Signing

Yadriel

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Xela.

So, I've been learning ASL for the past year with no one to help me nor correct me. I'm not deaf but my hearing is poor. I'm mostly learning because of my Anxiety, when I'm anxious or just uncomfortable or upset I stop talking. Not really purposely but talking when I'm anxious is worse for my Anxiety since it makes me feel even worse.:redface:

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with ASL, I do not have Skype nor glide however, I use Google Hangouts.

Welp, have a nice day and God bless y'all.

So, I've been learning ASL for the past year with no one to help me nor correct me. I'm not deaf but my hearing is poor. I'm mostly learning because of my Anxiety, when I'm anxious or just uncomfortable or upset I stop talking. Not really purposely but talking when I'm anxious is worse for my Anxiety since it makes me feel even worse.:redface:

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me with ASL, I do not have Skype nor glide however, I use Google Hangouts.

I attend as many groups as I can that practice asl. Improves your receptive skills. Do you have a local class you attend? Asking if others are interested in forming a group to practice with is a good way to get started i think...

I attend as many groups as I can that practice asl. Improves your receptive skills. Do you have a local class you attend? Asking if others are interested in forming a group to practice with is a good way to get started i think...

Yes I've thought of this, there are no local classes that i've found. Also there's not many people I know who are interested. Just some friends but they honestly try relying on me to teach them.
Frankly even if I found some classes I would have no way to get there.
On weekends when I go bowling with my dad there's a deaf and mute league, I would go to one of them a ask if any of them would be willing to help me with ASL... The problem with that is my father despises me learning ASL so he would never let me when carry a conversation in ASL much less ask someone to help teach me..

Yes I've thought of this, there are no local classes that i've found. Also there's not many people I know who are interested. Just some friends but they honestly try relying on me to teach them.
Frankly even if I found some classes I would have no way to get there.
On weekends when I go bowling with my dad there's a deaf and mute league, I would go to one of them a ask if any of them would be willing to help me with ASL... The problem with that is my father despises me learning ASL so he would never let me when carry a conversation in ASL much less ask someone to help teach me..
Mute?

I know this feeling. I was raised oral and when I get nervous or anxious I find it harder to talk. I do make my husband talk a lot for me, which helps haha

It's kinda a league this group of friends made. A few of them are deaf while I think only two are mute. One of the mutes is able to speak but is impaired and just altogether stopped after a while. Prefers being mute. They're all friends and all decided to form a league together. But yes Mute.

I really hope u see this soon but I can try to help you

It's because of the excitement. And the excitement, in turn, is generated by the desire to be accepted by another person.

hi. i have google hangouts as well and id be willing to. i understand. i felt this way when i was losing my hearing but when i was not deaf yet but i was also in a hearing school in a hearing family as well. so nothing really worked. my family couldve moved me young enough to a deaf school but refused to. either or its the past. i never truly got over the anxiety of asl honestly however i desperately need to use it a lot more often than i do. i want to practice with people more.

Back