*gasp*

Attachments

• sk3.jpg
    sk3.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 789
  • sk31.jpg
    sk31.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 599
I got this and beauitful looks! but I got another email.... here it is.

Rumor abt sidekick 3 ?? Read on...

It's for informational purposes only. There's a lot of false rumor going around
the community about a new Sidekick 3 and I want to clear it up.

-----Original Message-----

Hello everyone,

Have you received a forwarded email with a picture of a very cool
looking device which the email claims to be a Sidekick 3? I've gotten
plenty of these the last few days. At first, I thought this was a
Sidekick 3 as well. So I did some research and here's what I figured
out.

Last week, it was announced that a new Microsoft PDA phone would be
released for T-Mobile Germany this summer. It's style resembles that
of
the Sidekick. Just so there's no confusion, this is definitely not the
T-Mobile Sidekick 3 (or any Sidekick device). This is the MDA IV. MDA
is a product lineup of Microsoft smart phones sold in Europe. At this
time, there is no word of a Sidekick 3 release. My guess is the
earliest we would see a new Sidekick would be early 2006.

T-Mobile USA will not carry the MDA IV. It's network standards are
designed with European technology in mind. It's possible a similar
version could be designed for us. If it does I will be sure to publish
an update.

I believe it was a news article written in the United Kingdom that
sparked much of the confusion. The link for the article is below.
Notice how the title of the article might imply the device was a
'Sidekick 3.' I think I might write a letter to the editor :)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/02/03/t_mobile_unveils_mda_iv/

Thanks,
Eric Marks
T-Mobile USA
Email: Eric.Marks@T-Mobile.com
Phone: 630-627-0800
Fax: 630-627-0482

:dunno: all of rumors and not sure we will see it till next year.

from what i understand, sk1 and sk2 are made by danger inc. not sk3. maybe they talk about MDA IV that looks like sk3. i could be wrong. infosyncworld.com didnt say what company made that MDA IV. MDA IV surely looks very nice.

check this info - http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5757.html

[edit] yes MDA series devices are used in Europe only, not USA, that was how i found more info in european websites recently.

Last edited:
It look exact like SK2... oh boy what a pity! We will see what happens when it come to USA, maybe change the name or SK3 *sigh*

yea i got confuse too so wait and see next yr and there will be proof which is truth!

I personally know Eric Marks, he work at the T-Mobile store in Illinois and he have been telling me tidbits about Sidekick. He was the one who sold me my first Sidekick. He's very actively involved in the deaf community and he was the one who pushed for the Sidekick to go down in cost for the deaf community. I would ask him about the Sidekick 2.

Now people, Eric Marks is probably right, we will see Sidekick 3 in early 2006. Have some common sense, why would T-Mobile release Sidekick 2 then release Sidekick 3 a few months later? That will upset the current owners of Sidekick 2 and they all probably will complain and ask for an exchange or refund on the Sidekick 2 for a Sidekick 3. T-Mobile is not stupid to do that. Other companies like Nokia, AT&T and Motorola might release a Sidekick clone and have them be sold by carriers like T-Mobile, Cingular and more. So like Vampy, don't jump the gun, do your homework; research on the Internet or just post a thread on here but with a disclaimer, "I heard a rumor about the Sidekick 3 and would like to verify" instead of "Sidekick 3 pics here!!!"

it would also be helpful if you looked through the threads at www.hiptop.com/forums and see if there's any rumors that has been confirmed about the Sidekick 3.

Wow that is neat.. but impossbile that this product item owned by T-Mobile like sidekick 2 or 1.

I received it from one of my friends who emailed me that it is sidekick3 that what i did not believed.. I told one of my friends it is hoax-photo which not comes from t-mobile... look the photo at below:

Attachments

• sidekick3.jpg
    sidekick3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 355
ckfarbes said:
Wow that is neat.. but impossbile that this product item owned by T-Mobile like sidekick 2 or 1.

I received it from one of my friends who emailed me that it is sidekick3 that what i did not believed.. I told one of my friends it is hoax-photo which not comes from t-mobile... look the photo at below:

In that pix, it looks like something that came out of Sony because of the game, Gran Turismo on the device. Either T-mobile inked a deal with Sony to release games on that device, or Sony created that device for the people of Japan because the Playstation Portable (PSP) is coming out this spring so it couldn't possibly be the PSP2. It could possibly be the European version of PSP because sometimes Europe get different kind of devices.

yea i m not surprised that i got those emails with photos of sk3 that arent not true.

Sidekicks follow a particular design. I doubt they will make sudden or drastic changes to their devices. That picture looks more like an upgrade for a video game version of Ogo. ;)

that's not sidekick 3 I talked to a person who used to work with hiptop forum it's just something new for tmobile but it didn't say SK3 didn't it? no.. :) sorry lol ;)

VamPyroX said:
Sidekicks follow a particular design. I doubt they will make sudden or drastic changes to their devices. That picture looks more like an upgrade for a video game version of Ogo. ;)

yeah, it looks like Ogo I doubt that sk would make
this kind of major change ugh

deafclimber gave link, did it said "sidekick 3" on the article? NO! it's Pocket PC

Back