Signing exact English (SEE) Resources

Wow...I really don't quite know what to reply to your diatribe, but I will try, and be mannerly, too. first of all, I need to determine the reason(s) you are so defensive about what I communicate. Is there some internal hate for hearing people? Rude? Indeed, you have no real reason to call me "rude". I have been about as open and genteel as humanly possible. so I deduce that you have a "chip on your shoulder", especially toward other viewpoints. Incidentally, I have a corpulent cat, 25 pounds. I see that you have "lot of experience" of dealing with "hearing people". Interesting, I have had a lot of experience with both deaf, HoH and hearing people and I do not think less of any of them than you seemingly do of me. If you lived in this area, you would find (firsthand) that most of our local deaf (sadly) are unemployed and living on welfare.
That is NOT something I would wish on any of them, but facts are facts. I do agree, that in large towns like Dallas, Austin, Houston, the deaf fare better, have better jobs and have access to better services. Not so 75 miles from the Metromess. The deaf ed program is a failure and the economy under Obama and the Czars does not help. Maybe I need to send some of these reading at 2nd to 4th grade English your way. You just might change your tune, but I doubt it. SK HH

Wow...I really don't quite know what to reply to your diatribe, but I will try, and be mannerly, too. first of all, I need to determine the reason(s) you are so defensive about what I communicate. Is there some internal hate for hearing people? Rude? Indeed, you have no real reason to call me "rude". I have been about as open and genteel as humanly possible. so I deduce that you have a "chip on your shoulder", especially toward other viewpoints. Incidentally, I have a corpulent cat, 25 pounds. I see that you have "lot of experience" of dealing with "hearing people". Interesting, I have had a lot of experience with both deaf, HoH and hearing people and I do not think less of any of them than you seemingly do of me. If you lived in this area, you would find (firsthand) that most of our local deaf (sadly) are unemployed and living on welfare.
That is NOT something I would wish on any of them, but facts are facts. I do agree, that in large towns like Dallas, Austin, Houston, the deaf fare better, have better jobs and have access to better services. Not so 75 miles from the Metromess. The deaf ed program is a failure and the economy under Obama and the Czars does not help. Maybe I need to send some of these reading at 2nd to 4th grade English your way. You just might change your tune, but I doubt it. SK HH

Who are you talking to?

Hey...You started this cat fight by one of your earlier posts. If you didn't like my "tongue in cheek" response to your most critical remarks, then all I can say, Lead, Follow or Get Out of the WAY! No one is paying you to castigate me on a personal basis and because you disagree with me. Find someone else with whom to pick a fight. SK HH

Mr. Brodie.. might I inquire, all debating aside - what brings you to be ever so passionate in regards to both the forum and this topic?

Tousi, his last response towards KristinaB's previous message. The guy is not so proficient in using the features on a forum so I guess that explains it.

Who are you talking to?

He's referring to me. It seems that I am not one to be able to communicate with him, so I am out of here. He is just too rude and outspoken for the like of me. I will take my kind, gentle self to a better thread and leave the Ham's to themselves.

Hey...You started this cat fight by one of your earlier posts. If you didn't like my "tongue in cheek" response to your most critical remarks, then all I can say, Lead, Follow or Get Out of the WAY! No one is paying you to castigate me on a personal basis and because you disagree with me. Find someone else with whom to pick a fight. SK HH

Who? Me or KristinaB?

:confused:

Mr. Brodie.. might I inquire, all debating aside - what brings you to be ever so passionate in regards to both the forum and this topic?

Tousi, his last response towards KristinaB's previous message. The guy is not so proficient in using the features on a forum so I guess that explains it.

Who is Mr. Brodie?

There is nothing so educating as an intelligent debate but the atmosphere here seems to be a bit tilted to the status quo. I do appreciate the give and take, I find it stimulating AND I never take anything said as being personal UNLESS it was meant to be personal. I have clearly delineated my background and (if any) credentials after 40 years of contending against the ingrained status quo in deaf education. I expected some good reparte, but not the acrimony, the closed mindedness and vitriol from some of the audience. It seems apparent that anything contra to some is a cause celeb for verbal fisticuffs. Here it is not only "fair" to kill the message but to kill the messenger. I guess only the "long accepted", right or wrong, prevails. May I now be hung with a new rope? SK HH

That's me, Hammond Ham. I don't mind giving out my true name, especially if asked. He probably looked me up under my amateur radio call, K5ZYZ. I think I saw him, in an earlier blog, mentioning something to do with amateur radio. The Hammond came from my having several Hammond organs and the Ham from my association with "ham" radio (50 years). I receive e-mail at "hammond_ham@juno.com". SK HH

There is nothing so educating as an intelligent debate but the atmosphere here seems to be a bit tilted to the status quo. I do appreciate the give and take, I find it stimulating AND I never take anything said as being personal UNLESS it was meant to be personal. I have clearly delineated my background and (if any) credentials after 40 years of contending against the ingrained status quo in deaf education. I expected some good reparte, but not the acrimony, the closed mindedness and vitriol from some of the audience. It seems apparent that anything contra to some is a cause celeb for verbal fisticuffs. Here it is not only "fair" to kill the message but to kill the messenger. I guess only the "long accepted", right or wrong, prevails. May I now be hung with a new rope? SK HH

Who do you consider as having the status quo in deaf education?

Hey, everyone, It is time for the local TV news and weather. See y'all manana. Maybe a good night of sleep will have you wake up in a better mood. SK HH

FYI, they (the deaf ed system) has fought, tooth, toe-nail and claw, against any and every new idea or thought since "forever(?)", or as long as I can remember. They fought digital HAs, CIs, new methodologies pertaining to education and when the CC decoders came out, the griped to the high heavens that the "words were too hard and went too fast". I was in TV at that time. CIs made the wearer into "hearing people". SEE1/MSS was fought, as was Cued Speech and others.There has been a (not so) holy war against anything, anyone, who proposed or touted something new. Some have found "something wrong" with most everything and have been negative to the core. Now you have my answer and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks for asking. SK HH

FYI, they (the deaf ed system) has fought, tooth, toe-nail and claw, against any and every new idea or thought since "forever(?)", or as long as I can remember. They fought digital HAs, CIs, new methodologies pertaining to education and when the CC decoders came out, the griped to the high heavens that the "words were too hard and went too fast". I was in TV at that time. CIs made the wearer into "hearing people". SEE1/MSS was fought.There has been a (not so) holy war against anything, anyone, who proposed or touted something new. Some have found "something wrong" with most everything and have been negative to the core. Now you have my answer and I'm sticking to it.
Thanks for asking. SK HH

I guess that would be hearing people since they always had control over the deaf ed system.

HH - you do understand the purpose of "sksk" right ??

It's rather redundant to finish a post with sk.

One thing that would be of great value however would be to note who you are responding to, either by name, or by use of quotes ... unless you're intent is to simply lash out at, disrespect, and be rude in a "general manner" to all whom have preceded you?

Since you're new here ... a lot of use are giving you a LOT of slack, however you're being rather presumptuous about the intelligence, education, and views of the hearing, hoh and deaf people here.

Many of us, including myself grew up using SEE (I or II) to some degree... that some of us have elected to use another mode of communication (namely the language of ASL) instead of using an awkward manual English - is frankly our choice, and should be respected by anyone who has any respect whatsoever for Hoh and d/Deaf people in general. This choice in language usage is just as valid as one choosing to use Spanish, German, French, Cree etc. as one's primary language and in know way indicates that the user is of lower intelligence.

If the "juvenile" comment was directed at me (again, who knows unless you bother to direct your comments accordingly)...
As someone who is both College and University educated (3.99GPA), is multilingual (even excluding ASL) and is well respected in my various fields of both work (I actaully worked in the music industry professionally as a classical musician, repair technician, and engineer - mixing and mastering for more than15years) and study (theology, linguistics, acoustics, music etc)... I find it interesting that someone such as yourself so easily writes individuals off as "juvenile" etc ... this assessment says much more about you, than it does about myself.

I'm confused as to how one moment you value my posts etc and want me to accept you as a friend of mine ... and the next you're accusing me of not being worth talking with, juvenile, uneducated etc ?... you must realize that comes across as rather unstable on your part?

If you don't like ASLers, you only respect SEE users (I can use SEE fluently, I just elect not to because I prefer ASL when signing), you have little respect for people who've been here for a decade or more ... honestly you should really evaluate it you'd be happier somewhere else, somewhere that more closely relates to your specific mind-set regarding deafness.

Wirelessly posted

HH, do you realize you may have miss out so much about the new progarms? Ever heard of ASLE, baby sign language, Bi-Bi progarms, and another effective progarms?

Cos you only have 40 years of your experience, studies, and etc etc, which is so old news. Now, it is 2010. There is the new improvement for deaf and hard of hearing. It look like you miss something.

EDIT: Oh, and have you heard of Sweden that have the high success for deaf and hard of hearing students by few languages?

Last edited:
Reba.....You must have been sent by GOD! What a pleasure to find you involved with SEE1/MSS. I am friend of both David Anthony and with Dr. Wanda Milburn of the Amarillo (TX) ISD. In the late 70's and until our 2 deaf kids were out of school, and since, I have maintained contact with both David and Wanda. While David has (bitterly) dropped out of further development, Wanda and her team continue to refine and develop MSS. You may e-mail me at "hammond_ham@juno.com" for more information. God bless. SK HH
:confused:

HH:

When you want to reply to a post, please click on the "Quote" icon on the lower right corner of that post. Type your response within the window that opens. That will lessen the confusion as to whom you are replying.

Back