SICK of it!!

rebeccalj

Reaction score
Do you ever just get sick of it all? Asking people to accommodate you? How to talk to you? How to annunciate? I am! I'm *SICK* of it! I think I might go Becklak's route of voice off. As soon as you speak, and hearies know you are deaf, they think you can magically hear. I'm sick of people asking where my accent is from. I'm sick of people, who find out I just simply Deaf, being amazed at how I have managed in this hard world. Good grief! I just *DON'T HEAR!!*.

Life is not so bad. Come on. I *feel* things much sooner than hearies. I smell forest fires before hearies do. I smell drugs on people before hearies. I feel music in every bone in my body. Why do hearies think we cannot live a full life without hearing?

Bad Hearie day. :shock: Sorry.

Do you ever just get sick of it all? Asking people to accommodate you? How to talk to you? How to annunciate? I am! I'm *SICK* of it! I think I might go Becklak's route of voice off. As soon as you speak, and hearies know you are deaf, they think you can magically hear. I'm sick of people asking where my accent is from. I'm sick of people, who find out I just simply Deaf, being amazed at how I have managed in this hard world. Good grief! I just *DON'T HEAR!!*.

Life is not so bad. Come on. I *feel* things much sooner than hearies. I smell forest fires before hearies do. I smell drugs on people before hearies. I feel music in every bone in my body. Why do hearies think we cannot live a full life without hearing?

Yeah, I get tired of it too sometimes. I get the "accent" thing too (usually expressed as, "Where are you from?" "Here." "Really?" "Oh yeah.").

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I can smell the summer sausage factory from several miles away. Food is important! :lol:

Sometimes I feel like taking out my hearing aids for good and just be done with it.

Then other days are better.

I get it.

Some days are better than others. Hopefully you will have better days ahead.

Been there and done that so many times.... mostly they asked me where I'm from.... I simply replied... "Mars"

Many people think I'm from England... which I do have little bit of British accent...

Even when there a group of people for meeting, some people asked me "Where should I sit?", sigh.... Just get the f*cking chair!! I can manage myself of where I want to sit not him/her!

Sorry Becca for putting up with it...

So many "phases" of getting angry over it....for awhile I just "milked it"...(meaning took advantage of it)...said I was from Sweden (with my blonde hair/blue eyes)...even said my tongue was twisted....jeez!...so many things I said (and lies I told)...:giggle: ....even told some people they must/should have "their hearing checked" themselves! And needed to get their own hearing checked....(and that was said when I was a litle "tipsy" (had a few drinks"....

You'll get over it. Simply beuz it's not gonna go away anytime soon...maybe just SMILE...and say "oh, what else is new?"....

I agree with robin; we HAVE to put up with it as best as we can cuz ignorance isn't going to go away anytime soon.

wow:eek3: and I thought I was the only one to HAVE a bad hearing day.
:hug:

id answer in full later , but yup i *feel* things sooner too, not all hearies are bad, but even the one i *know* continue to be stupid too...i am seriously considering to ask Beclak's permission to use "STEP" and make it in a T-shirt and Wear it alot in the coming up summer...

maybe we all ought to wear it! start the new craze, to give hearie OUR ideas/versions of what tips and guides how to communicate with d/Deaf, not the typical 'speak slowly, we lip-reading shit' or 'reduce English to 'our lower English/IQ" etc etc...

maybe you need to get drunk soon, not shitfaced drunk, just a kick back enjoy half a bottle of a really nice wine and some cheese/crackers and watch a decent movie...wind down..
im not ignoring you, none of us are...funny thing about they think you can magically hear' thats the exact thing about science its 'discovered magic' people used to believe in magic to compensate to for the lack of explanation for the unknown, then later on, it became a way to ;make magic' - think cars and aeroplanes..even telephones...(now that comes to technology) and the arrogance of them to expect us to hear...so ofc technology is 'weapon' not in terms of hurting physically, but ideologically , we can turn it around, say exactly what Beclaks' wonderful "STEP" slogans means, to use techology on OUR terms, not theres. BUT...to teach hearies all this is a waste of time, Just teach them small , like STEPs, they need baby steps LOL

Baby steps, remember baby STEPs LOL

I know what you mean 'sorry' as in apology for some kind of venting 'immatureish' rant, but its not you have nothing to apologise for.
But its cool, that you do, in a way partly because you are not normally a ranter raver which you are not. So its fine :)
:aw:
cheer up:wave:

i think i ran out of things to say, not that i have nothing else to say. my mind is now stuck on the essay, i cant occupy everything in the head...but if i do id post here, if not, no worries, after all its a perfectly normal thing to have a 'bad hearing day' , join the club.

Voice-off great Becca...try! Maybe you like.

When I am home I rarely talk. Too tired from speaking during day. Even with work I use email or text as much as possible. I should probably just do it everywhere. I am sure I would not be so frustrate.

Been there and done that so many times.... mostly they asked me where I'm from.... I simply replied... "Mars"

Many people think I'm from England... which I do have little bit of British accent...

Even when there a group of people for meeting, some people asked me "Where should I sit?", sigh.... Just get the f*cking chair!! I can manage myself of where I want to sit not him/her!

Sorry Becca for putting up with it...

What bug me most is that I *TELL* them what I need but it embarrass to me to keep asking all the time. Are they daft?

id answer in full later , but yup i *feel* things sooner too, not all hearies are bad, but even the one i *know* continue to be stupid too...i am seriously considering to ask Beclak's permission to use "STEP" and make it in a T-shirt and Wear it alot in the coming up summer...

maybe we all ought to wear it! start the new craze, to give hearie OUR ideas/versions of what tips and guides how to communicate with d/Deaf, not the typical 'speak slowly, we lip-reading shit' or 'reduce English to 'our lower English/IQ" etc etc...

maybe you need to get drunk soon, not shitfaced drunk, just a kick back enjoy half a bottle of a really nice wine and some cheese/crackers and watch a decent movie...wind down..
im not ignoring you, none of us are...funny thing about they think you can magically hear' thats the exact thing about science its 'discovered magic' people used to believe in magic to compensate to for the lack of explanation for the unknown, then later on, it became a way to ;make magic' - think cars and aeroplanes..even telephones...(now that comes to technology) and the arrogance of them to expect us to hear...so ofc technology is 'weapon' not in terms of hurting physically, but ideologically , we can turn it around, say exactly what Beclaks' wonderful "STEP" slogans means, to use techology on OUR terms, not theres. BUT...to teach hearies all this is a waste of time, Just teach them small , like STEPs, they need baby steps LOL

Baby steps, remember baby STEPs LOL

I know what you mean 'sorry' as in apology for some kind of venting 'immatureish' rant, but its not you have nothing to apologise for.
But its cool, that you do, in a way partly because you are not normally a ranter raver which you are not. So its fine :)
:aw:
cheer up:wave:

I think Becklak should start t-shirt business. :giggle:

I will take you advice. Go downstair fill wine glass watch chick movie. Have good cry. That make everything better. :giggle:

When I am home I rarely talk. Too tired from speaking during day. Even with work I use email or text as much as possible. I should probably just do it everywhere. I am sure I would not be so frustrate.

Agree :)

Thanks rebeccalj and Grummer. I'm glad that STEP can be of use, I am sure there many similar things we can all come up with. Like Grummer said, it takes little things like this to make a difference. 'Ignorance is no longer bliss. Be Educated' Think of the famous 'Smiley'. That's all it took.

Back