In Hazzard County
Servings: 12 deviled eggs
Author: Susie Bulloch (heygrillhey.com)
- 7 smoked eggs instructions in recipe notes ( https://heygrillhey.com/how-to-make-smoked-eggs/ )
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons stone ground coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Homemade BBQ Sweet Rub link in recipe notes
- 1 Tablespoon pickled jalapenos diced
- 12 slices pickled jalapenos for garnish
- Slice the 7 hard smoked eggs in half. Gently scoop the yolks out into a medium mixing bowl. You can eat or discard the two egg whites that look the most beat up. You need the additional yolk in the filling to make the deviled eggs nice and full.
- Add in the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, BBQ rub, and pickled jalapenos to the egg yolks. Whisk vigorously to combine and fluff up the yolks.
- Use a spoon to fill each egg white with about 1 Tablespoon of the yolk mixture. Top with a sliced pickled jalapeno for each egg and then sprinkle them all with additional BBQ rub. Serve chilled.