Should we ask Alex for something

Wow, this is giving me a headache!

For the record, I like the little pink and blue gender signs.

Fuzzy pointed out it is obvious to a total stranger in real life you don't really need to ask a man or woman that question because the answer is in your eyes.

But this forum, we are blind to see who the person is and you have to ask.

Anyway, there's no point to have this silly argument. Carry on.

"Originally Posted by Audiofuzzy View Post
Well, my argument is, in real life you know immediately whether you talk to a man or a woman because it's obvious, you do not need to ask,
you just see or hear
(for if you are blind you recognize gender by voice) for yourself."

I was responding to this part of " Audiofuzzy " post! Which talked about
"real life " situations. So I was not wrong in my answer !!!!!

Last edited:
Nope. Unless there is a decline to state or other option. Easier for the lowlifes seek out females and harass them. I know some women who purposely avoid identifying as female on forums due to previous experiences with harassment or unwanted comments, contacts, messages etc.

Nope. Unless there is a decline to state or other option. Easier for the lowlifes seek out females and harass them. I know some women who purposely avoid identifying as female on forums due to previous experiences with harassment or unwanted comments, contacts, messages etc.[/

A good point, but on this forum the harasser wouldn't get too far, as we have very good moderators who are on the lookout for the harassers. They are booted to the curb quite quickly, thank god!

I do agree that pointing out your gender could be optional, would still love to have that choice.

if know gender it helps to understand questions and answers better

Wrong ! I saw this person back and they had beautiful long white and
I was going to tell the 'woman' I liked hair , but when the person turned around it was 'man' with beautiful long white hair. And I had seen people I was not sure what gender they were b/c of their haircut and clothes . I could not tell if was a man trying to look like a woman or the other way around.

All this b/c someone was called a 'dude' . . :roll:

are serious? so for the second or two, you were unsure but then the person turned her back and....... without even asking you still KNEW!!
that would never happen on the forum, ever.
as for the androgynous, those are few and far between, and you can't make
it be a rule for everyone.

Fuzzy

You can post or send a PM... either way works. Nothing wrong to post and ask if the person you're responding to is male or female. It's very simple question.

No, it is not wrong, but it is a bit awkward, and... the question is - why does it even have to be necessary?
If our gender in real life is so blatantly obvious, why it can't be as obvious here?

Fuzzy

Well I will put it out there. I am female, strawberry blonde hair, and blue eyes. My hubby called me Ginger Snaps the other day when I was a little crabby.

Welcome female Ginger Snaps :) :wave:

I am female Audiofuzzy :)

I do think it make sense to somehow indicate the gender in the little profile window, how about you?
I love love love shoes as a gender icons - how about a glamour sparkly stiletto for a woman and a fancy evening shoe for a man?

not Fuzzy gender ;) :giggle:

WDYS has a good point, even if it is presented nobody knows if it is true.

Personally, I'd rather see hearing vs non-hearing. But, even in that case I wouldn't know if it were true or not.

The fact is, you have to take most of this internet stuff with a grain of salt.

WDYS has a good point, even if it is presented nobody knows if it is true.

Personally, I'd rather see hearing vs non-hearing. But, even in that case I wouldn't know if it were true or not.

The fact is, you have to take most of this internet stuff with a grain of salt.
While that is true you might not know "FOR SURE" what gender a person is online, for the most part in over 20 years online I've had a positive experience. 99% of the people I interacted with were the true gender they said they were. I can only remember one instance of a incorrect gender 'on purpose' and that person told me why (had to do with being involved in an activity that is dominated by the opposite gender and the individual's gender is not easily accepted). That person did tell me in the end (though I suspected).

As for hearing vs non-hearing- people are going to quibble about the "non-hearing" part lol ;)

I agree though- you can't always take the internet at face value. You really have to trust your judgement/gut- especially when meeting people offline (again positive except one- a really bad date...).

-----------
Shoes? Bleech. Only if I get to have a sneaker or hiking boot! Or barefoot- yeah that's the ticket.. barefoot. Too bad I can't go to work (whenever that will be) barefoot and in a pair of shorts/t-shirt...

Shoes? Bleech. Only if I get to have a sneaker or hiking boot! Or barefoot- yeah that's the ticket.. barefoot. Too bad I can't go to work (whenever that will be) barefoot and in a pair of shorts/t-shirt...

Yeah, shoes sound sexist to me. I don't wear heals except for the very rare occasion. I live in my sneakers unless I need to wear "nice" shoes and then I wear loafers.

Maybe instead of colors or clothing items we have a simple "M" or "F" ? Boring, I know, but easy enough to discern?

Female here as my pix implies. White/blonde hair and blue eyes. Been around the block too many times....:giggle:

Female here as my pix implies. White/blonde hair and blue eyes. Been around the block too many times....:giggle:

Robin, you'll wear yourself out going around that block so many times, time to put the feet up, relax a bit. :lol:

Maybe instead of colors or clothing items we have a simple "M" or "F" ? Boring, I know, but easy enough to discern?

wha- tever!, just as long as it works :)
I just thought we may as well make it more interesting.
but I don't have preference after all is said and done.

Fuzzy

Back