket for no reason. I had to call Cheaptickets customer service to ask why my ticket was cancelled. They said they configured why the ticket was cancelled. I was the one who cancelled. I told them It wasn't me. They couldn't do anything to reset the old reservation numbers. They told me to pay change fee over 150 dollars. I am not accepting this because it is not my fault that I cancelled the ticket. I don't know how it happened. I believe it may be hacker who responsible with submitting cancelled ticket. They won't refund this credit back to my credit card. I don't want to pay $150 change fee that I didn't do. Never, Never use cheaptickets website because I realized it is not safe to buy through internet. Hackers can steal your saved info from your internet. Best safe way to call any airlines through phone to make new ticket reservations through phone without saving info on internet.

I was told that they keep my future travel credit when I have a plan to fly in future. I don't have any plans and is there any way I can get the credit back instead of paying 150 dollars change fee with future ticket value? Can I sell this credit or not? Tell me how I can do. It will be very much appericated if you help me with this. Many thanks!

They won't refund this credit back to my credit card. I don't want to pay $150 change fee that I didn't do.

There's nothing you can do about this, sorry.

$150.00 change fee is not only for the e-flight ticket and typing in the info into the system. It is also for other things on the itinerary ticket.

Almost everyone at customer services has heard all kinds of excuses so you can bet you will get the brush-off from them.

I have bought plane ticket through the airline website such as Delta.com, Continental.com United.com and I never had any trouble so far.

My theory is your email may be compromised and hacker may have access to that reservation itinerary in your e-mail and went there to cancel it to piss you off. There is not much you can do about it, but only suggesting that you print that e-mail when they sent the itinerary and delete that e-mail and keep the printed itinerary in a safe place until your flight day.

I have bought plane ticket through the airline website such as Delta.com, Continental.com United.com and I never had any trouble so far.

My theory is your email may be compromised and hacker may have access to that reservation itinerary in your e-mail and went there to cancel it to piss you off. There is not much you can do about it, but only suggesting that you print that e-mail when they sent the itinerary and delete that e-mail and keep the printed itinerary in a safe place until your flight day.

I am not talking about the email. I purchased the itinerary ticket through flight website called Cheap Flights, Airline Tickets, Airfare, Hotels, Vacations, Rental Car & Cruises at CheapTickets. I signed up to make a purchase that how it keep my confirmation and itinerary numbers in my website account. It is not email. They were in under "My trips" That's how hacker might enter into my online account with user name and password to cancel the ticket to piss me off. It was not my fault. I already have internet security program that can prevent hackers to enter my computer and internet. I already printed the confirmed numbers but I don't know how it happened when I found out my ticket was cancelled for no reason. I was out with friends during baby shower. I came to check online to check to make sure anything is alright becasue i was too exciting to fly to Florida for a vacation. Cheapticket worker told me that ticket was cancalled at 2:08 am which I wasn't on my computer. I was at someone's house for baby shower and having good time. It was my first time to experience like that before. I signed cheaptickets.com two months ago in May. Now I realized online purchasing the tickets is not safe way to keep confirmation numbers. I suggested to cheaptickets to invent new feature like for example.....You just go ahead enter with ur user name and password to decide to cancel the ticket. When click submit the cancel the ticket and they should send cancellation confirmation in Email in safe way to click yes or no. They should do that so it will be easier for people to make a email confirmation to go ahead cancel instead of instant cancel online in the website. Do you agree with that one? I suggest all online for air travel should have email confirmation to approve cancellation tickets. That's simple way to do. That's why I was upset with their service. Well, unless I didn't pay for round trip. I paid for one way with good price around 140 dollars on way which I purchased around a month before flight date becasue I knew it will be going up and higher closing to last mins. That's all. I know Airlines don't even care about people's frustration and all they want to smell your money. That's fact what I feel like abt them.

Back