Show Us Your Car(s)

Don't have any pictures to post, mine is just your basic 2010 Honda Civic.

I do, however, admire beautiful cars. Been seeing a lot of gorgeous Mustangs, Chargers, and Challengers lately. I think everybody has their beautiful cars out for as long as they can before snow hits which will probably be in about 6 weeks here.

Thought I would add mine seeing how I do love automobiles. Some nice cars showing on this thread and I got a kick out of viewing them all.

First one here, I've had the longest, is a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 with T-Tops. 187k mileage. 5.0 High Output (not really, lol, its labeled as H.O. from the factory but in reality, it's just a notch over a stock cutlass) mated to TH200-4R automatic with shifter on the floor. 3.73 rear axle. Runs and drives great. It is currently undergoing intensive body and paint work.
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1412730689.864926.jpg

This is my newest acquisition, 1987 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Longbed Dually. 97k mileage. 6.9 IDI diesel with ATS Turbo mated to C6 automatic with Gear Vendors under/overdrive unit. Picked it up a few weeks ago cheap because of a leaking head gasket. Will get head studs installed and replacement gaskets as soon as I return from vacation in a couple weeks.
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1412731113.441099.jpg

Here you see my favorite ride, 2001 Suzuki Volusia I picked up last year. Bone stock other than 2 baffles removed from each pipe. 20k mileage. I am taking a road trip to Houston (I am in Kansas) with it next week.
Behind the bike is my daily driver, bought it brand new. 2013 Kia Rio 1.6L/6 speed manual. 62k mileage. Not much to say about it other than it gets pretty decent fuel mileage and has been a good car thus far.
ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1412731987.091113.jpg

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nice truck, parts for that engine is dirty cheap! Friend of mine has same, just 7.3L IDI, no turbo. Mine is 7.3DI. Even though both of our engine shares same displacement, but completely different engine. His injectors and glow plugs just fraction of cost compared to mine. At least, these engines lasts "forever". Don't bother add turbo, because the power output is more than enough without turbo and you will save $ on Diesel. Whats even better, yours don't have computer controller or anything like that, just basic, 100% mechanically driven. Mine which is Direct Injection has some computer controlled, and it is pretty much like 1st generation computer system.

I might buy 7.3L F-350 crew cab long bed, wanted one without rust, then paint using Line-X all over so I won't have worry about rust for years. Only problem is, I don't want hear too many compliments as my friend did that and got tired of too many thumbs up. LOL

This is my newest acquisition, 1987 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Longbed Dually. 97k mileage. 6.9 IDI diesel with ATS Turbo mated to C6 automatic with Gear Vendors under/overdrive unit. Picked it up a few weeks ago cheap because of a leaking head gasket. Will get head studs installed and replacement gaskets as soon as I return from vacation in a couple weeks.
View attachment 21618

Enjoy!

Nice truck, parts for that engine is dirty cheap! Friend of mine has same, just 7.3L IDI, no turbo. Mine is 7.3DI. Even though both of our engine shares same displacement, but completely different engine. His injectors and glow plugs just fraction of cost compared to mine. At least, these engines lasts "forever". Don't bother add turbo, because the power output is more than enough without turbo and you will save $ on Diesel. Whats even better, yours don't have computer controller or anything like that, just basic, 100% mechanically driven. Mine which is Direct Injection has some computer controlled, and it is pretty much like 1st generation computer system.

I might buy 7.3L F-350 crew cab long bed, wanted one without rust, then paint using Line-X all over so I won't have worry about rust for years. Only problem is, I don't want hear too many compliments as my friend did that and got tired of too many thumbs up. LOL

Thank you Diehard, you are correct for most part. I believe the 7.3DI you are referring to is the Powerstroke motor. Injectors are pretty expensive for those engines.

I appreciate hearing your suggestion but I am keeping the turbo for it. I like the power it gives me because the 6.9 is not a very fast motor, powerful torque yes, but not equal to the powerstroke. Turbo makes it feel like a gas engine when I accelerate, I like it. I believe it would increase my fuel mileage because I don't have to mash the gas petal to get over large hills or if I'm up in altitude. Also I have the gear vendors overdrive on it, practically a 6 speed transmission, so fuel mileage is pretty decent.

The 7.3 IDI is really just the 6.9 bored out with better heads. Make sure your friend knows to maintain proper SCA levels in the coolant to prevent cavitation, hole in cylinder due to erosion from coolant. Just wanted to throw that out there since I was surprised how many people don't know that.

100% mechanical is awesome, so easy to work on this thing. Can even run biodiesel as long as you are prepared for shorter injection pump lifespans. I don't run biodiesel but it's nice to know I can just in case, you never know.

Yup, "powerstroke" was introduced in late 90's. The reason why suggest against turbo is that it increase stress on engine. Diesel vehicles was never made for speeding, it was made to work and haul. My friend have 7.3L IDI and had no issue with speeding, I drove it and it seems more than adequate. Perhaps manual may have more ability to speed than automatic. :dunno: My friend 7.3L IDI uses manual tranny. Ford Dealer do all the work from ground up. Restored everything, including replaced the engine that came off from ambulance rebuild manual tranny, all done by Ford Dealer, came with 3 years warranty with no limit mileage. He had it painted with Line-X by independent dealer so he won't have worry about rust. So, his truck got plenty of life left.

Here is my new 1977 Impala wagon. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 10669247_10154671219175244_4145224991469909473_o.jpg
    10669247_10154671219175244_4145224991469909473_o.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 14
EP-140319980.jpg&updated=201403081118&MaxW=800&maxH=800&updated=201403081118&noborder

That is what i am talking about... rear facing seat!

Nevermind Derek, I found out and yes, it does have rear viewed third row seat... good memories for me. LOL These type of seats now banned by Federal DOT. :(

Yup, "powerstroke" was introduced in late 90's. The reason why suggest against turbo is that it increase stress on engine. Diesel vehicles was never made for speeding, it was made to work and haul. My friend have 7.3L IDI and had no issue with speeding, I drove it and it seems more than adequate. Perhaps manual may have more ability to speed than automatic. :dunno: My friend 7.3L IDI uses manual tranny. Ford Dealer do all the work from ground up. Restored everything, including replaced the engine that came off from ambulance rebuild manual tranny, all done by Ford Dealer, came with 3 years warranty with no limit mileage. He had it painted with Line-X by independent dealer so he won't have worry about rust. So, his truck got plenty of life left.
This is my first IDI diesel so can't comment on the drivability without a turbocharger on it. I would have preferred a manual transmission but my wife doesn't want manual so I got an automatic for her sake.

I am adding studs to the cylinder heads so should be strong enough to handle the turbo. It is an older non waste gated turbo so boost is pretty minimal. I drove it home from Nashville, TN where I purchased it and never saw more than 5lbs of boost. I'm not a lead foot driver either so that helps. I see on another forum for IDI diesels that many people have 300K+ miles using an aftermarket turbo so I'm not worried about it.

Sounds like your friend has a pretty nice truck. I like line x on work vehicles or hot rod mudder toys. I plan to line x inside the bed, that is all. When time is right I will repaint original 2 tone paint, I think it looks good that way.

Yea, adding turbo does decrease the life of engine, but because of reliablity, and longnevity, its hardly noticed, like with turbo 300k miles verses 500k miles without, does it matter? Not much really. Ford certified mechanic told me that ambulance are not permitted to have turbo, because of increase risk of downtime. They were very strict on inspection for these emergency responding vehicles.

This is my first IDI diesel so can't comment on the drivability without a turbocharger on it. I would have preferred a manual transmission but my wife doesn't want manual so I got an automatic for her sake.

I am adding studs to the cylinder heads so should be strong enough to handle the turbo. It is an older non waste gated turbo so boost is pretty minimal. I drove it home from Nashville, TN where I purchased it and never saw more than 5lbs of boost. I'm not a lead foot driver either so that helps. I see on another forum for IDI diesels that many people have 300K+ miles using an aftermarket turbo so I'm not worried about it.

Sounds like your friend has a pretty nice truck. I like line x on work vehicles or hot rod mudder toys. I plan to line x inside the bed, that is all. When time is right I will repaint original 2 tone paint, I think it looks good that way.

Yea, adding turbo does decrease the life of engine, but because of reliablity, and longnevity, its hardly noticed, like with turbo 300k miles verses 500k miles without, does it matter? Not much really. Ford certified mechanic told me that ambulance are not permitted to have turbo, because of increase risk of downtime. They were very strict on inspection for these emergency responding vehicles.

Simple, V8 diesel motors are junk. 99% of semi-trucks are I6 with turbochargers and rare to see turbocharger issue and it over million miles as Cummin, Paccar, CAT, and Detroit BUT International, oh my god.

Also Cummin 5.9L for Ram 2500 or bigger with turbocharger and it last around 600k miles depend on driver and weight of hauls.

I believe you had issue with old Ford with turbocharger because of International's poor engineer design then you start blamed on everything turbocharger. How silly. I think you should read this link and you will understand why.
http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel...tar-over-international-maxxforce-engines.aspx

Oh yeah, I seen IH have a tons problem with EGR system a lot.

Do you want know how to kill turbocharger life? Okay, Some impatient drivers shut engine down immediate after long drive, hauling, etc without idle for around 5 minutes to cool turbocharger down or turbocharger's bearing would burned. Subaru got smart engineer design when you turned key off and ECM keeps engine running idle till turbocharger's temperature cool down then auto shut down itself.

Whoa!!! another misunderstanding again! RME!

I am talking about turbo increases stress on the engine itself, not turbo itself. I know about shutting off too fast, that is not the issue I am talking about. Anyway, why increase stress on engine? Simply put, why do ambulance need 525 FtLBS torque, along with 375 horses? Turbo increase that power output which put more strain on engine cylinders and head. Go ahead check out on these Ford ambulance and see if they got Turbo in it. i don't think you will find one unless that ambulance no longer in ambulance business and has after market turbo.

Majority of ambulance were made by Ford! Why do you think Ford is best selling, far more than Dodge and Chevy combined! Didn't you know that Dodge was one of the worst rated truck*. Unfortunately Ford had bad luck with 6.0L, don't get me wrong. 7.3L is a V8 and that is the best Diesel engine Ford ever built, it is mandatory changes though EPA causing 6.0L to be worst engine of all. You see, 6.0L have increase their horses and torque from 7.3L, mind you it is smaller engine, and I wonder why Ford/IH decided to decrease the number of bolts per cylinders (7.3L has 6 bolts, while 6.0L has only 4), and using TTY (Torque To Yield) than standard bolts and these TTY bolts are elastic meaning they will stretch over time causing head gasket failures as soon as 30K miles. These idiot engineers thought decrease the number of bolts and using TTY bolt would increase clamping power... Dead WRONG! Resulting 7.3L outlasts 6.0L After realizing the real problem with 6.0L, I don't see how they can fix these flaws... impossible because the block need to be redesign from ground up.

Lastly, I know straight 5 cylinders are best and I am not challenging that. Just that EPA don't like these straight 6 or 8 engine especially on light passenger vehicles, due to increase pollution. I had straight six 4.0L gas, and I see more power on that one over 4.3L V8.

I have seen 7.3L with couple million miles on it. That one happen to be IDI not DI with Turbo. The highest mileage I have heard on 7.3L DI is 800K miles

* Dodge had luck with only three model years, that is all. I have talked with those former Dodge Diesel owners and they all regretted.

Simple, V8 diesel motors are junk. 99% of semi-trucks are I6 with turbochargers and rare to see turbocharger issue and it over million miles as Cummin, Paccar, CAT, and Detroit BUT International, oh my god.

Also Cummin 5.9L for Ram 2500 or bigger with turbocharger and it last around 600k miles depend on driver and weight of hauls.

I believe you had issue with old Ford with turbocharger because of International's poor engineer design then you start blamed on everything turbocharger. How silly. I think you should read this link and you will understand why.
http://www.truckinginfo.com/channel...tar-over-international-maxxforce-engines.aspx

Oh yeah, I seen IH have a tons problem with EGR system a lot.

Do you want know how to kill turbocharger life? Okay, Some impatient drivers shut engine down immediate after long drive, hauling, etc without idle for around 5 minutes to cool turbocharger down or turbocharger's bearing would burned. Subaru got smart engineer design when you turned key off and ECM keeps engine running idle till turbocharger's temperature cool down then auto shut down itself.

Whoa!!! another misunderstanding again! RME!

I am talking about turbo increases stress on the engine itself, not turbo itself. I know about shutting off too fast, that is not the issue I am talking about. Anyway, why increase stress on engine? Simply put, why do ambulance need 525 FtLBS torque, along with 375 horses? Turbo increase that power output which put more strain on engine cylinders and head. Go ahead check out on these Ford ambulance and see if they got Turbo in it. i don't think you will find one unless that ambulance no longer in ambulance business and has after market turbo.

Majority of ambulance were made by Ford! Why do you think Ford is best selling, far more than Dodge and Chevy combined! Didn't you know that Dodge was one of the worst rated truck*. Unfortunately Ford had bad luck with 6.0L, don't get me wrong. 7.3L is a V8 and that is the best Diesel engine Ford ever built, it is mandatory changes though EPA causing 6.0L to be worst engine of all. You see, 6.0L have increase their horses and torque from 7.3L, mind you it is smaller engine, and I wonder why Ford/IH decided to decrease the number of bolts per cylinders (7.3L has 6 bolts, while 6.0L has only 4), and using TTY (Torque To Yield) than standard bolts and these TTY bolts are elastic meaning they will stretch over time causing head gasket failures as soon as 30K miles. These idiot engineers thought decrease the number of bolts and using TTY bolt would increase clamping power... Dead WRONG! Resulting 7.3L outlasts 6.0L After realizing the real problem with 6.0L, I don't see how they can fix these flaws... impossible because the block need to be redesign from ground up.

Lastly, I know straight 5 cylinders are best and I am not challenging that. Just that EPA don't like these straight 6 or 8 engine especially on light passenger vehicles, due to increase pollution. I had straight six 4.0L gas, and I see more power on that one over 4.3L V8.

I have seen 7.3L with couple million miles on it. That one happen to be IDI not DI with Turbo. The highest mileage I have heard on 7.3L DI is 800K miles

* Dodge had luck with only three model years, that is all. I have talked with those former Dodge Diesel owners and they all regretted.

Because ambulance don't care about fuel efficient and power. That's all they care is safely since Ford got best frame body then Chevy and Dodge. Also Ford is so afford. But most mechanics still HATE Ford so much for repair on Ford motor with EPA. Like you hate newer Ford with diesel.

Again, Cummin, Detroit,Paccar with turbocharger and EPA and DEF still make over million miles without a problem. I think IH got last around 100k miles then EGR cooling got lacking.

Did you know that I6 diesel with DEF got lower emission than any gasoline motor?

Back