Social Security Office

Reaction score
How do you communicate with them? I wonder if it is just this particular person who is a pain in the butt. I can read lips and hear, but I use a TTY. I am dealing with a case manager who I don't feel is accommodating. She would not give me her e-mail to communicate saying she can only communicate by phone or in person. Is this true?

I don't like going to the office and would rather do everything by phone, letter or e-mail. She doesn't ever answer her call even if I leave her messages. It is very rude, and I have been irritated with her since the beginning, just rubs me off the wrong way. She's very indirect, and I don't like that. She's also patronizing. I feel I should have the same rights as other if I want to talk through the phone. The office is not close.

I tried to ask for the manager through the main phone, but they just asked me what the problem was first and then talked to her to take my call. I got through to her and she did not seem to have patience to answer my question. She would rush and tell me to talk it over with my mother when I get the paper. I find that patronizing. I know my mother won't understand the documents I just got. I thought I'd get publications explaining the documents.

I really want to change this person to a different case worker. I get irritated at the thought of dealing with this case manager. Tips how you would handle this? How do I explain why I want a change of case manager?

I never of the SS Office case worker giving out their email address , I had to go there and see a person . There is always paper work involved when dealing with the SS Office and I think they want to made sure they're
communicating the right person . You could being using someone else SS#. You have to have a photo ID with you to prove you're using your own SS#.

How do you communicate with them? I wonder if it is just this particular person who is a pain in the butt. I can read lips and hear, but I use a TTY. I am dealing with a case manager who I don't feel is accommodating. She would not give me her e-mail to communicate saying she can only communicate by phone or in person. Is this true?

I don't like going to the office and would rather do everything by phone, letter or e-mail. She doesn't ever answer her call even if I leave her messages. It is very rude, and I have been irritated with her since the beginning, just rubs me off the wrong way. She's very indirect, and I don't like that. She's also patronizing. I feel I should have the same rights as other if I want to talk through the phone. The office is not close.

I tried to ask for the manager through the main phone, but they just asked me what the problem was first and then talked to her to take my call. I got through to her and she did not seem to have patience to answer my question. She would rush and tell me to talk it over with my mother when I get the paper. I find that patronizing. I know my mother won't understand the documents I just got. I thought I'd get publications explaining the documents.

I really want to change this person to a different case worker. I get irritated at the thought of dealing with this case manager. Tips how you would handle this? How do I explain why I want a change of case manager?

There is never single person involved on any case, every cases you have with SS, there will be bunch of people involved, some foreground, others in background or different locations

A question, can you talk with your hands using known language ASL?

If you don't know sign language, your going to be dealing with long battle with them. BUT if you do know, ask for an interpreter or VRI service, they got them and I have used them in the past.

Ditto Blue's suggestion. That is how I dealt with the SSA office in the last year or so... I did everything online and via mail- never had to go to an SSA office at all. Only had to call once regarding an issue (and that turned out to be an accidental error on my part oops).

I have to go in in person to determine how staying overseas in India impacts my SSDI.

I always go to the Office for these things as the phone is nothing but a bunch of freaking computerized bullcrap.

She would not give me her e-mail to communicate saying she can only communicate by phone or in person. Is this true?
She is full of crap. I have an email address for my case manager and I contact her when I have questions and issues with certain things. They have to accommodate you or they are breaking the law.

If you have a problem with someone, talk to someone over their head. I had an issue with one person, and I talked to a person 3 levels higher than him and he got suspended. You should not have to deal with a freaking moron, because they work at SS or any department. If they cannot or will not accommodate you, you can contact the ADA and file a complaint. And believe me, that person will change her attitude very damn quick.

I am currently going through a problem with my Medicaid, where I'm trying to get a face to face interview regarding an issue I have. I have left messages on the phone, nobody returns, I have had my stepfather help me get through hours of phone calls trying to find out who I should talk too, only to not get anywhere. I even went to the main office in the city and told the person at the front that I would like to see someone face to face, because I'm having trouble getting to someone via phone. The stupid idiot gave me a paper and told me to call the number on the paper to talk to someone. I saw the number and it's the number that I've been using to get through to someone.

While being nice gets you places, you sometimes have to be an aggressive bulldog and push your way through all the bullcrap. Be nice, but be firm and don't take no for an answer. If the person you are talking too is not or will not help you out. Ask for their manager. If the manager doesn't help, go even higher. Eventually you will get someone who has the power to tell the workers to knock it off.

I was able to get to the supervisor, and they do allow e-mail as long as personal information are not written in the e-mail. This is what I thought. It's for general communication and questions. I don't see what the problem is. The agent answering the main line gives you a hard time getting through to a manager. The first time, they just put me through to the case manager, and it was not solving my problem. It was just putting a band aid on the issue.

I would go to the office, but I don't like going to this office. It makes me anxious. They have poor reviews. I hope they do something about it because there's no need to be rude at the SSA office.

I understand the concern over e-mail with personal info.

I have never had issues communicating through TTY until this case manager I have. I don't think the case manager wanted to deal with TTY.

Welcome to the US government where rude is king.
go to another SSA office in your city or county.

I was able to get to the supervisor, and they do allow e-mail as long as personal information are not written in the e-mail. This is what I thought. It's for general communication and questions. I don't see what the problem is. The agent answering the main line gives you a hard time getting through to a manager. The first time, they just put me through to the case manager, and it was not solving my problem. It was just putting a band aid on the issue.

I would go to the office, but I don't like going to this office. It makes me anxious. They have poor reviews. I hope they do something about it because there's no need to be rude at the SSA office.

Back