Sin City: A Dame to Kill For info, cast, & release date discussion

JMH

Reaction score
I've created a new thread mainly focus on new Sin City movie which some of us hijacked a thread: http://www.alldeaf.com/movies-books-tv-media/106857-favorite-movie-quote.html

I just saw updated on movie as Joseph Gordon-Levitt joined Sin City as a new character. I've heard that Frank Miller mentioned a while ago that they are changing a bit on story from comic. I guess Joseph's character is part of a change story.

Dennis Haysbert is going to take the role that Michael Clarke Duncan had in first Sin City. You probably know him from 24 as president or Allstate insurance commericals. I thought its excellent choice.

Source: Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins 'Sin City' sequel - MSN Movies News

Cool idea...I know who Levitt is but not sure how I feel about him as an actor. The other guy I don't know. I don't watch too much TV to know the American actors...I hope the story still has impact. Changing it always gives me mixed feelings....Still feel horrible about two actors from the main cast dying too young....what a loss for family and fans.

Laura

I personally feel like Levitt is one of the greatest actors of our generation.
He's been getting a monster load of major roles in blockbuster-size films, which he deserves, but personally Im partial to his indie stuff. I.E. Brick, Mysterious Skin, etc.

I actually liked Levitt in 3rd Rock from Sun TV series and Inception. I thought he did great job in Looper.

As for Dennis Haysbert - he would be a perfect for the character and I cannot think any other better that can fill in MCD's character.

I haven't heard who is taking Brittany Murphy's place as the waitress. IMDB showing Alexa Vega (Spy Kids) is going to appear and no mention what character she is playing - I wonder if Alexa is taking that role?

I wonder if Clive Owens will shave his head (his character showed bald in A Dame to Kill For). lol

I actually liked Levitt in 3rd Rock from Sun TV series and Inception. I thought he did great job in Looper.

As for Dennis Haysbert - he would be a perfect for the character and I cannot think any other better that can fill in MCD's character.

I haven't heard who is taking Brittany Murphy's place as the waitress. IMDB showing Alexa Vega (Spy Kids) is going to appear and no mention what character she is playing - I wonder if Alexa is taking that role?

I wonder if Clive Owens will shave his head (his character showed bald in A Dame to Kill For). lol

Clive I love...but Levitt, I can't get beyond his Scientology soap box....it's like no one in Hollywood can exist without a Click.....

Laura

I don't think Clive is going to be in A Dame To Kill For. I heard a rumour Dwight was going to be played by Josh Brolin.........I think.

Wow, you're correct whiskeyonesix. It surprised me! It was on news few days ago and I missed it! :(

Josh Brolin Joins Cast Of 'Sin City: A Dame To Kill For'

The article explained why the Dwight looks different from 2005 movie. I got to read the graphic book again. :)

They also added Chris Meloni to Sin City cast:

Chris Meloni Joins Sin City: A Dame to Kill For | Horror Movie, DVD, & Book Reviews, News, Interviews at Dread Central

So far, they have casted:

Jessica Alba as Nancy Callahan
Jamie Chung as Miho
Alexa Vega n/a
Rosario Dawson as Gail
Mickey Rourke as Marv
Josh Brolin as Dwight McCarthy
Jaime King as Wendy
Michael Madsen as Bob
Dennis Haysbert as Manute
Chris Meloni as one of cop

One article mentioned that Jamie King has already completed her role as Wendy/Goldie. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For is Already Finished with Jamie King | ComicBook.com

Here we go.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIFqHn_Ul0M]Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - Official Trailer - The Weinstein Company - YouTube[/ame]

Back