She needs to make a phone call, please

ARR

Reaction score
Dears,

My mother can't talk due to medical condition.. she has no problem in hearing, can't use the sign language and can't learn it.

She contacts me by writing only.

I'm looking for the best mobile or computer applications that enable my mom to make voice calls.

Also, looking for applications to convert text to voice.

Thank you so much
AAR

Hi,

My mother can't talk due to medical condition.. she has no problem in hearing, can't use the sign language and can't learn it.

She contact me by writing only.

I'm looking for the best mobile or computer applications that enable my mom to make voice calls.

Also, looking for applications to convert text to voice.

Thank you so much
AAR

Hi,

She wants to make a call but she can’t talk. So she is looking for a feature that could read her text to someone during the call.

Thanks
AR

Hi,

She wants to make a call but she can’t talk. So she is looking for a feature that could read her text to someone during the call.

Thanks
AR

ARR - What you are looking for is an FCC funded service called HCO (Hearing Carry Over). HCO would allow your mother to initiate a call using a relay operator. Your mother would use a TTY device to have a text conversation with the relay operator, who would speak what your mother is typing to the person she wants to communicate with.

Google that term and you should find some options for her.

WebCaptel ? She could type everything and an operator voices it for her. I used that for years. (But then I think she'll have to read the responses back, rather than hearing them.) just an idea.

Thank you for your reply, the relay operator is not working in all countries or GSM operator, it’s not practical or effective approach . I am looking for a Mobile application that could change the text to speech during the real time call. If that not doable, what is the best text to speech application I could use on laptop or PC.

Thank you so much its good idea, the WebCaptel operator is not work in our GSM operators. I am looking for a iPhone feature/Mobile Application that could read a text to someone during the call.

Understood. While we can't help you today, NexTalk is introducing a feature to our ACCESS platform in a few months that will do real-time conversion of speech to text at a 90% or better accuracy rate.

Thank you for your reply, the relay operator is not working in all countries or GSM operator, it’s not practical or effective approach . I am looking for a Mobile application that could change the text to speech during the real time call. If that not doable, what is the best text to speech application I could use on laptop or PC.

I have added bold in the quote of what now makes me think that maybe most of us made the wrong assumption and you are not in the USA after all. So . . . wondering where you really are.

If you are talking about using the cell phone, there's an app for iPhone that is called Text to Speech - Voice Synthesizer I don't know how well this work....

Back