Singer Amy Winehouse dead at 27

alcohol was recently found that it doesn't kill brain cells after all.

"The scientists point out that alcohol isn’t causing blackouts by killing neurons. Instead, the steroids interfere with synaptic plasticity to impair LTP and memory formation.

"Alcohol isn't damaging the cells in any way that we can detect," Zorumski says. "As a matter of fact, even at the high levels we used here, we don't see any changes in how the brain cells communicate. You still process information. You're not anesthetized. You haven't passed out. But you’re not forming new memories."

Stress on the hippocampal cells also can block memory formation. So can consumption of other drugs. When combined, alcohol and certain other drugs are much more likely to cause blackouts than either substance alone."

The biology behind alcohol-induced blackouts | R&D Mag

She looked good before but now...wtf just happened?

amywinehouse1-751727.jpg

That's what I want to know! :shock:

They should be able to "Baker Act" people that are like that. Self destructive. No different than people saying they are going to commit suicide.

GOD she litterly wasted away.

Those pictures are scary. The before and after -- what a vast difference! She looked so much healthier, prettier in the left picture than in the right picture.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

We all battle our own demons. Most of us just happen to be addicted to something else. Food or our bodies, shopping, approval, work, etc.

It's highly likely that Amy was also eating disordered and using drugs to cope with that. I saw a photo somewhere that clearly showed her to be emaciated. Drugs can cause this, though, as can an ED.

So very sad. :(

I thought you were excited because of the exclamation points.

It's kind of funny you say that because I always debate back and forth before I use an exclamation mark. Sometimes it translates differently in text, and while I want to add emphasis or excitement sometimes, I become concerned about it appearing overly eager. I tend to not use them more often than I use them though.

RIP Amy Winehouse. If this isn't an Inspiration for people to stay away from drugs, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
Back a few years ago I could hear her music using quiet room and large amplified head phones. I really liked her sultry voice and smooth rhythms. I am glad that her Rehab song lyrics were posted.
She was a talented yet troubled young woman. I hope that her music legacy will be remembered and lessons learned from her untimely demise from drugs/alcohold or such. Poor thin thing.

It's kind of funny you say that because I always debate back and forth before I use an exclamation mark. Sometimes it translates differently in text, and while I want to add emphasis or excitement sometimes, I become concerned about it appearing overly eager. I tend to not use them more often than I use them though.
In general, exclamation points are way overused in posts and emails. In journalistic and scholastic writing it's never used except in direct quotes.

If it's a statement that you want to SHOUT! then use the exclamation. Otherwise, it's too much. :)

RIP Amy Winehouse. If this isn't an Inspiration for people to stay away from drugs, I don't know what is.
Sadly, it probably won't keep people away from drugs. The drug and alcohol related deaths of other young celebrities didn't.

In general, exclamation points are way overused in posts and emails. In journalistic and scholastic writing it's never used except in direct quotes.

If it's a statement that you want to SHOUT! then use the exclamation. Otherwise, it's too much. :)

I agree. I try hard not to use it. Only when I really need to make a POINT! :)

There are some people that way overuse it. I'm not sure why.

The results will not be ready until Oct.! I read on this line!

Again.... I will say the autopy report was inconclusive. So I am not wrong.

The cause of Amy Winehouse's death will remain a mystery for at least another fortnight as autopsy results found Monday were inconclusive.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Metropolitan Police will investigate her death, which was given a "Section 20" postmortem, which means they have reason to believe the death was violent or suspicious. That being said, it was earlier Monday reported that police did not find any reason for suspicion.

The inquest, as the investigation is known, is being closed until October 26th so that investigators can look into the death; toxicology test results are expected in 2-4 weeks.

They will continue to investigate the death. And the Toxicology test results will be expected in 2-4 weeks.

:roll: Think, before you try to correct others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/25/amy-winehouse-autopsy-inconclusive_n_908743.html

Back