Sentencing tomorrow for John TC Yeh of Viable

CSign

Reaction score
Two Former Executives of Indicted Video Relay Services Company Plead Guilty to Defrauding FCC Program

Our Embattled Leader, John TC Yeh*|*TheHolism*|*DeafVIDEO.TV

I hope the judge is lenient with the sentencing. From what I've heard, John TC Yeh wasn't aware that this was going on; but since he signed the checks and was COO, he had to take responsibility.

What I want to know though; is if he really didn't know this was happening, why didn't his lawyer prove that he was defrauded by his employees?

Either way this is a very sad situation.

I hope he gets the book thrown at him. Not a sad day at all.

If he was truly guilty, then I agree that consequence is warranted. If he really wasn't aware of what was going on, then I feel bad for him and his family.

Two Former Executives of Indicted Video Relay Services Company Plead Guilty to Defrauding FCC Program

I hope the judge is lenient with the sentencing. From what I've heard, John TC Yeh wasn't aware that this was going on; but since he signed the checks and was COO, he had to take responsibility.

What I want to know though; is if he really didn't know this was happening, why didn't his lawyer prove that he was defrauded by his employees?

If he was truly guilty, then I agree that consequence is warranted. If he really wasn't aware of what was going on, then I feel bad for him and his family.

don't be naive. more than $2.5 million and he didn't know?

comical. that's why his lawyer can't prove it. all he can do is throw a reasonable doubt out there and hope for the best but fortunately... we're not naive and stupid.

more than $2.5 million and he didn't know?
lol.

I believe today is the sentencing day and had been looking for information in court websites, news.google.com and other websites.

Nothing I can find and is curious to know of the sentencing handed down by a Judge?

I've gotten a lot of info via PMs re John Yeh and they indicate that he was well aware of what was going on.

The only thing that is sad is that I had looked up to him as a fine example of a business man in the Deaf community at one time.

John TC Yeh's Statement at the Court.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMokvl8JVo&feature=share]John TC Yeh's Statement at the Court - YouTube[/ame]

"But I didn't know..." is what they all say.:roll:

The only thing that is sad is that I had looked up to him as a fine example of a business man in the Deaf community at one time.

Exactly. He is guilty of disappointing the whole community with his business practices and lack of ethics.

Once again, you see this incident in a completely opposite way from the way the D/dea community sees it. Does that tell you anything at all?

Today, Judge Pisano sentenced John Yeh to 108 months in federal prison with 3 years of post-prison supervised release (aka parole supervision). He was given credit for the time he spent in a Maryland jail earlier this year before state charges were dropped over an unrelated matter.

Joseph Yeh was sentenced to 55 months in federal prison with 3 years of supervised release.

In a surprise move, Viable changed their plea to guilty on only one count; the government dropped all other counts. Judge Pisano also waived a pre-sentencing report (PSR) for Viable. He put them on one year of probation.

For each of the 3 defendants above, Judge Pisano also ordered them to pay $20 million. So, yep, that’s $60 million total. Will the U.S. government ever see most of that money back? I doubt it, but it’s probably to serve as a deterrent to prevent anyone else from ever thinking about trying a scam like this in the future after seeing how stiff the consequences for this one were.

Judge Pisano agreed to send special recommendations to the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP) for the Yehs. Not all judges do that, but some will. The BOP is not required to follow Judge Pisano’s special recommendations (other than the sentencing length and conditions) but they generally will try to honor the requests if possible.

A common special recommendation is to specify the convicts be imprisoned somewhere relatively near their family if possible so that it’s easier for their family and friends to provide support during their incarceration through face-to-face visits. Other recommendations might include special diet, medication, segregation (or not).

Both Yehs will report to federal prison on January 11, 2012 at noon. The first prison they go to may not be their “final” home because the first place is usually a processing facility where they evaluate new inmates to determine best placement into an available prison facility. This process may take maybe a month before the next transfer.

Once they are entered in the “prison system”, they will have an inmate number and a special mailing address. I will post this information when I see it on the BOP’s inmate locator website.

Judge Pisano agreed to continue their bail, which means they are free on bail for now, until they report to prison. Some judges will revoke bail upon sentencing to jail or prison, but I’m guessing he gave them a little time to enjoy holidays with family and friends and to get their affairs in order.

Next hearing will be Kathleen Valle’s on Monday December 5th where the court will formally drop all charges against her due to successful completion of the Pre-Trial Diversion program.

Unless rescheduled, there should be two more sentencing hearings in December.

After today’s events, the final numbers:

25 defendants pleaded guilty

1 convicted at trial

1 pleaded guilty but will have all charges dropped

Court hands down stiff sentences to Yehs and Viable « clercjr

I must say, from my view, that I believe there is a large segment of the deaf community that is very sympathetic of John and his family.

Back