Siemens Nitro w/miniTek

LindaBob

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am trying out the Siemens Nitro Nitro Behind-the-Ear (BTE) Hearing Aids - Siemens Hearing Instruments

So far, for me, it is far superior to my Phonak Naída. The sound quality is just better. I understand more rather than just hearing annoying noise.

So the question, has anyone been able to pair the miniTek to a windows 7 64bit laptop?

I am having issues there. It appears to pair, all is well but you can't control it without getting an error. I've seen other posts about the same issue.... miniTEK problems

[FONT=&quot]Siemens Hearing Instruments is certainly concerned over any issues you are experiencing with your hearing instruments. We must first ensure that your hearing instruments have been programmed/configured with the miniTek transmitter for Bluetooth and television usage by your hearing care provider[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We can assist by speaking with the hearing care provider offering technical support. They are welcome to contact us on your behalf. We have a staff of trained audiologists on call to speak directly with professionals, and they are welcome to contact us so that we may offer our assistance from a manufacturing standpoint[/FONT]

So the Siemens is pretty good. I can hear things I never knew about. Still it's not perfect but it works. Really, my perfect world would be me being perfectly fluent in ASL (I am on but not as good as grow up deaf - me deaf at 20) and everyone in my family could sign.

So the Siemens is pretty good. I can hear things I never knew about. Still it's not perfect but it works. Really, my perfect world would be me being perfectly fluent in ASL (I am on but not as good as grow up deaf - me deaf at 20) and everyone in my family could sign.

Wouldn't lip reading be better? Reading lips with the hearing aids are more practical in the real world. If I'm in a situation where I'm not hearing that well with the aids, lip reading gets me through. Sometimes!

That is how I get by but it ain't perfect ;-)

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Hey guys,

I am trying out the Siemens Nitro Nitro Behind-the-Ear (BTE) Hearing Aids - Siemens Hearing Instruments

So far, for me, it is far superior to my Phonak Naída. The sound quality is just better. I understand more rather than just hearing annoying noise.

So the question, has anyone been able to pair the miniTek to a windows 7 64bit laptop?

I am having issues there. It appears to pair, all is well but you can't control it without getting an error. I've seen other posts about the same issue.... miniTEK problems

I have a mini-tek that I never tried to pair up to my windows 7/ 64 bit computer. Now I'm curious.

Wouldn't lip reading be better? Reading lips with the hearing aids are more practical in the real world. If I'm in a situation where I'm not hearing that well with the aids, lip reading gets me through Sometimes!

Whole point is you are supplementing hearing with lipreading.

That only works if you have a lot of residual hearing.

Doesn't work very well if you are deaf.

Absolutely not true!!!

Hearing loss runs in my family, it is a hereditary problem.

When I was born my mother was HOF, she was using a hearing aid. By the time I was 7 she had gone totally deaf. Before she had gone totally deaf she got into lip reading.

For the last 50 years that's how she has been getting along, with lip reading. My mother became such a good lip reader that during the years there were several people who spoke with her that didn't even realize that she was deaf.

My mother is the one who encouraged me to get into lip reading. When I'm out with my friends and/or family, at holiday functions, weddings or other social events, when I'm running errands, grocery shopping, shopping at a mall, going to the bank, going to the doctor, lip reading is critical because no one in these circumstances is using ASL.

In my case because I can hear some with my hearing aid, with the lip reading it's almost like I can hear better.

My advice is to get into lip reading as well as ASL. Whether you're totally deaf or use hearing aids lip reading is a plus.

@Chase, sure I use speech reading. Have always. My grandmother and mother were the same as me... start out hoh, end up mostly deaf. I supplement speech reading with the sounds I do hear (+ whatever closure skills I have). If I don't use my HAs I can't speech read as well. For me.... I only can use speech reading to fill in the blanks. But I certainly can't hear if I can't see!

@Chase, sure I use speech reading. Have always. My grandmother and mother were the same as me... start out hoh, end up mostly deaf. I supplement speech reading with the sounds I do hear (+ whatever closure skills I have). If I don't use my HAs I can't speech read as well. For me.... I only can use speech reading to fill in the blanks. But I certainly can't hear if I can't see!

You may need more practice then, because you should be able to lip read just as well with or without your HAs. If you spoke with my mother, who is totally deaf, it's just like speaking to a regular person. As long as you are looking at her face to face so she can read your lips.

When I first started reading lips I was filling in the blanks too but I'm getting better and better. When I talk to people I listen but also try to read their lips at the same time.

I only have hearing in my right ear. My left ear is done. If I ever go totally deaf I will need the lip reading.

I agree with that altho one of my deaf frieds, I can talk to her with no voice but moving lips and we know what each of us are saying but I think it's partly because I've known her for 15 years. Hearing people are mostly amazed!

She and I are both profoundly deaf.

Hey guys,

I just paired my miniTek to my windows 7 64-bit desk top. It all works fine.

What problems were you getting?

Back