Votes: 9 18.4%
  • SEE/MCE

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • None, just oral communication

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters

Seattle.guy

Reaction score
What type of sign language do you use? Answer the poll question.

I voted based on which I often use with Deaf people. There are not many "D"eaf people so their SEE signs pulled me down to PSE.

If you have done a poll to say: "Which you PREFER to use"-- I will put down pureASL, no question.

I voted for PSE.

I don't care for ASL. If I try to communicate myself in ASL I always end up confusing myself! I'm more english/PSE. ASL is just NOT my language. I think in English, not ASL.

ASL. I can do PSE and a few MCEs, but I prefer ASL.

Could'a made it multiple choice -- that way I could have selected more than one.

I cant vote them

I use ASL and See

when with deaf ppl I do asl but some with english too. My mom when I sign to her that I use See. and my 2nd sister mix asl and english but mostly use my voice with family. :)

For me i'm mixed with ASL, NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) signs... but right now im rusty with ASL unless im very tired... back to ASL. Or sometimes i used ASL signs as well and people looked at me like huh? *chuckles*

~SG~ said:
For me i'm mixed with ASL, NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) signs... but right now im rusty with ASL unless im very tired... back to ASL. Or sometimes i used ASL signs as well and people looked at me like huh? *chuckles*

did in New Zealand said huh? cause of your ASL?? LOL

DeafMonkey said:
did in New Zealand said huh? cause of your ASL?? LOL

Yep some are like wtf! heh, but very few Deaf people in NZ knows some ASL. LOL

I use both ASL and Pidgin... After growing up in both worlds, That's what I get for signing both. I prefer using ASL, There's no question to that but I do and can sign english as well. I'm more comfortable using ASL though but I am flexible to communicate in other type of sign languages.

I grew up using SEE... then when I was 14, I decided to go to the school for deaf and I learned ASL. I was sooooooo lost that first year! LOL Lucky, I had a couple of friends I knew before moving there, that really taught me a lot... I was always following them and asking them what does that mean??

Now, I use PSE with hearing people since I use my voice, but I use PURE ASL with deaf friends.

Back