Should schools be opened on saturdays?

Umm...

If we make kids go to school from Monday to Saturday, teachers would have to work 6 days a week instead of 5 and parents won't see their kids on Saturdays. Isn't that... cruel?

Umm...

If we make kids go to school from Monday to Saturday, teachers would have to work 6 days a week instead of 5 and parents won't see their kids on Saturdays. Isn't that... cruel?

I wouldn't call it cruel, but I would say it'd be inconvenient.

Has anyone asked the teachers if they want to work six days a week?QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!!! for bringing that up...

I used to be a pre-school teacher. I would NOT want to have to work on a Saturday! It was bad enough that the pre-school was open all year around and us teachers worked every day except one or two days off for major holidays. We as teacher look forward to the weekend for a break and to spend time with our families.

Besides, if our kids got out of school earlier in the year, the kids would go bonkers and get bored and start causing trouble cause they have had too long of a break. I know that mine get 3 months of summer vacation and at the end of the summer, they all are going crazy and they are ready for changes...

If they need money, they can work after school and on weekends starting at age 16 and with their parents permission.

Just my 2 cents.

kmjbmama

I am also with everyone else who says NO to having a school day on Saturday. It's bad enough that we have to pay the taxes as it is and certainly, I know a lot of us would not want to pay more taxes when Saturday is added to the schedule. Saturdays and Sundays are supposed to be the weekend where Parents and Children can be able to spend the quality time together.

If I had kids, I dont want them to go to school 6 days a week. I don't think that will solve the problem of american kids falling behind in some areas. I think having parents be more involved with their kids education like help with their hw and letting their kids know education is important. I think that would help get kids more motivated to learn. Also the education today in school is way too boring...:zzz:

If Buckdodger does not have any kid, WTF should he bring up the issue of Saturday School? He should be moron and always :wackit:....

Why? no woman or gay would want him anyways...

I think it should But not elementry schools they can run monday though friday But Middle and High schools should be open mondays though saturdays But school ends early for Middle and High school students in mid april so they can look for jobs and earn their way though college.I think it would be a great idea so high school teachers can get time off too.

Gosh... New York sucks... Southern USA is better... (including southwest like LA) ;)

It need open new thread about "Should schools be closed on Wednesday?"...

Not to sound like a hopeless nerd, but school on Saturdays sound like they would give some educational advantages to children.
Plus, with 6-days school weeks, breaks can be longer because achieving the state requirements then won't be a major issue, preventing burn-out.

Saturday school, yes... only for 3 hour exercise program so people aint obese

I think it should But not elementry schools they can run monday though friday But Middle and High schools should be open mondays though saturdays But school ends early for Middle and High school students in mid april so they can look for jobs and earn their way though college.I think it would be a great idea so high school teachers can get time off too.
O.o are you crazy?!!!!!!!!! that would only give us a 1 day weekend! 1 day!....................................i mean we need all the breaks that we can get from school! not an extended vacation. we will still be going to school for the same amount of time, just no 2 day weekend. no matter how you make it the school will still make us go to school the same amount of days each year.

Back