Social Experiment - the Muslims

Then you can't say "no one" if you didn't poll everyone.

I would think that, as an interpreter, you would be capable of utilizing contextual meaning...no one that has participated in the poll. I'm really surprised that you are not able to utilize such a basic skill of communication.

I would think that, as an interpreter, you would be capable of utilizing contextual meaning...no one that has participated in the poll. I'm really surprised that you are not able to utilize such a basic skill of communication.

Lighten up?

There isn't really any need to keep calling peoples abilities into question.

I thought polls were innaccurate and unreliable.... :hmm:

Looks like reading between the lines is becoming a lost art.

Lighten up?

There isn't really any need to keep calling peoples abilities into question.

Mine have been called into question numerous times on this forum. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

I thought polls were innaccurate and unreliable.... :hmm:

Depends on what you are attempting to use them to support. They are not generalizable to an entire population, but if they are being used to support a sub-population, the validity and reliability increase.

That's it. When you don't have a reasonable reply, resort to personal attack. I got it.

That's it. When you don't have a reasonable reply, resort to personal attack. I got it.

Gave you a reasonable reply. You refused to grasp it. Back on topic:

I still maintain that the U.S. is one of the most intolerant societies in existence. We are seeing evidence of such concurrently.

Gave you a reasonable reply. You refused to grasp it. Back on topic:

I still maintain that the U.S. is one of the most intolerant societies in existence. We are seeing evidence of such concurrently.
Compared to what other existing societies; North Korea, Sudan, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia?

Compared to what other existing societies; North Korea, Sudan, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia?

Given that I stated " in existance", then yes, those would be included. But not limited to.

How about American Indians in our own country? I am not trying to start an argument here, but what jillio says is plausible. A country with extremes goes both ways somehow. We have almost unlimited freedom here but also unlimited intolerance on the other end of the scale. Just saying.

How about American Indians in our own country? I am not trying to start an argument here, but what jillio says is plausible. A country with extremes goes both ways somehow. We have almost unlimited freedom here but also unlimited intolerance on the other end of the scale. Just saying.

That is quite true. Add to that the fact that what we consider to be a problem of intolerance in another society is not considered intolerant by the people we see as being discriminated against. In fact, quite often, they are in agreement that what we see as discrimination is perfectly acceptable and agreed with.

Any country that practices a majority religion such as Buddhism is a society of greater tolerance than one that the majority religion is one based on value judgements. When discussing tolerance and discrimination, we can't simply look at what we think is intolerant, but must also look at what the members of that society, themselves, perceive as intolerance.

Given that I stated " in existance", then yes, those would be included. But not limited to.
So you consider the United States to be in the same category as those countries?

So you consider the United States to be in the same category as those countries?

Misinterpretation. That is not what I said at all. The same category as what? Are they all countries? Yes, they are. So that means, that on that level, they all do belong to the same category.

Native Americans have truly gotten a raw deal, to say the least. But would you say that means the United States overall, right now, is one of the least tolerant countries compared to all those in the world, such as Rwanda and Saudi Arabia?

How tolerant are those other countries to even this kind of criticism that we are debating here? Intolerance can't even be discussed in some other countries.

Back