So... I adopted two cats

JMH

Reaction score
Past few weeks, I have been thinking of getting another cat after my black cat of 17 years passed away last year. It was kind of quiet around here without him. So, I stopped by PetSmart few weeks ago and saw black cat (like I had one before) that got me thinking.

I decided to pick up her today and I felt bad for separating her from her brother and I also took him. So that she have someone to hang out with. They both are about 6 months old.

No picture(s) yet because they seems scare of new environment. So I'm letting them exploring the house and feel comfortable with new environment first. I haven't named them yet - however, the lady who was their foster care, named them "Paco" (for male cat) and "Charolette" for black cat. Well, I will have to think of better name that fit them well.

I'm not used to new black cat since she's very, very shy. The old black cat was completely opposed to her - he (old black cat) had a reputation along the neighborhood as Fearless cat or Mean cat. He would always attack anyone or animals (including large dog). Everyone was petrified of him and they would avoid walking through our sidewalk. Lol But to me, he’s sweet cat – sure, I was bitten or clawed by him million times but he was still a great cat.

Now I see that new cat, she just hid behind a chair and watching. It’s bit different. Her brother is exploring the house right now. It’s nice to see from a quiet house to activity and that they got home to live for rest of their lives.

Will post some pictures later.

Congrats!! have you pick for their exaclt birthday yet? They both will grow to love you big time in a couple of months later. i m glad that you woudnt dare to separate them so they have each other for a company. :)

I have a black female kitty. At first she was shy and wouldnt let me touch her for two to three weeks then she lets me pet her. its been almost a year. she is a very affective gril and must be pet by me and my husband. cutie.

edit to add: we got two kitties from philly pa that my friends brought them to us in NY. thats why the black kitty would not let me touch her .. now she is all over into me and my hub only if it were in our bedroom or second floor but kitchen she seems to be independent. weird fur girl.

Last edited:
Adopted me? *high five*
tumblr_meo0ls6iOg1rrr2r7o1_500.gif

Thanks, guys.

They seems like my bedroom :confused:. Black cat seems to be shy and spent lot of time hiding behind a chair and under the bed. She seems to getting used to new environment and sleep with her brother on the top of the bed. The other guy, it's tabby cat - sort of half Mackerel and Spotted Tabby. His stripes isn't fully stripe and it seems it has some broken stripes that almost look like Spotted Tabby.

img0016ux.jpg

Funny, that Tabby cat's personal is similar with my old black cat. He sure like to attack my hand when I tried to pet him. I picked him up to show him where litter box is, he growled at me while I carried him. Just like old black cat! :shock:

To answer Frisky Feline's question on their birthday. I looked in paperwork, one paper is dated September 22, 2012 and it mentioned they're 11 weeks old. It's about first week of July, I don't know the exact date, but I would just celebrate their birthday on first week of July. :)

Past few weeks, I have been thinking of getting another cat after my black cat of 17 years passed away last year. It was kind of quiet around here without him. So, I stopped by PetSmart few weeks ago and saw black cat (like I had one before) that got me thinking.

I decided to pick up her today and I felt bad for separating her from her brother and I also took him. So that she have someone to hang out with. They both are about 6 months old.

No picture(s) yet because they seems scare of new environment. So I'm letting them exploring the house and feel comfortable with new environment first. I haven't named them yet - however, the lady who was their foster care, named them "Paco" (for male cat) and "Charolette" for black cat. Well, I will have to think of better name that fit them well.

I'm not used to new black cat since she's very, very shy. The old black cat was completely opposed to her - he (old black cat) had a reputation along the neighborhood as Fearless cat or Mean cat. He would always attack anyone or animals (including large dog). Everyone was petrified of him and they would avoid walking through our sidewalk. Lol But to me, he’s sweet cat – sure, I was bitten or clawed by him million times but he was still a great cat.

Now I see that new cat, she just hid behind a chair and watching. It’s bit different. Her brother is exploring the house right now. It’s nice to see from a quiet house to activity and that they got home to live for rest of their lives.

Will post some pictures later.

I had a couple of cats - black cats as well. Our indoor cat was Smokey and he was sweet. My father's favorite. When he passed (we had to put him down), we returned the home really broken up, and we'd see his spirit racing across the room. We all saw it and took it as a sign that he was happy. We weren't though, and we soon adopted others because the house was too big without our animals. It's a thing only other animal lovers could understand.

My other black cat I named "Blackie." (I know, real original name). He was a true survivor. We could never pet him. I suspect he may have abused or was always wild. We'd feed him outside and in the winter, my father would leave the cellar door open with the stove going to give him some heat during the night. He would come in for a while to get warm, but he'd be gone by morning. He wanted no part of belonging to us, just the food, and during a few cold New England winters, just the heat. Eventually over the years we didn't see him any more. I guess his nine lives ran out, but we do think of him often and we still miss him.

Laura

I had a couple of cats - black cats as well. Our indoor cat was Smokey and he was sweet. My father's favorite. When he passed (we had to put him down), we returned the home really broken up, and we'd see his spirit racing across the room. We all saw it and took it as a sign that he was happy. We weren't though, and we soon adopted others because the house was too big without our animals. It's a thing only other animal lovers could understand.

My other black cat I named "Blackie." (I know, real original name). He was a true survivor. We could never pet him. I suspect he may have abused or was always wild. We'd feed him outside and in the winter, my father would leave the cellar door open with the stove going to give him some heat during the night. He would come in for a while to get warm, but he'd be gone by morning. He wanted no part of belonging to us, just the food, and during a few cold New England winters, just the heat. Eventually over the years we didn't see him any more. I guess his nine lives ran out, but we do think of him often and we still miss him.

Laura

That's pretty good story.

I spent a night nearly sleepless - thanks to tabby cat for attacking my feet whenever I move. lol They seems to be more comfortable now and they played around together.

Updated:

Okay, It took me bit longer to name both kittens because my nieces wanted to name them. So, I told them that they can come up with names and I come up with names. And then, let rest of the family vote.

I named: male cat = Tabby and blackcat = Kuro or Jiji (Kuro means black in Japanese and Jiji is a blackcat character in Kiki's Delivery Service).

My nieces named male cat as Lamar and blackcat as Bella.

And I was outvoted 6-0. :( So, it's Lamar and Bella.

Latest picture of them cuddled each other on a 5 foot "cat condo".

img0026rf.jpg

Updated:

Okay, It took me bit longer to name both kittens because my nieces wanted to name them. So, I told them that they can come up with names and I come up with names. And then, let rest of the family vote.

I named: male cat = Tabby and blackcat = Kuro or Jiji (Kuro means black in Japanese and Jiji is a blackcat character in Kiki's Delivery Service).

My nieces named male cat as Lamar and blackcat as Bella.

And I was outvoted 6-0. :( So, it's Lamar and Bella.

Latest picture of them cuddled each other on a 5 foot "cat condo".

img0026rf.jpg

Very sweet....I'd welcome both of these cats any day....

Laura

Thanks, Derek. :) It's great to see the house being more active - Lamar runs really, really fast and I had to keep my eyes on ground whenever I walk around the house. lol

beautiful. I know the feeling about names. ha my kids made the choice of calling two young kitties, white kitty's name is Marshmallow and the black kitty's name is Twilight. before they had names by fosters who name them marshmallows former name was Neena. Twilights former name was Queenie. I still call her queenie though. Our oldest two fur boys 12 yrs old named is Tavish and 7 yrs old named is sushi. we are not a sushi fan however we honor a friend of ours who rescue too many kitties and shes a sushi lover. so I keep his name for her. :) our deceased kitty named was Jude. his feature facial reminds me of jude law. lol

beautiful. I know the feeling about names. ha my kids made the choice of calling two young kitties, white kitty's name is Marshmallow and the black kitty's name is Twilight. before they had names by fosters who name them marshmallows former name was Neena. Twilights former name was Queenie. I still call her queenie though. Our oldest two fur boys 12 yrs old named is Tavish and 7 yrs old named is sushi. we are not a sushi fan however we honor a friend of ours who rescue too many kitties and shes a sushi lover. so I keep his name for her. :) our deceased kitty named was Jude. his feature facial reminds me of jude law. lol

I always liked to call cats unique or unusual names that fits their personal or/and looks. I had one cat that looks almost like Lamar - I tried to call her "Ash" because of the color, but my ex-girlfriend called her "Ashley." She bought that cat and she had every right to call whatever she wanted. The old blackcat, only one that I named with unusual & unique name: Bosco. You probably know it as Bosco Chocolate Syrup. Fitting name for him. :)

Back