Sleeping Passenger locked inside dark plane

definitely twilight zone time!

The scary thing is that it could happen--very negligent service.

They don't lock the cockpit? Well, another reason to be worried.

I wonder if the plane could be started , that would be scary I a person tried to fly the plane .

I wonder if the plane could be started , that would be scary I a person tried to fly the plane .

I wouldn't dare touch the cockpit... for one, it probably is a crime and secondly, I wouldn't want to make the plane do something that I won't be able to control and end up hurting myself or others.

From my understanding, the cockpit is always locked from the rest of the plane.

yea when pilots are inside and ready to fly but since this plane was "parked" at some hangar.... there's no reason to lock a cockpit since the exterior doors are locked.... unless there's a standard procedure requiring that all doors must be locked at all times.....

I wouldn't dare touch the cockpit... for one, it probably is a crime and secondly, I wouldn't want to make the plane do something that I won't be able to control and end up hurting myself or others.

yea but I just wanna sit :lol:

I definitely won't touch anything except a seat

He was released half an hour later.

Only because a crew came back to the plane and the crew was surprise to see the guy in the plane. A half hour locked up in a dark plane may not sound long to you , it could had felt long to the guy.

yea when pilots are inside and ready to fly but since this plane was "parked" at some hangar.... there's no reason to lock a cockpit since the exterior doors are locked.... unless there's a standard procedure requiring that all doors must be locked at all times.....

Maybe after 9 11 the procedure where changes.

The guy has a great story to tell his family and friends for years to come!

The guy has a great story to tell his family and friends for years to come!

His g/f did not believe him at first when he called her . That guy is a very heavy sleeper, he will need to made sure get a seat where people will see him if fly again. I always worried about falling on the train or subway and missing my stop.

the plane was locked in the first place.

aircraft exterior doors do not " Lock" and; they CANNOT be opened in flight when aircraft is pressurized.

cockpit doors do lock, but can be opened by key or code unless crew inside locked out ability to open door with code or by Key.

you don't need a key to start aircraft, just need know how start APU, then tranfer bleed air to engines, at % rpm add fuel, engines are started...

the guy could not have been locked inside plane... all he had to do was open the door... however careful if door isn't "disarmed" you can fire the escape slides.

aircraft exterior doors do not " Lock" and; they CANNOT be opened in flight when aircraft is pressurized.

cockpit doors do lock, but can be opened by key or code unless crew inside locked out ability to open door with code or by Key.

you don't need a key to start aircraft, just need know how start APU, then tranfer bleed air to engines, at % rpm add fuel, engines are started...

the guy could not have been locked inside plane... all he had to do was open the door... however careful if door isn't "disarmed" you can fire the escape slides.

that's what I thought so. there's no key to lock a door in planes like you do to cars. but technically - the door was locked... or "closed" but I guess the guy just didn't know how to open the door. just pull the handle and turn it counter-clockwise and then push the door opened.

that's what I thought so. there's no key to lock a door in planes like you do to cars. but technically - the door was locked... or "closed" but I guess the guy just didn't know how to open the door. just pull the handle and turn it counter-clockwise and then push the door opened.

Maybe he can't see very well inside the dark area.

just prove never be full secruity...plenty of time slap bit of sugar and garden fertilizer around altho garden fertilizer problematic it can be done ....i think cabin staff need more training

different aircraft doors open different ways... 737 you turn the handle and push door out, to open and pull it to close then turn handle the 767 you lift the arm (handle) up to open down to close...777 & 757 I can't recall how they open right now... I just never think about it.. I open them so much it 2nd nature to me.. like you opening a car door...

you do have to make sure escape slide is disarmed on MD-80, 737 before opening door from inside or outside. the 777 / 757 / 767 won't fire slide if door is opened from outside, but will if door open from inside if it isn't "disarmed" first.

It may had been a good thing he did not open the door , a security guard might had thought the guy was planting a bomb and tried to shoot him .

Back