Smarest and darnest thing your pet did to you

e

Reaction score
post your story about your silly & brilliant pets that had done things.

my dog, mark, who died when i was 13 or 14. he was so smart, he'd know what to do to that made us do things for him. this happened to me several times. when there was something in the backyard and mark would bug me to send him outside. i told him no, because he already went out. but he glared at me, sat down, his back shaped like arch and was about to take a dump. i yelled mark, no!!! he stood up and expected me to open the door. what a clever dog.

i'll think of something more later!

:rofl: Yep, Witty Dog! I cannot think of any moments my animals did that surprise me. LOL I grew up with many cats, few dogs, and many fish. Also two horses. But nothing I can think of that make me think they're smart. LOL Sowwy, buddy.

I used to have a dog that was really interesting. He's a mixed between a border collie and akita. It's like a super-sized border collie with a curled-up tail. Heh!

Anyway, we had this sucker ball for the dog. It's the same size as a tennis ball but with suckers all over. When you throw it against the wall or window, it will stick... but slowly roll down as it unsticks and sticks down the wall or window. Well, my dog would pick up the ball from the floor with his mouth and then throw it against the window. He'd stand there watching the ball roll down with that weird mini-unsucking sounds. When it rolled down to the bottom, he'd take it off or pick it up with his mouth... walk back... then throw it again. It was fun to see all day long, heh! :)

My cat's a Ragdoll. He's so smart and lazy! 'Course, I'm biased :P

Well, whenever we want him to come inside, does he come in right away? noooo
Instead he'll go and jump onto a table outside and wait for one of us to come out and brush his fur and when he decided he's had enough. He'll go inside. How cheeky is that, eh?!

What's more? Hmm, oh, he knows I'm deaf so he doesn't yell into my ears for breakfast when I was sleeping, instead he'll jump onto my pillow and knead the pillow and the jumps off and jumps back on right over my face! *sigh*

Also he's had this uncanny sense of timing to jump up onto the desk when I'm webcaming with friends! :D

my beary.. *my cat*... whatever i sleep or very far from the door.. he would like act like DOG!!! somebody is knocking the door.. he would go bounce everywhere till i come and he will sit front of door.. smart? eh?

My Rosie, a sable brown burmese -- she's one clever little bugger. She knows how to open the flywire screen door to the front door. If she's thirsty, she'd get into the bathroom and get up onto the rail above the shower area where she'd sit and stare at me until I fill up a cup of water for her. Put it on the rail for her...:P
She also is sneaky, she'd know when our doors are not exactly closed, she'd push her paw through the gap and push it open. Even knows how to slide the sliding door open! Geez! :giggle:

My old cat Shades used to meet my brother and I at our bus stop when we were in junoir high, and walk us home like she was our mother. On weekends if we went to the library she'd walk us to the library, sit on the steps til we were done, and then walk us home.

Pets

I had a dog named Teddy.
I'd steal abnything he thought we were eating. If we had an apple as soon as he could grab the core he'd take off with it. One time he stole a candy bar. then hid it. One day while my mother was reading the paper here comes Teddy with this candy bar... her favorite kind too. He proceeded to sit and look at her as he started to gnaw on it. She got even... she took it from him (not good for him anyway) broke off the part where he'd left tooth marks and ate it in fron of him.

Teddy also had a squeaky toy that he had to have in order to go to sleep. He'd sit and squeak this thing until he went to sleep. We called it teddy's pacifier.

He also hated when anyone went to bed. My dad would turn off the light and act like he was going to bed and teddy would grab his shoe and try and keep my dad from going upstairs to bed.

He was a really cool dog.

Lorias

e said:
post your story about your silly & brilliant pets that had done things.

my dog, mark, who died when i was 13 or 14. he was so smart, he'd know what to do to that made us do things for him. this happened to me several times. when there was something in the backyard and mark would bug me to send him outside. i told him no, because he already went out. but he glared at me, sat down, his back shaped like arch and was about to take a dump. i yelled mark, no!!! he stood up and expected me to open the door. what a clever dog.

i'll think of something more later!

Well, this isn't a story about me, per se, but I have two dogs. My one dog is very protective of people, and he will stand gaurd. Well, one day the kids were over, and it was nap time. We put the babies in the back bedroom, and kept an ear out for them. Well, my dog decided he needed to "watch them", so he went over to the door, and stood gaurd. Alittle while later, their Daddy came to pick them up, and my dog decided he was a threat and he GROWLED at him when he tried to get into the room! My Mother had to go in there and get the kids one by one, because the dog would not let the kid's father through the bedroom door! LOLOLOL

ok u wanna hear something funny abt my lilo and pad?? ( maxi s her real name but dad calls her pad and get this little hint MAXI PAD :-X) anyway these guys are something else, we had another dog name shi shi well shi shi's my sister's dog and thier on the mainland now, anyway all three of them would be having a blast playing well pad wants to play and gets jealous and lilo and shi shi would be wrestling and they would be fighting like crazy til pad becomes the referee! LOL and then one time pad and shi shi was playing and they were chasing each other the next thing i know shi shis trying to get inside and then lo and behold SHi shi goes SPLAT ont he door and falls back down and causing everyone to crack up LOL

lilo has a uncanny way of barking she knows im deaf so she doesn't bark, she knows mom and dad are hearing she ll bark well anyway lilo gets into it with dad and yapping and when she saw me she ll do a low moaning type of howl so i can feel her barking shes a SMARTASS! LOL and knows i ll try and get inside the house for the night sometimes she ll wanna play for a while she's funny! and her fave place to sleep????

IN THE BATHROOM~! Sheesh causing all three of us to walk in and walk OVER to her so we can go to the bathroom! LOL!

want to hear something funny about my pet ant?

Well this ant was inside my house .. i looked at my ant. and told him outside is there this way.. the door's there.. and i open the door.. and his buddy ant came in.. i was like arahh.. okay little ant u now have 2 ants in my home! no more! or i'll kill you.. however i open the door.. and told the 2 ants to leave.. they leave :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
want to hear something funny about my pet ant?

Well this ant was inside my house .. i looked at my ant. and told him outside is there this way.. the door's there.. and i open the door.. and his buddy ant came in.. i was like arahh.. okay little ant u now have 2 ants in my home! no more! or i'll kill you.. however i open the door.. and told the 2 ants to leave.. they leave :D
Ha, DeafScuba..
Wha.. a nice prank jok'n you got nice antes!
:P

Cute stories y'all got!! :mrgreen:

My very first dog, Heidi, a mixed terrier/daschund, knew we all were Deaf. Well, get this! This bugger of a dog wasn't going to waste her vocal chords barking at us when she begged for treats when we all sat down to eat. Know what she'd do?! She had a knack for getting our attention because back then I could hear almost like a hearing person but now late-deafened, she would bark but no "Arf! Arf!" came out!! She learned quickly that we all relied on visuals so she wasn't going to break a sweat barking. Simply yap her mouth with no voice and we think she's barking.Never ever leave a delicious sandwich with deli meats inside or she will snatch it off the table and leave the bread there! Damn bugger was so smart and I miss her! :tears:

i have a cat name is Snowball, when my mom or thad gone, snowball sleep on my bed most day time... while i am online or watch tv, snowball woke up and turned look over the hall, i was puzzled huh? spoke to him, what is it?? then he turned looked at me, meow! i say someone there?? he meow, so i stood up and walked and follow where snowball go to... but he jumped on the chair and looked at the door, so i puzzled and look at peek hole on the door and ohhhhhhhhhh it was a man who fix something for sink or whatever for apt so i opened it and let him came in and went to kitchen and fixed.. i told snowball good boy and let me know!!! :) so i show u the pic of him... (he mad at me for woke him up:giggle:)

Attachments

• snowball.jpg
    snowball.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 45
I have a border collie/ springer mix.
There was several dumb things she did.. When we head over to the lake, ohh water, she crys and one time my bro left the window open in our old mini van, and she JUMPED out of that window, while the van moving. If I close my door at night, and she LOVES to sleep in the middle of my door way, and, ofc I can't see in the dark at nite, cuz my contacts just adjects my eyes alittle.. anyway, so i open it and I trip over her and she lifts her head and gives me a evil eye. Grr.. Several times, when I leave home for camp, friends house sleepover, or the lake, and she misses me and guess where she goes? My bedroom, on my bed giving my mom or dad the "sad eyes"..
Now she's becoming deaf (almost) and a little blind. Well this annoys me, she HOWLS, Barks, Howls, howls, NONSTOP until we get attention from her.. Annoys me.. Sometimes I have to "tell her to, SHUTUP" she does but she goes back to howling in a minute later. :)
I love her. She pretty much get my attention that the doorbell is ringing, or someone is outside, she comes and find me and barks, and I have to follow her where she heard the noise..

Our cats Conan (mine) and Oreo (hubby's) knows I'm deaf because after a long while of pacing back they realized that I'm not responding to them like my hearing husband does and I wasn't wearing my hearing aids then... so, when I'm on my chair they would use both paws and push it against my thigh and meow right at my face. It's like they want me to read their lips. Loud and clear boys... MEOW back! pftttt! 'Course I knew what they want... they're hungry!

Especially with Oreo (hubby's cat) and he's a pain in the ass, but cute! On weekends hubby doesn't get right up in the morning so he sleeps later, but Oreo doesn't accept that. He's so persisant that he wants to be fed, but hubby just ignores him. Then he'd go to me, but problem is that I can't hear him. Know what Oreo does? He gets off the bed then jump as high as he can then *poof!* either right on my tummy or my back. I'd go Urgh!! WTF?! Crikey... damn cat... *grumbles* LOL

I just love 'em even they can be a pain in the ass. :D

Hummmmmm few things. My first cat, October, he knows I am deaf. So one day I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. He was sitting on the floor in the hallway and looking at the front door so I figure it was my sister at the door cuz I had to go to court. Sadly he passed away. I missed him dearly.

My dog Tiny Boy, he loves cheese. Everytime I goes to fridge to get cheese, he would be on his hind legs and his front paws together to please give me some cheese.

My other cat, Dottie, when the phone rang and my flasher flashed and Dottie would run passed me and jump up to my computer desk to look at it. She is letting me know that the phone is ring. Sometimes I forgot to plug the flasher back on and she will do that when the phone ring.

Pomeranian said:
My other cat, Dottie, when the phone rang and my flasher flashed and Dottie would run passed me and jump up to my computer desk to look at it. She is letting me know that the phone is ring. Sometimes I forgot to plug the flasher back on and she will do that when the phone ring.

Oh, shat! I nearly forgot about the flashers, damn the flashers! All the dogs I've had would always run with me to the fackin' flasher and when the flasher goes off, I would run to the TTY. The dogs would run with me. Damn dogs think it's a game! "Let's beat her to the TTY!" Damn dogs always nearly trip me to the TTY and I have tripped over them and fell hard to the floor. Fehk, thank gawd for "Call Display" so I can call the person back.

I had a Siamese cat named Suki years ago (dead now) and was smart as a whip! in fact, i thought he was the smartest cat i ever had!..apparently he knew that my exhusband and i are deaf, so everytime the phone rings, he would run and knock the receiver off! i mean every time it rings!! my parents saw that one time and they were just stunned and flabergasted!! asked me if we taught him that, i said noooo ..never did! he just did it on his own!

Back