Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

Should children be allowed to drink alcohol at home?

• Yes

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • No

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Other one link isn't from wikipedia, that's from government website.
Alcohol, your child and the law : Directgov - Parents

I had been in London at once in 1995 and we had wine for our dinner.

Both of your link isn't associate with government, just all are media.

According on government website, drinking alcohol can be given to children that who is over 5 years old with parent but it's illegal for under 5 years old to do that, also your link were mentioned that drinking alcohol is legal at Pubs or other place is much later than 5 years old.

I had followed on their website and doesn't start to argue with me.

Are you sure it says from the age of 5 years old ? I read it states that they allow young teens to drink from the age of 15 and up. I don't find where it states from the age of 5.

I vote YES!

If illegal on the alcohol, then the teenagers will just make trouble and fighting against parents, and the law, then that teenagers will become emotionally, and keep drinking because the world around that teenagers are keeping against them, teenagers could end up as alcoholism as pride against back.

As since, my parents let me drink wine with them SINCE I was only 15. I see my parents get drunk and watch the movie, then go bed very calmly. I see they get drunk and chatting very happily. I see they refuse to drink and drive. I see many things how my parents handle with the alcohol, and THAT is how I learn how to be very mature with the alcohol.

Those parents who prohibited their own children from drinking alcohol is just making the children go crazy.

And dont' forget I am not from Europe, I am born in America and raised in America.

in my opinon acholic is a bad for kids at home because they is easy to addict..:pissed:

When my daughter was under 16, we had a strict no drinking, no alcohol rule. Coming from an Italian family wine and beer flowed freely at family events and many of her cousins were permitted to sample and drink alcohol at an earlier age.
When she turned 16, she was allowed a glass of wine at family functions, with the meal.
About 17, just before Graduation I allowed her girlfriend and her to drink wine coolers during a sleepover. Her girlfriend's parents were aware and did not have issues, as long as they were not premitted to go out. This continued on, on several occasions thru grade 12.
During Grade 12, many of her friends were out on the weekends, drinking and sneaking. I didn't have that issue with her. On her Graduation night, she attended the dry graduation ceremony and had no interest in the drinking parties that night. Only a very small group of her friends attended the dry grad, and the rest were much more interested in finding a 'hiding spot' to drink and party.
Many of my friends have frowned on this .. they would not allow their own children to do this. I fully respect that, as each parent has their own beliefs and views on raising their children.
My logic worked for me. My daughter is now 19, starting her second year of university and still under the legal drinking age. Does she drink? Yup, occasionally. But, she's open about it, she's responsible about it and she doesn't hesitate to tell me she'll need a ride, to alert me that I'll see her come home in a taxi, or that she'll be having a sleep over at her girlfriends house.

Are you sure it says from the age of 5 years old ? I read it states that they allow young teens to drink from the age of 15 and up. I don't find where it states from the age of 5.

Go re-check on link that I posted about it and its illegal to give alochol to children that who is under 5 years old, also its legal for 5 years old or over that is based on parent's decide.

If you stated about 16 years old or over, they are allowed to purchase alochol at pubs without parent, also most people who is 16 years old then they are finish with school since most Americans are finish at 18 years old.

I'm talking about law in UK, not in USA.

Its not necessey (sp) to give an alcohol to children that's 5 years or over, depends on parent's decide.

Go re-check on link that I posted about it and its illegal to give alochol to children that who is under 5 years old, also its legal for 5 years old or over that is based on parent's decide.

If you stated about 16 years old or over, they are allowed to purchase alochol at pubs without parent, also most people who is 16 years old then they are finish with school since most Americans are finish at 18 years old.

I'm talking about law in UK, not in USA.

Its not necessey (sp) to give an alcohol to children that's 5 years or over, depends on parent's decide.

Ok, I found it. It's good not to give the child under the age of 5, but over the age of 5 based on parents' decision ? :ugh3: Too young to give a child over the age of 5. I wouldn't give my child alcohol to drink over the age of 5 until the age of 21.

I do not agree to give alcohol to 5 years old but teenagers.

Well, I was start to drink wine when I was 7 years old but rarely...

Ok, I found it. It's good not to give the child under the age of 5, but over the age of 5 based on parents' decision ? :ugh3: Too young to give a child over the age of 5. I wouldn't give my child alcohol to drink over the age of 5 until the age of 21.

That's UK law...

Every countries have different law.

You looks that support under MADD but not for me because sale of alcohol need to be legal at 18.

I voted no.

I have already said my piece on how I feel about children drinking in one of your past threads, Liebling ;)

Sorry, I believe as long as the parents are there and watch them, it should be alright and allowed. Just as long the parents supervise their drinking and don't let them over do it. It's kinda like if you tell a kid don't do that, what does the kid do? They do it anyways. Tell someone not to push the red button, and they push the red button. If we act that drinking is not as bad as we try to make it, the I believe you would either see an increase in drinking but more reposable or decrease in drinking all together.

I voted no.

I have already said my piece on how I feel about children drinking in one of your past threads, Liebling ;)

First of all,

Welcome Back... :hug:

Yes I know your opinion at other thread... I have no problem with that... :D

I prefer to educate children to open mind and respect anything than hide something from them. Its teach moderation and responsible drinking at a very early age is the best.

In Europe, most parents can sit down with their child and have a beer or glass of wine during meal. It’s about respect and open and broad-minded, that's how they learn to act maturely.

Without parental education, the teenagers would abuse alcohol and go to wrong crowd.

The study shows that the strict parents were with alcohol in the home, would more likely the children suffer from alcoholism later as the strict laws would cause people later abuse. We know that forbid young people to drinking does not work. All what they do is learn to handle their responsible how to limit and respect alcohol.

If you treat young adults like children, they will act like children.

That's UK law...

Every countries have different law.

You looks that support under MADD but not for me because sale of alcohol need to be legal at 18.

I know every country's law is different. Very true. But, I don't agree with UK's law for small children over the age of 5. If, they think it is good for the children over the age of 5 with their parents' supervision, then.. that's their opinion to allow for what ever their reasons are. :)

You are doin' fine to share your disagree/agree. ;)

I prefer to educate children to open mind and respect anything than hide something from them. Its teach moderation and responsible drinking at a very early age is the best.

In Europe, most parents can sit down with their child and have a beer or glass of wine during meal. It’s about respect and open and broad-minded, that's how they learn to act maturely.

Without parental education, the teenagers would abuse alcohol and go to wrong crowd.

The study shows that the strict parents were with alcohol in the home, would more likely the children suffer from alcoholism later as the strict laws would cause people later abuse. We know that forbid young people to drinking does not work. All what they do is learn to handle their responsible how to limit and respect alcohol.

If you treat young adults like children, they will act like children.

I don't want my children to grown up toooo fast. Look at Drew Barrymore, a famous actress. She started drinkin' alochol when she was young kid, not in her teen years. She grown up too fast and that made her unhappy.
I don't want to see my children to act like adults in their young age by abandonin' their " childhood " years. I want to see my children to enjoy their childhood, and then, teen, and then adulthood rather than to jump way ahead. Slow down.

I don't want my children to grown up toooo fast. Look at Drew Barrymore, a famous actress. She started drinkin' alochol when she was young kid, not in her teen years. She grown up too fast and that made her unhappy.
I don't want to see my children to act like adults in their young age by abandonin' their " childhood " years. I want to see my children to enjoy their childhood, and then, teen, and then adulthood rather than to jump way ahead. Slow down.

Maybe Europe is the best place for Drew Barrymore :D

Of course we parents let our children to enjoy their childhood without burden them with responsibitily but we don´t want to develop our children into immature young adult.

Anyway, it has nothing do with acholoc to lead Drew Barrymore unhappy but her unhappy childhood background itself. The people who suffer physchological disorder feel overcome by the desire to have a drugs and drink because they use drugs and drink as way to forget the problems or relax, anxiety, anger, depression, etc..and also unhappy family atmopshere could affect self-esteem & lead more depression & feel being failure to make them think suicide, too... It's how to get people addict to drugs/alochol immoderately.

For my view, I do think it is good for kids to have bit of alcohol to helps the kids system to calm down, ever how u make the baby to stop crying?? Try to feed the wine or beer to make it stop cry.

I personally do think it is good why cos it helps them to get bored out of drink at late age also good for having faeces as smooth not hard!

For my view, I do think it is good for kids to have bit of alcohol to helps the kids system to calm down, ever how u make the baby to stop crying?? Try to feed the wine or beer to make it stop cry.

:eek3: This is illegal advice. It's also poisonous to a baby's system. I think this comment should be struck from the record, Moderators! I don't think AD/Alex wants to be responsible for allowing this comment here. There's just too many nutsos or naive people in this world who might do this to a baby.

Back