Shake awake alarm clock

DeafStrongEuro

Reaction score
Hello all deaf. a question, please, how I can buy the shake awake the vibrating alarm clock? please inform me. the web of shake awake not let me buy nor answer me my emails.... I hope your help of how to buy it. thank you. Shake Awake Products

Go to a local hearing aid place and they usually will be able to get one for you.

You are speaking of a vibrating alarm clock... correct? :laugh2: Not something that will shake your bed enough to wake the dead and throw you out of it? :laugh2: Okay okay, seriously though. Here you go...

You can buy them on Ebay or Amazon much cheaper if you're looking to save money. I prefer something like this as a "back up" at times because I'm a HEAVY sleeper ( Thanks Ambien ) and I toss and turn a lot. http://www.amazon.com/Silent-Vibrating-Personal-Alarm-Shake-N-Wake/dp/B0027A573Q It's nice because it attaches to your wrist like a watch so if you move a lot and sleep heavy, you're covered. Of course, that isn't nearly enough for most people on its own... and certainly not enough for me... Best buy also sells vibrating alarm clocks... http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sonic-a...lack/9446913.p?id=1218105506498&skuId=9446913 Those are some moderately priced ones for you, of course there are definitely better brands out there that have much better ratings and are a lot more successful... but these are ones that will get you by if that's all you're looking for. :)

I have that clock Mew mentioned from Best Buy. Works well. Has options of sound only, vibrate, or both. The clock also flashes when it goes off too to let you know it's going off which is good because there was a time when my alarm went off after I had gotten off of the bed and didn't know it. The flashing alerted me that my alarm was going off so I can turn it off.

Recommended.

cool.......im checking that out too, yeah i don't like sleazy 'disabled industry' making big bucks on cheap to made aids/electronics and what not, bunch of assholes.....

the sonic boom one I have. Have had it for nearly 14 years now (it was a gift- I do have an older alarm clock that you could plug either a vibrator or a lamp into the back- still have that one too- not sure how old it is..20 years?

Anyway..."shake-awake" doesn't always work for me...even when my sleeping is off (too light for example). Flashing light works for me better (more often than the shakin' bed/pillow). The travel alarms I've have but they tend to move around as I move a LOT when I sleep seems like lol. Never thought to try putting it on my wrist (strap) but I don't like anything on/near me when I sleep lol.

What I need is an implanted thing that vibrates to wake me. Uh.. wait.. don't go there! I know what yer thinking!!! :eek:

You are speaking of a vibrating alarm clock... correct? :laugh2: Not something that will shake your bed enough to wake the dead and throw you out of it? :laugh2: Okay okay, seriously though. Here you go...

You can buy them on Ebay or Amazon much cheaper if you're looking to save money. I prefer something like this as a "back up" at times because I'm a HEAVY sleeper ( Thanks Ambien ) and I toss and turn a lot. Amazon.com - Silent Vibrating Personal Alarm Clock "Shake-N-Wake" - Travel Alarm Clocks It's nice because it attaches to your wrist like a watch so if you move a lot and sleep heavy, you're covered. Of course, that isn't nearly enough for most people on its own... and certainly not enough for me... Best buy also sells vibrating alarm clocks... Sonic Alert Sonic Boom Alarm Clock Sa-Sbb500ss - Best Buy Those are some moderately priced ones for you, of course there are definitely better brands out there that have much better ratings and are a lot more successful... but these are ones that will get you by if that's all you're looking for. :)

Thanks for the info. I really didn't know there was a watch like this.
I really detest being waken up by vibrations. I would be dreaming of fishing and all the hell that breaks loose scares away the fish. I wake up at four thirty each morning just minutes from when the alarm is due to go off and still marvel at that.

Thanks for the info. I really didn't know there was a watch like this.
I really detest being waken up by vibrations. I would be dreaming of fishing and all the hell that breaks loose scares away the fish. I wake up at four thirty each morning just minutes from when the alarm is due to go off and still marvel at that.

:laugh2: Nothing like dreaming peacefully and being thrown out of bed by an earthquake. :shock:

The Sonic does work well... it will definitely scare the bajesus out of you though.... quite jolting.... :ugh: The flashing is definitely a nice feature to add with the vibration... but like I said, I sleep like the dead. :D

The only thing you have to watch out for on the Sonic are the settings. There are 3 settings, if I remember correctly it's 12 hour 50Hz, 12 hour 60Hz and 24 hour 80Hz? Something like that. In the US since we use a 12 hour time frame and most electrical sockets are 60Hz you have to set it for 12 hour 60Hz setting. If you set it to the higher setting, you will fry your clock or it will keep time wrong. Just make sure you read the manual thoroughly. :P

( I am guilty of not wanting to read manuals and taking manuals at times to be "manufacturer suggestions" more than anything... :ugh: ) :laugh2: I have learned my lessons over the years. :D :thumb:

Bacon%20Alarm%20Clock.jpg

That's not a rainbow, it's a pretty pink heart! :D If there's a rainbow clock, I'll buy it!

You can buy them on Ebay or Amazon much cheaper if you're looking to save money. I prefer something like this as a "back up" at times because I'm a HEAVY sleeper ( Thanks Ambien ) and I toss and turn a lot. Amazon.com - Silent Vibrating Personal Alarm Clock "Shake-N-Wake" - Travel Alarm Clocks It's nice because it attaches to your wrist like a watch so if you move a lot and sleep heavy, you're covered. Of course, that isn't nearly enough for most people on its own... and certainly not enough for me... Best buy also sells vibrating alarm clocks... Sonic Alert Sonic Boom Alarm Clock Sa-Sbb500ss - Best Buy Those are some moderately priced ones for you, of course there are definitely better brands out there that have much better ratings and are a lot more successful... but these are ones that will get you by if that's all you're looking for. :)

Could you accidently turn this off while sleeping ? I would need one for both wrist , my sister had a hard time waking me up by tapping on my hand. Damn that was a horrible way to be woken up. I would rather had her push me on my shoulder. .

Could you accidently turn this off while sleeping ? I would need one for both wrist , my sister had a hard time waking me up by tapping on my hand. Damn that was a horrible way to be woken up. I would rather had her push me on my shoulder. .

I've never turned it off while sleeping.... :ugh: I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a pretty wild sleeper to do that! :laugh2:

I've never turned it off while sleeping.... :ugh: I'm pretty sure you'd have to be a pretty wild sleeper to do that! :laugh2:

I was wondering if the buttons stuck out and could accidently be push off. No I am not a wild sleeper but my ex husband was . I almost woke up with a black eye one night when he was having a fight in his dream. His arm when cashing right onto my face! I starting sleeping in my daughter's old bedroom after that. My lip was hurting his arm landed on my face.

Back