shall i update motherboard bios from @ Bios program?

Zeroblazer21

Reaction score
i saw new update from gigabyte website for my mobo.. i just wonder i can stay w my current bios or..shall i update bios on mobo..it sound risky to update lol. i just have a program called "@BIOS that update mobo's bios without entering bios to update.

i saw new update from gigabyte website for my mobo.. i just wonder i can stay w my current bios or..shall i update bios on mobo..it sound risky to update lol. i just have a program called "@BIOS that update mobo's bios without entering bios to update.

I have no problem with update BIOS.

I thought gigabyte have dual BIOS. One BIOS got bad firmware then other BIOS use as backup then re-flash back to stable firmware.

Yep, I just looked up your 890gpa-ud3h and it do have dual BIOS. Nothing to worry about risky.

I have no problem with update BIOS.

I thought gigabyte have dual BIOS. One BIOS got bad firmware then other BIOS use as backup then re-flash back to stable firmware.

That why my next motherboard to build the PC will be Gigabyte.

Depends on the reason for the BIOS update. If it fixes stuff and makes things faster then I would upgrade the BIOS. I would follow the instructions from the mobo OEM to upgrade the BIOS. Personally I would not use a third party program to update the BIOS.

I usually update it just a few months later or even a year later. you don't gain any significant change from it anyway unless it's a-must as told by Gigabyte.

I usually check the release notes to see exactly what they have changed in the new BIOS. If it is something that I think will be of benefit then I will upgrade. For me, it really depends on what the update covers.

Gigabytes is one of best overclocker motherboard and I might get new one with sandy bridge chipset in the future also EFI boot up faster.

dg

please dont use bios overclock
PuterLover, I do respect your concerns.. He is risk taker. but if motherboard had supported the overlock swticher. as for eample: MSI offer Motherboard has OC switch support for hi-ended gamers.

So, I looked @ gigayte site, they look like not support nor offering OC motherboard products unlike MSI and ASUS do offering.

I guess its his own risk but if he uses his own good judgment with his sweetie gigayte GA 890.. :D G'luck..

I used to have Gigabyte mobo. I love it and I flashed update BIOS time to time when Gigabyte provided recent BIOS update. Now board's main power jack nearly caught on fire and fried the board.

Here's my youtube video :evil:

Failed Motherboard Massacre

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIgRw9TEs6g[/ame]

catty

I used to have Gigabyte mobo. I love it and I flashed update BIOS time to time when Gigabyte provided recent BIOS update. Now board's main power jack nearly caught on fire and fried the board.

Here's my youtube video :evil:

Failed Motherboard Massacre

catty
Hilarious! :laugh2: But use a Stihl next time.

Back