Shake awake alarm clock

This is an old thread. But does anyone know if there is a shake-awake product that can be activated from a remote? I live with my mother and sometimes she has a fall in the night and im almost completely deaf without my hearing aid when i sleep. I use a shake awake as an alarm, and i just wondered if there was a product where she could press a button on a remote and it will activate a shake-awake device under my pillow if she falls and has the remote on her. There are products like this for hearing people that sets off an alarm, so there has to be something for deaf and HOH people too surely??

Just an idea you might like,

You could get a bed shaker alarm clock then add doorbell and tie a necklace or etc to it so she could have it around her neck. If she falls, she can press the button and then it would shake your bed.
You can check around that website and see other options they might have.

https://sonicalert.com/SB1000SS-Alarm-Clock

https://sonicalert.com/DB100-Signaling

Here are another websites you can explore and see what options might work for you.

https://www.harriscomm.com/equipment.html

https://www.hearmore.com/store/default.asp

Thanks SecretBlend for your suggestions, i will check them out. :)

When I was at the Audiologist last, she gave me a sheet of various shakers and boomers to go over and pick from? Of course she said the most expensive was best. After reading this, I am confused between the shaker and the Sonic boom, and the flash,, first of all, sometimes I do find myself off the pillow, I like to sleep with 2 pillows, so maybe that won't work for me? With the Sonic boom, is that just a loud alarm clock, what about it damaging any hearing one might have left., with the light flashing I'm not sure if it's enough? Wonder what's best to start off with? I assume the vibrators run on batteries, how long do these batteries last if the device is being used often? I hate to put the money out and find it doesn't work for me?

When I was at the Audiologist last, she gave me a sheet of various shakers and boomers to go over and pick from? Of course she said the most expensive was best. After reading this, I am confused between the shaker and the Sonic boom, and the flash,, first of all, sometimes I do find myself off the pillow, I like to sleep with 2 pillows, so maybe that won't work for me? With the Sonic boom, is that just a loud alarm clock, what about it damaging any hearing one might have left., with the light flashing I'm not sure if it's enough? Wonder what's best to start off with? I assume the vibrators run on batteries, how long do these batteries last if the device is being used often? I hate to put the money out and find it doesn't work for me?

There are a lot of options out there so I'm gonna make it easier by only talking about this alarm clock:

https://sonicalert.com/SB1000SS-Alarm-Clock

I have been using this alarm clock for 10 years or more.

The shaker plugs into the back of sonic boom clock which when it goes off, the shaker goes off shaking the bed. This alarm doesn't have a flash built in but it does have a plug in back so you could plug in a lamp which would flash when alarm goes off.

The sound part of alarm clock can be adjusted to how loud you want it to be or even be turned off so that no sounds are produced. You can also adjust tone of sound which makes it easier to pick out sound you hear best.

As for pillows, that is not a problem since the shaker goes between the mattress and box springs and it is powerfull enough to shake whole bed. Sometimes if I forget to turn off alarm and I am up and going around with my CI on or in the past HA's. I could hear the bed being shaken.

The 9 volt battery that goes into it only keeps time and alarm time. It doesn't shake bed or anything. If electricity is off when alarm is supposed to go off, the alarm would not be going off at all but battery is nice for if electricity goes off then back on during the night, the time is kept and would go off when it's supposed to.

Hope this answers all your questions.

Perfectly written, @Secretblend . It's what I have too and does exactly what you described. Love my alarm clock! I've had I think 3 over maybe 20 or so years. (Like any appliance, they may break over time.) :)

I have the sonic boom clock- going on...17 years now... still works aside from a few strange quirks. I use a lamp for my wake up... seems to work better for me. If you use a brighter LED bulb...whoo boy it will wake you.

For travel and short stays (ahem 3 months) elsewhere I now use a Sonic Boom travel alarm.. this one has a plug in the back and comes with a smaller version of the bed shaker. It's STRONG and woke me up appropriately. There is the possibility of the thing falling off the bed (I had it under the pillow- the bed frame was a barebones metal "army cot" and a really thin mattress (I doubled it by taking the top bunk one lol). Only fell off I think two times as I do move around a lot at night . I would have used light/lamp but a)if I had a hearing roommate, I think the shaker would be less obnoxious and b) there was no lamp there anyway. Next travel trip I'm going to try lamp for alarm.

I have the Sonic Bomb. I just got it and the interesting thing is the shaker has either stopped working or I'm setting it wrong...However, I'm pretty sure I'm not. Yet the good thing is the red lights still flash and even without the shaker, and it wakes me up. I never realized how nice it is to be woken gently with a flash light as opposed to be shaken awake each morning.

Back