Should Netflix Be Accessible to the Deaf?

Where are Chinese movies? All of them are animated movies by Japan.

If Laura likes anime so Crunchyroll is great.

If she doesn't so she may want move to Hong Kong to have full access to Asian films and retain the freedom that she enjoying when live in US.

Sadly, many films are limited by region.

If Laura likes anime so Crunchyroll is great.

If she doesn't so she may want move to Hong Kong to have full access to Asian films and retain the freedom that she enjoying when live in US.

Sadly, many films are limited by region.
Hell no, she doesn't have to move to HK for that reason. We do have Chinese movies with English subtitles here. Her complaint is that Netflix doesn't offer them. That's all. I posted a link for her to look it up. My best bet is that if she has Chinese friends, she will be able to get the answer from them.

Hell no, she doesn't have to move to HK for that reason. We do have Chinese movies with English subtitles here. Her complaint is that Netflix doesn't offer them. That's all. I posted a link for her to look it up. My best bet is that if she has Chinese friends, she will be able to get the answer from them.

You don't understand.

Let me re-phrase: a lot of films are regionally and US doesn't have all Asian films that you seen in Hong Kong, Korea and Japan.

It cost a lot for Netflix to get all foreign films and they have deal with Disney so I doubt Netflix will expanding the foreign films anytime soon because of cost of deal with Disney.

If she WANTS to have access to all Asian films so move to Hong Kong is best choice.

There is other way - buy DVD or BD and have region free DVD/BD player.

You don't understand.

Let me re-phrase: a lot of films are regionally and US doesn't have all Asian films that you seen in Hong Kong, Korea and Japan.

It cost a lot for Netflix to get all foreign films and they have deal with Disney so I doubt Netflix will expanding the foreign films anytime soon because of cost of deal with Disney.

If she WANTS to have access to all Asian films so move to Hong Kong is best choice.

There is other way - buy DVD or BD and have region free DVD/BD player.
What? I understand but we do have millions of Asian movies available in USA. My wife and I used to go watch Chinese movies with English subtitles at local theaters in San Gabriel, CA where there is a heavy Chinese population a long time ago.

I just found out that Hulu has some available in its foreign category.

http://www.hulu.com/movies/genres/international/chinese

I think Netflix should be more accessible to Asian film audiences. They have very few Asian movies and many of the new releases just never make it to any of the online streaming carriers. There's really a limited selection of Hong Kong and Korean films, a few Japanese movies and almost no Thai films. It's really pathetic. To say nothing of Argentina and Brazil which are also completely overlooked. Not everyone speaks English and just because they don't doesn't make them second class citizens. Film carriers in the US need to recognize how many of their customers watch these films and respond - with captions, not English dubbed either....

Laura

there are plenty of other services that cater to a specific audience... like Dramafever and CrunchyRoll. Nobody would consider Netflix and Hulu for Asian movies/tv shows.

What? I understand but we do have millions of Asian movies available in USA. My wife and I used to go watch Chinese movies with English subtitles at local theaters in San Gabriel, CA where there is a heavy Chinese population a long time ago.

I just found out that Hulu has some available in its foreign category.

http://www.hulu.com/movies/genres/international/chinese

It is not all as you seen in China.

Do not assume about USA has EVERYTHING so many stuffs are limited by region.

It is not all as you seen in China.

Do not assume about USA has EVERYTHING so many stuffs are limited by region.
Did you go to Chinese local theaters? Did you go to local Chinese DVD stores? I did. There are a lot of them in USA. In Boston, NYC, LA and other cities where there are heavy Chinese populations. Move to HK? That's ridiculous. Don't you see we do have millions of Asian food markets here as well? Why not Asian videos? There are millions of Youtube videos uploaded from Asia.

What's more, internet is powerful so that we can watch foreign movies with subtitles online. Save the cost of trip to another country to just watch it.

Did you go to Chinese local theaters? Did you go to local Chinese DVD stores? I did. There are a lot of them in USA. In Boston, NYC, LA and other cities where there are heavy Chinese populations. Move to HK? That's ridiculous. Don't you see we do have millions of Asian food markets here as well? Why not Asian videos? There are millions of Youtube videos uploaded from Asia.

What's more, internet is powerful so that we can watch foreign movies with subtitles online. Save the cost of trip to another country to just watch it.

You don't understand, end of story.

You don't understand, end of story.
Oh really? You think Laura wants to see everything (that is shown in China) in America. She doesn't ask for that. She wants to see those movies (which were shown at local theaters in Chinatown, Koreatown or Japantown of the USA) online.

If she wants to watch some TV shows from Asia, a satellite service provider offers them. http://www.directv.com/international/packages?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3 No English subtitles because they are viewed by the natives.

Oh really? You think Laura wants to see everything (that is shown in China) in America. She doesn't ask for that. She wants to see those movies (which were shown at local theaters in Chinatown, Koreatown or Japantown of the USA) online.

If she wants to watch some TV shows from Asia, a satellite service provider offers them. http://www.directv.com/international/packages?ACM=false&lpos=Header:3 No English subtitles because they are viewed by the natives.

She doesn't say that either. She basically just said she wanted to see Asian films that were recently released but she didn't say to WHERE (theaters within the US or within the native country). She mentioned Thai, Japanese, Korean, Hong Kong films.

She doesn't say that either. She basically just said she wanted to see Asian films that were recently released but she didn't say to WHERE (theaters within the US or within the native country). She mentioned Thai, Japanese, Korean, Hong Kong films.

Yes, you are correct.

If she mentions Netflix - it seems like she prefer streaming movie.

I prefer streaming movies as well and save a lot of space for not buy DVD/BD, also the availability of streaming movies with subscription will help to discourage the movie piracy.

CP, movie piracy is illegal under federal law and streaming movies on Youtube or Torrent without authorization are piracy so you can get in trouble with ISP.

Alright, I missed her post #13.

When I went to Blockbuster and Movietime a long time ago, they had several Asian movies in their foreign sections. They were popular movies at that time. Of course, they were shown at local theaters (where Asians lived) in USA before DVD releases. Bruce Lee/Jackie Chan movies, romantic movies, drama movies. I never forget the good one called "Raise the Red Lantern".

I watched over 100 foreign films with English subtitles (French, Italian, Greek, Germany, Asian, Spanish in Spain and so on) during my young life while there were no open captions on American films. If Netflix doesn't offer them, I'd be so done with it like Laura said.

However, she may be able to find the films she wants to watch online by asking Asian friends/neighbors/co-workers. I am sure some of them have answers for her. I think that's the best way.

Yes, you are correct.

If she mentions Netflix - it seems like she prefer streaming movie.

I prefer streaming movies as well and save a lot of space for not buy DVD/BD, also the availability of streaming movies with subscription will help to discourage the movie piracy.

CP, movie piracy is illegal under federal law and streaming movies on Youtube or Torrent without authorization are piracy so you can get in trouble with ISP.
If it's illegal, then why are they still there? If it's illegal, I am not the one who gets in trouble. The uploaders are the ones getting in trouble. SMH

If it's illegal, then why are they still there? If it's illegal, I am not the one who gets in trouble. The uploaders are the ones getting in trouble. SMH

No, you can get in trouble for downloading the movie that you don't own.

It is already on federal law book - up to 5 years in prison or up to $250,000 fine, or both.

No, you can get in trouble for downloading the movie that you don't own.

It is already on federal law book - up to 5 years in prison or up to $250,000 fine, or both.
Oh, aren't you aware that any video from YT can't be downloaded into your PC? If you can download it from YT, show me how.

Oh, aren't you aware that any video from YT can't be downloaded into your PC? If you can download it from YT, show me how.

If you use tool to download the Youtube video or downloading from torrent so you are breaking a law.

No way, it is violation of YouTube term of service and AD forum is no place to condone the illegal activity.

Now, you are breaking a rule - not much difference when I used "idiot" term.

If you use tool to download the Youtube video or downloading from torrent so you are breaking a law.

No way, it is violation of YouTube term of service and AD forum is no place to condone the illegal activity.

Now, you are breaking a rule - not much difference when I used "idiot" term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cYxMORu4o

This is an example. Any YT viewer can watch it anytime through its website since it's not banned by YT. I will ask my son if you are right or wrong about downloadability.

As for other websites which offer Asian movies for free (the links I left in my older post), it's not torrent ones. Can you prove that they are torrent files? Do you know what torrent files mean?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cYxMORu4o

This is an example. Any YT viewer can watch it anytime through its website since it's not banned by YT. I will ask my son if you are right or wrong about downloadability.

As for other websites which offer Asian movies for free (the links I left in my older post), it's not torrent ones. Can you prove that they are torrent files? Do you know what torrent files mean?

Excuse me, I took legal course at college.

The movies that download or distribute without authorization are illegal under federal law, including Torrent, Youtube and streaming website. Downloaders and upoladers are liable for violation of copyright law - for criminal prosecution, they will be punished with up to 5 years in federal prison and up to $250,000 fine, or both, or civil penalty, such as MPAA and film companies take you to court. That's fact and it is already on federal law - DMCA and Title 17 US Code.

Netflix, HBO Now, Showtime, Crackle and Hulu are legit websites because they negotiate with studio to secure the deal or own the film rights like HBO own movies that are property of Warner Bros.

Torrent isn't illegal itself but if you download the movie without authorization or pay to studio - it is illegal, period, no argument.

You can get in trouble with ISP and they can permanently discontinue your internet if you do illegal activity or they will turn to MPAA.

Back