SMS on cellphone without service?

Saavik

Reaction score
I use wifi on a smartphone someone gave me and the IPrelay app to place calls, but people want to text and I need to find a way to text them without paying for cellphone service. I'm fine with IPrelay and email using wifi only, but you know how much people love texting.

What solutions to this texting/ no service issue do I have?

I use wifi on a smartphone someone gave me and the IPrelay app to place calls, but people want to text and I need to find a way to text them without paying for cellphone service. I'm fine with IPrelay and email using wifi only, but you know how much people love texting.

What solutions to this texting/ no service issue do I have?

Does Las Vegas have a Cricket store? They don't charge for texting nor for apps. You may want to look into that

FB Messenger, AIM, Yahoo, KiK (that's a new one I came across- pretty nifty), MSN, Skype maybe. I don't know if there is a way to do the 'plain' texting that is done through the cell phone provider without a cell signal or through wifi though.

Skype might be a better way to go over AIM or Yahoo.

FB Messenger, AIM, Yahoo, KiK (that's a new one I came across- pretty nifty), MSN, Skype maybe. I don't know if there is a way to do the 'plain' texting that is done through the cell phone provider without a cell signal or through wifi though.

Skype might be a better way to go over AIM or Yahoo.

Or a person could sign up for the following free texting apps with real numbers:

Text Me

Text Plus

Text Now

Just a few suggestions I have.

the most popular app is WhatsApp but yea you need a phone number... but it uses data instead of SMS

Back