Six Flags and Weight

darkangel8603

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to go to six flag in bufflao with 4 of my friends, but i am a bit nervous cuz i am overweight and i don't want to be embrassed when i go on the ride and they wont let me on cuz i amd to fat. So i am wondering if any of you went to six flag before and seen anything about the weight limit etc

darkangel8603 said:
I am planning a trip to go to six flag in bufflao with 4 of my friends, but i am a bit nervous cuz i am overweight and i don't want to be embrassed when i go on the ride and they wont let me on cuz i amd to fat. So i am wondering if any of you went to six flag before and seen anything about the weight limit etc
hey u are not only one... i am overweight and i did embrassed myself front ppl.. so i decided not go there six flags again.. just ride alike splash and water..

darkangel8603 said:
I have problems, too. They shortened the seatbelts on Superman at Six Flags New England and I no longer can fit. Oh well, I have a new job where I am not sitting on my ass 24/7 and on my feet, so between that and smart eating, I should be able to start going again next year.

Right now there is a mandate on plus sized thrill seekers of all height and weight.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/3326412/detail.html

Cedar Point has a mandate for plus sized thrill seekers whereas Six Flags in New England does right now. A man was killed in Six Flags, New England after he fell out of his seat. Kings' Island does have a demo seat for you to sit on to avoid embarrasment.

However it is only Cedar Point that I know of. Believe me, I do share with your nervousness because being plus sized, no one likes to be mocked or laughed at. I haven't been on a roller coaster in ages so have fun for me, please!! :giggle:

Always remember this.. if they mock you, it is their issue, not yours.

Wow! They did that to you? Geesh!

I agree with Cookie Monster, That's their issue if they make fun of you. :hug:

Well, I had alittle problem with my son Jordan, But not about weight but about his height he is 42 inches tall, and my nephew whom is 5 the same age as my son, He is 46 inches. Well, When we went on two rides the bumper cars and the Glizzy Bear, the person told me that my son Jordan wasn't allow to ride the rides because he is short, My son was upset. He asked me why can't I go and Tyler can? I said hon, You too little right now maybe next time. I felt so bad because he was sad and watching his cousin having the time of his life on the rides. I found it un-fair because I paid the same amount of money on Jordan as Tyler. I felt that they need to change the price for under 42 inches shouldn't be the same as under 46 inches because they don't ride the same amount of rides.

Cheri said:
Wow! They did that to you? Geesh!

I agree with Cookie Monster, That's their issue if they make fun of you. :hug:

Well, I had alittle problem with my son Jordan, But not about weight but about his height he is 42 inches tall, and my nephew whom is 5 the same age as my son, He is 46 inches. Well, When we went on two rides the bumper cars and the Glizzy Bear, the person told me that my son Jordan wasn't allow to ride the rides because he is short, My son was upset. He asked me why can't I go and Tyler can? I said hon, You too little right now maybe next time. I felt so bad because he was sad and watching his cousin having the time of his life on the rides. I found it un-fair because I paid the same amount of money on Jordan as Tyler. I felt that they need to change the price for under 42 inches shouldn't be the same as under 46 inches because they don't ride the same amount of rides.
yea true, if people have health plms, cant ride so they should not price too much.. need less price.. not fair them!!!

cookie monster... good statement of your speech! Why, I like to say Thank you!

HEY EVERYONES WHO BIG CHUBBY OR FAT OR WHA...EVER LET'S BLAST RIDE'EM ROLLER COASTER.. am I look'n big ?? who cares.. I'm happy and anything want ride'em *wink*

Perfect place at Cedar Point... *whistle*~ :whistle: Wanna meet me AD'ers... :D

Hey DarkAngel.. if you wanna go Cedar point on August 5th to stay overnight at OHIO campsite... next morning *VARRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOM* RIDE'EM ALL ROLLER COASTER... If u like to... come over here my place.. Interest??? poke me!

Exactly, those who do really make fun of other people's sizes do have major issues about themselves and that is why they feel the need to find easy targets to pick on. Thin people go after big people because thin people sometimes feel they are not pretty so they go after big people with beautiful smiles, wonderful personalities and the thin people have to make fun of that to make themselves feel better. Don't allow that person to steal your self esteem. Only you allow for your self esteem to be tossed away. :)

Cookie Monster said:
Exactly, those who do really make fun of other people's sizes do have major issues about themselves and that is why they feel the need to find easy targets to pick on. Thin people go after big people because thin people sometimes feel they are not pretty so they go after big people with beautiful smiles, wonderful personalities and the thin people have to make fun of that to make themselves feel better. Don't allow that person to steal your self esteem. Only you allow for your self esteem to be tossed away. :)

*beautiful cry* Love it.. your attudies!

er um.. r u coming down for cedar point and bring yer gf along there too? *Bent my knee down* pretty please.... :fingersx:

Bullym0m said:
*beautiful cry* Love it.. your attudies!

er um.. r u coming down for cedar point and bring yer gf along there too? *Bent my knee down* pretty please.... :fingersx:

We are thinking about it! :)

Six Flags don't care if people are overweightly but u need be careful to watch out the seat, it can be very tight. :(

TweetyBird said:
hey u are not only one... i am overweight and i did embrassed myself front ppl.. so i decided not go there six flags again.. just ride alike splash and water..

You need go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. :3some:

My roommate had that trouble at Great America 6 Flags in Santa Clara, Calif. It was due to his height (6 feet and 6inches) and weight, combined. He did talk to officials afterwards about it and he received a refund, lol.

Darkangel,

You are not the only one because it did happened to me before when I was overweight (I'm losing some weights now) I was embarassed because everybody were stared at me, but I don't care if they looks at me because I can find other rides that will fit me. Mostly I usually go to water rides or regular rides instead of high rides. Don't be unhappy when you go there, just have fun and enjoy your day :)

bullymom, it sounds great, but how will i get there? i have no ride lol.. i only have g1.. Hmm, lets see if i can figure out a way hehe..

I went to Six Flags over Texas yesterday and was suprised to find some of the seats were rather narrow. My butt isn't exactly tiny, but I don't think it is larger than the norm either. Basically, if you arent comfortable in an airline seat, you definately won't be comfortable (or even able to squeeze into) one of the seats for the rides at Six Flags.

I also went to Knott's Berry Farm in Anaheim, CA recently (owned by Cedar Point) and was outraged to see them throw a man off of the "Silver Bullet" (only ride in the park worth riding) because he was too large (not even what I would refer to as obese) too fit properly in the harness. How embarrassing!

Of course, they also kicked my step-kids off a ride because they were too SKINNY for the harness to fit properly (eventhough they met the height requirements for the ride and had stood in line for over an hour to ride the ride). Needless to say, we won't be going back to Knott's Berry Farm ever again.

I would contact the park office and ask if there are any weight requirements or the size of seating on most rides. This may give you an idea of whether you want to chance it or not before any embarassment occurs.

Eve! You were here!? We are not 45 minutes from Knott's in Anaheim!

Dang 2c, I shoulda told ya ahead of time. We drove down to Riverside and spent a week in CA. Went to Disneyland, California Disney, and Knott's (that was a mistake). Stayed at the Lake Perris State Park.

Eve, I mighta been in Hawaii--left June 14th and came back June 28th.....and been busier than the dickens ever since.....

Back