Several Questions

e

Reaction score
Since how long have you become gay/lesbian/bi?
How long have you been in closet?
What made you get out of closet?
Throughout your time as being gay/lesbian/bi, what have you learned/changed something about your well-being?

I hope I'm not asking too much and/or detailed questions. Those questions have been on my mind and wondered about them.

Pretty much my entire life, but the first time I realised it was when I has a crush on a boy in fifth grade.

I was in the closet from fifth grade until my freshman year in college, which was about 9 years.

I realised how ridiculous it was to hide in the closet, so I decided to just get it off my chest. It was a great burden off my shoulders, when my parents didn't care about that at all.

Throughout your time as being gay/lesbian/bi, what have you learned/changed something about your well-being?
It has helped me to develop confidence for my own identities, being deaf and gay. When I realised that there was nothing wrong with it, I decided to adopt the same idea that I had about being deaf. Being gay is just another part of who I am, but it doesnt mean that I have to be a flaming queenie or a poof that the mainstream society exhibits gay people to be. I'm me, period. If people don't like it, so what? It's not a popularity contest.

I hope I'm not asking too much and/or detailed questions. Those questions have been on my mind and wondered about them.
Not at all, I think it is good you asked!

all my life -- first realized when i was in middle school having a crush on this girl that went on well into high school :lol:

for TOO many years til 1998

mom had me yanked out of the closet :shock: i was already out with friends but not with family members til mom pretty much brought me out of closet

im happier with myself, more at peace and no internal self conflicts -- i am me -- a womyn, deaf and a lesbian

not a problem e :D glad u asked them

e said:

For the past 13 years.

for a year, relize it was time to get out of the closet cuz i just knew bottling myself up is wrong, telling my friends and family was a good clean slate and i have had alot of support from them thats a great thing!

pretty much keeping secrets from my family was not a wise thing to do , So i went ahead told my family my friends knew withing 6 months and they pretty much spotted it. :)

It was a learning experince for me, and is still always a learning experince for me, I enjoy my life in all aspect, being a lesbain makes me no difference in life, but does make me happy and today i can learn from my mistakes and understand my life as well not an easy feat but if i can do it so can anyone!

I have NO problem with you wanting to ask these kinds of question its good for the straights to get a better understanding of us and gain more knowledge :)

Discovered myself for fall in love with a gurl when I was 7 years old.

About 14 years (from 1979 to 1993).

Got plenty of supports from my friends from NTID/RIT days. Heard different stories from people's experience before closet out to my grandma (she was my legal guardianship) before rest of my family.

Feel so peace and happy. Become real myself instead of show fake all the way. Too bad for my grandma. She accepted who I am. But she hope I can change my mind for marrying a guy for money in the future. Let her deal with it not me!

Not at all. That's excellent idea u made. :thumb:

Well, I been seeing all gals whole my life (3yr old to now) ;)

I been in the closet til 1996

My frist lover pulled me OUT :ugh:

It was kewl to see everybody suppose that make me feel GOOD. Know about Human Rights, Suppose PFLAG, GLBT, etc... That was wonderful to see them do all thngs. :D

realized I was l/b (still haven't completely figured out whether I am l or bi) when I was 15 and fell in love with my best friend when we were going to an all girls camp together.
am still in the closet to my family....some of my friends know, but many of them don't know that I am l/b. I am very lucky as I have an entire gang of lesbian womyn to network with at college.

Back