Should we ask Alex for something

Annie09Z

Reaction score
that identifies us as male or female to be put in the area of our screen name and avatar? I really like the idea of knowing if I'm talking to a man or woman, rather embarrassing if you come up with something personal that refers to either one and you have it wrong. :shock:

My vote is yes!

M, F or "Not saying" works for me. I too would like to know sometimes.

maybe girl or boy would be kinda nicer, softer? funnier?

or just color coded, like dots in the left upper corner- blue for boys pink for girls?

or gender symbols, in colors?

Fuzzy

maybe girl or boy would be kinda nicer, softer? funnier?

or just color coded, like dots in the left upper corner- blue for boys pink for girls?

or gender symbols, in colors?

Fuzzy

I like your ideas, which are you btw? My guess is you're a girl.

yes, and THE GIRZL RULEZ!!!

btw I am 58 (but forever young at heart and in mind :) )

Fuzzy

I already answered this . I do not see this in another forums I uses , what will you want next if people are married or divorce ??? This a ridiculousness request .

Someone please do a multi-quote so WDYS will see my reply.

Just because the forums YOU use don't do it doesn't mean it's not done. At least one forum I'm on has Gender: under the avatar.

It is NOT a ridiculousNESS request just because you don't like it.

Get over yourself.

Just because the forums YOU use don't do it doesn't mean it's not done. At least one forum I'm on has Gender: under the avatar.

Get over yourself.

:wave: Although pretty sure I am ignored too, so this won't help.

I already answered this . I do not see this in another forums I uses , what will you want next if people are married or divorce ??? This a ridiculousness request .

Hey, you calling my request ridiculousness? I think it's a brilliant idea. :lol:

Get over yourself.

Yuh, she called my question ridiculousness, humph!

I've got to learn how to multiquote

Next to quote is " (quote marks). Click on this for each post that you want to include then click quote on the last one (after clicking the quote marks).

Well, my argument is, in real life you know immediately whether you talk to a man or a woman because it's obvious, you do not need to ask,
you just see or hear
(for if you are blind you recognize gender by voice) for yourself.

And this is very helpful when addressing somebody.
But on the forums it's impossible, and sometimes it is hard or even awkward while discussing things because
you don't know how to address the person you talk to,
and particularly awkward if you, for example, happen to get liking to someone, and don't want to offend that person by admitting
you don't know nor can't figure out her or his gender?
Also, what if you thought you made friends with a woman with whom you talk periods, boobs, orgasms etc but it turns out to be a man!
how embarrassing! :Oops:

Next- nobody in real life know by simply looking at someone if that person is married or not. sometimes yes, if wearing a band, but not everybody does.
Yet nobody is outright asking "Hello, my name is Bob, Eve, are you married?" - because is bad manners, it's not your business!, you just don't do it.
Unless after a while you get to be a friend with that person, then you maybe may ask. depends on circumstances.

The same rules apply to forums. It's OK and even helpful to know one's gender but nothing more beside that - no personal matter questions, period.

Fuzzy

Yes I think is a silly request . you can just send some a PM and asked if they're male or female , I have gotten a few PM asking me this .

Back