Show off Your Computer Desk!

Here's 2 pics of 1) my dead laptop due to it caught spyware I kept it offline and 2) my PS3/ LCD TV combo used to surf AD until I can replace the laptop with an Apple MacMini. No more M$ shit for me...

Whoo another Mac lover. :D Be careful with Macmini, don't use heavy load on that machine like Photoshop. It will freeze pretty bad. Only best thing is to use for movies, internet, chat. Basics stuff is the best on there. M$ :rifle:

dell8400_02.jpg

Old pic, there's more stuff on my desk now.

Whoo another Mac lover. :D Be careful with Macmini, don't use heavy load on that machine like Photoshop. It will freeze pretty bad. Only best thing is to use for movies, internet, chat. Basics stuff is the best on there. M$ :rifle:

Photoshop should run so fine on Mac Mini since they use alot from CPU, also make sure if CS3 that support Intel, CS2 and below aren't but very slow on Mac with Intel.

More RAM and fairly faster CPU, such as Core 2 Duo, speed isn't matters are fine for Photoshop.

Photoshop should run so fine on Mac Mini since they use alot from CPU, also make sure if CS3 that support Intel, CS2 and below aren't but very slow on Mac with Intel.

I have like 5 hearing friends have Macmini and run on CS3 to test out and they all got froze on it. So it it is not good ideas......trust me.

I have like 5 hearing friends have Macmini and run on CS3 to test out and they all got froze on it. So it it is not good ideas......trust me.

Not couple of my friends, one had tested with Mac Mini and other on MacBook (Pre-2007) since both of use same graphic card (Intel GMA 950) and they run CS3 so fine, only mostly feed with CPU and RAM.

Try close all applications to clear up the RAM, also don't forget to update the CS3 if legally copied, or find other way if pirated version.

I'm MacBook Pro user right now.

I saw one hearing person posted a picture of his L-shaped desk with NINE LCD monitors and three or four PCs on a hearing forum. :crazy:

It is freakin' neato!

I am planning to replace my Window Vista Ultimate with Ubuntu on my second computer after I finish making hardware upgrades on it.

Hehe, you have no idea what it's capable of. But it's a little hard to use so you need to get all the information you need before changing OS. Keep it in mind, this is NOT similar to Window in any way.

Hehe, you have no idea what it's capable of. But it's a little hard to use so you need to get all the information you need before changing OS. Keep it in mind, this is NOT similar to Window in any way.

I am well aware of it. I used Red Hat linux before and I did research on Ubuntu. I even played with it on my old computer a few years ago and I liked what I saw.

:)

Mine's better. naturally. Will post pix soon. I didn't post it last night because my comp went kaput - my video card blew up. The new one just arrived today so I will post pix this evening.

dell8400_02.jpg

Old pic, there's more stuff on my desk now.

Nah, nathan - My computer is better than Alex's J/K!

Alex, have you considered to put in another monitor along with your other? It can help your work with AD while working with your other web project --- such as what I am doing as well. Just an idea. :)

Sorry I disagree, I have a MacMini and am running CS2 without any problem. I also use Dreamweaver, video editing, and several other heavy programs. It all depends on how much memory you put in it.

Sorry I disagree, I have a MacMini and am running CS2 without any problem. I also use Dreamweaver, video editing, and several other heavy programs. It all depends on how much memory you put in it.

Yup, I had explained to her.

nathan :jaw: cool computer! powerful!

chevy ..i got it now.. yea.. but i am wrong if i know you somewhere... nope! i dont know.. but dang i should meet you there in austin! i didnt know! lol! oh well

nathan :jaw: cool computer! powerful!

chevy ..i got it now.. yea.. but i am wrong if i know you somewhere... nope! i dont know.. but dang i should meet you there in austin! i didnt know! lol! oh well

Thanks, there's more where it came from.

Alex, have you considered to put in another monitor along with your other? It can help your work with AD while working with your other web project --- such as what I am doing as well. Just an idea. :)
Yes, I've thought about getting dual monitors before. I've also thought about whether to get a Mac or regular PC with Ubuntu next. :dunno:

Anyway, for now what I do is have 3 browsers opened at the same time and use tabs. One on the left for my deaf sites, one on the right for my hearing sites, and one in the middle for general browsing. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

alex_browser.jpg

Yes, I've thought about getting dual monitors before. I've also thought about whether to get a Mac or regular PC with Ubuntu next. :dunno:

Anyway, for now what I do is have 3 browsers opened at the same time and use tabs. One on the left for my deaf sites, one on the right for my hearing sites, and one in the middle for general browsing. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Damn! That looks crammed in one large screen, Alex! All you need to get a dual monitor thing port (I don't know what it is called) and buy a nice larger screen (widescreen is the best) and you'll have no problem browsing at the same time! I plan to look for a monitor where that can be plugged into my laptop soon :)

web.jpg

Excuse the crappy light quality... it'd look much better at night time.

Last edited:
Back