Soldier owns Senator McCaskill (D-Mo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdog

Reaction score
I once came across a survey that found that elected officials knew significantly less about our constitutional republic than the average American. Here is a soldier trying to fill in Senator Claire McCaskill on the nature of our Constitution and the limits it places on her power.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y98HxYbsdBM]YouTube - US Soldier Demands Apology From Senator Claire McCaskill at Town Hall[/ame]

We have something in common. We both, at one time, took an oath to defend the Constitution. Her oath took her to Washington; my oath took me overseas with a rifle. (applause) My Constitution that I took an oath to- I know that all the powers of the legislative branch of geovernment are confined in Article I, section 8 and they have less than 20 enumerated powers and nowhere in there, as I already touched upon earlier, nowhere in there is health care mentioned, which is really health control, which is also mentioned, it's not mentioned anywhere in there, so she has no business except fighting against it. (applause) The other thing- I mentioned this to politicians before and they take the Constitituion and they turn it into some kind of huge elastic document that they try to wrap around everything, but if you read our Founding Fathers, even they said that the general welfare cluase, which is what she's probably going to try to use to explain this, even the general welfare clause- our Founding Fathers, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, the father of the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin and so on and so on and so on, every one of them said that the general welfare clause is only to be used within the confines of the enumerated powers in Article I, Section 8. Claire McCaskill, I'm not so much looking for an explanation from her as I'm looking for an apology, because this should not even be (inaudible).
If she thinks a government-run health option is a good idea, she should have run for her state legislature- not the federal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back