Sidekick LX 2009

candybrowneyes

Reaction score
just want to say I love my sidekick! I just got it less than a month ago and it is great. Thinner style than the old sidekick with lots of LIGHTS on it! You can also watch youtube videos, and much more. It also comes with relay on it. SO GREAT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)

just want to say I love my sidekick! I just got it less than a month ago and it is great. Thinner style than the old sidekick with lots of LIGHTS on it! You can also watch youtube videos, and much more. It also comes with relay on it. SO GREAT!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it :)

I've been thinking about getting one. I don't have a cell at all at the moment, so that is my biggest decision. How do the keys compare to blackberries, etc?

Thanks,
*EQL*

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.1; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Cool, that's awesome. Do enjoy your brand new sidekick. :)

I can't get any new sidekicks in Australia as the phone company no longer sell sidekicks. :(

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.1; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Cool, that's awesome. Do enjoy your brand new sidekick. :)

I can't get any new sidekicks in Australia as the phone company no longer sell sidekicks. :(

Why do they stop selling Sidekicks?

Lisa the Qwerty board is longer across and but the buttons are easy to push, very easy to use and you get used to it quickly. I used to have a blackberry curve and I love this keyboard. As far as cheapness you can get plans for way cheaper than a blackberry through t-mobile so it is definitely worth the money. I really love the lights on it for when it rings, there are many lights and not just one color, you can pick between different lights, colors etc...

SG- Yes I enjoy it very much!! Its very easy to use and has great qualities, and most of all it can connect to my t-coil perfectly.. My loop fits in the jack also. LOVE IT.. Sorry you cannot get them there! :(

167wf1v.jpg

just want to say I love my sidekick!
I just got it less than a month ago and it is great. Thinner style than the
old sidekick with lots of LIGHTS on it! You can also watch youtube videos,
and much more. It also comes with relay on it. SO GREAT!! LOVE LOVE
LOVE it :)

==================================

Deafscooter more better Device than SideKick LX2009
The High Level Chat, Visual Confences, Internet, Email
inside my Small Device that High Speed 4G Wireless...

View attachment 14495

View attachment 14496

That is it....

Yea, i agree it is simple and cheap utilization. I still have my sidekick lx. ;) I love to see the blue lights. lol.

Why do they stop selling Sidekicks?

Telstra no longer provides sidekick plans to new customers and also the contract with Danger.inc will end on September 2011.

So as I'm a current customer on sidekick plan, I only have about 2 weeks left on my contract, then my two years contract is over.

And also what JClarke says as above.

Deafscooter more better Device than SideKick LX2009
The High Level Chat, Visual Confences, Internet, Email
inside my Small Device that High Speed 4G Wireless...

View attachment 14495

View attachment 14496

That is it....

I wouldn't want to carry netbook with me all the time. It's too big.

SG- Yes I enjoy it very much!! Its very easy to use and has great qualities, and most of all it can connect to my t-coil perfectly.. My loop fits in the jack also. LOVE IT.. Sorry you cannot get them there! :(

That's awesome, glad you have found something suitable. :)

Nods, at least I had a chance with sidekick 3, so my next phone would be blackberry. :)

Telstra no longer provides sidekick plans to new customers and also the contract with Danger.inc will end on September 2011.

So as I'm a current customer on sidekick plan, I only have about 2 weeks left on my contract, then my two years contract is over.

And also what JClarke says as above.

I now understand what both of you and JClarke say. You know that almost deaf Aussie Sidekick users are unhappy about it?

I now understand what both of you and JClarke say. You know that almost deaf Aussie Sidekick users are unhappy about it?

Not that I know of, but I do know one of them still have Sidekick 2. :shock:

When I found out sidekick plan no longer provided, I wasn't impressed with Telstra as I was planning to renew another 2 more years on sidekick plan, so I can't renew my current sidekick plan contract with Telstra, unless I renew new contract, new plan and I would need to buy a new phone too.

Yeah, my friend got the same thing.

I was telling him how they should add new sound and light features for the screen light flicker.

Here are a few themes...

- Knight Rider (light is red and moves like KITT; plays Knight Rider theme song)
- Battlestar Galactica (light is red and moves like Cylons; plays Battlestar Galactica theme song)
- police car (light flickers red, white, & blue like police car; plays sirens)
- ambulance/fire truck (light flickers red & white; plays sirens)
- rainbow (colors slide through and changes colors, plays "Somewhere Over the Rainbow")

I thought about getting SK LX 2009 but was advised by several people not to buy it due to problems with it including the signal..is it true?

I thought about getting SK LX 2009 but was advised by several people not to buy it due to problems with it including the signal..is it true?

Yup, Danger has issue with servers, it could go outage for few days and you maybe lose the address book.

Danger had one problem with a server outage in how many years??? IT just happened with Blackberry just last week. There can always be that kind of a problem. Depending on the area you are in depends on your signal and how strong it is.. I live in the middle of Iowa where we don't even have ONE tmobile store, and I have full coverage and 3G service.. Eastern Iowa doesnt have tmobile only an affiliate.
Danger has been around for a long long time and I think one server crash in how many years isnt that bad. the sidekick lx 2009 is a good phone.

Danger had one problem with a server outage in how many years??? IT just happened with Blackberry just last week. There can always be that kind of a problem. Depending on the area you are in depends on your signal and how strong it is.. I live in the middle of Iowa where we don't even have ONE tmobile store, and I have full coverage and 3G service.. Eastern Iowa doesnt have tmobile only an affiliate.
Danger has been around for a long long time and I think one server crash in how many years isnt that bad. the sidekick lx 2009 is a good phone.

It has been outage for many years, I'm former SK user and had outage in 2004 and 2005, it took few days or weeks to be recovered.

I'm SK user in 2004 until 2008.

It has been outage for many years, I'm former SK user and had outage in 2004 and 2005, it took few days or weeks to be recovered.

I'm SK user in 2004 until 2008.

SK sucks, IMO so no offense.

I m too. I was Sidekick user since October 2002 which first released. SK BW to SK color to SK 2. Until 2007. Was problem with outage on some years. I was tired of SK till getting new AT&T Tilt.

Back